Stacked Mother Lode . 2022 . The Genesis

Let’s listen to some soul music for a change.

These are going to be some very interesting crosses.
So very excited to experience the results of these couplings.

2 Likes

Check this out.

Right next to where I threw the apple cores, in each of the two pots a new sprout popped up!
Straight through the hairy mold! LOL

I’m telling you… kitchenscraps and the least amount of effort, sisters & brothers, and others.

The sprouts are right in the middle of each photo.

6 Likes

Thats rad!
I’d imagine there’s a wonder of enzymatic activity in there eh?

4 Likes

Mycorrhizal fungi taking the hint I guess.
Fuck knows how many species of fungi are in action right now…
All communicating with one another.

Interesting how both sprouts are pointing their head towards the apple core.

4 Likes

Tipping their hats :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wonder if you’ll get any apples :thinking:
Going to be planting a few pomegranates that sprouted in my worm bin in the yard this spring :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best chance of getting an apple tree is sowing the whole apple.
Same with any other fruit.

I can only imagine the power boost a cannabis seed must get from being sowed while still encased in the flower, having dried in the blazing sun for a while, decarbing…

Let’s get these fungi and microbes stoned!

8 Likes

IMG_20220331_214626131

New sprouts are unbothered.

The older sprout next to the spirulina tablets is still standing!
Taking quite a hit but still growing.

Smells like a forest, but a really sweet forest.

4 Likes

In the blue pot there’s one sprout, two vegging plants and three flowering ones.

So I guess 5-6 plants is the maximum for this stacked setup.
Excluding covercrops.
And 3-4 for the other small pots.
But we’ll see how the sprouts evolve there.
That burnt one is tough!

And the other one’s helmet fell off after a few nudges.

2 Likes

@Rogue I have to share with you that I was days away from buying some Jacks 3-2-1 nutes this year, and your approach is what talked me off the ledge.
Now I’ve got a 5 gallon bucket full of food waste (that was slated to go in the compost out back) along with as much water as the bucket holds, along with a bucket full of dandelion (roots and leaves) and water that I’ll be using as “fertilizer”. I tossed in a handful of compost that’s in the works, and it cost me NOTHING.
Your philosophy has inspired me to surrender the illusion of control, just offer what I have, and let nature handle the details.
I still have concoctions, extractions, and fermentations that will find their way into my garden and into my pots, but my ego regarding “growing” plants has shifted to recognizing my role as someone creating an environment for nature to express itself in the way that it sees fit.
Thank you, friend. :bear: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

That’ll do the trick!
Use in moderation…
A tea cup of that juice (either the food waste or dandelion, or half a cup of both) per pot (or 10L of soil) and a cup of rainwater or bottled water after it.

(tapwater is basically mild disinfectant, it would kill a whole bunch of the microbes and fungi which we’re aiming to stimulate and nourish, the main reason they add disinfectants is so that no organisms would grow inside the pipes and clog them, drinking that stuff is completely insane to me, imagine what it does to your gut biome, one of the main sources of serotonin in your body, that’s also why I eat my cannabis).

Once a month, maybe twice a month, should be ok.
More than that and you’d be watering too much and potentially burn the roots.
Now you can use the money you saved to buy yourself or someone dear to you something nice.
Or stamps to give away seeds. :smile:
Whatever you like!

3 Likes

Gracias for the insight.
I am in agreement regarding municipal water; for the outdoor garden we invested in an inline filter for the hose, that removes chlorine, chloramine, and heavy metals, but allows mineral content to pass through.
The water is extremely hard (high mineral content), so amending with Ca/Mg etc. is wholly unnecessary.
I’m in the desert, in fabric pots, (maintain a 40% humidity level using a humidifier) but the climate dictates I need to bottom water weekly in early veg, and every 3 days at peak flowering. I was considering feeding on alternate waterings, but it seems you’d lean toward every 3rd or 4th watering?

This is what I’m working toward once I’ve got a jar for myself, so that I don’t have to give the dispensary money anymore!

2 Likes

What filter did you get for outside water?, I’ve been looking for a solution for that…

2 Likes

I grabbed the Boogie Blue “plus”
It’s rated for something like 45,000 gallons; I bought one a couple years back and it was stolen off the end of my hose!
I believe @JohnnyPotseed might have some experience with it as well (using the filter, not stealing it :bear::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

6 Likes

Might be better to use bigger pots that are not fabric.

Fabric pots were developed for the synthetic nute guys, not an improvement for organic growers.
When you don’t forcefeed your plants then the roots stop developing on their own when they are limited in space , especially with mycorrhizal fungi in the soil. Ofcourse the growth above soil is also limited then, but that’s solved by increasing soil volume, doesn’t really matter if you’re using fabric or plastic pots, with organic grows it really doesn’t make a difference apart from needing to water the fabric pots more often. I’ve used them side by side.

Their excessive root growth is because the plants don’t get everything they need so the roots desperately search for what they do need, which is microbial life and fungi!
Organic grows don’t get such giant roots because the fungi are the root extensions and do the job for the plant.

And you can develop your desert into fertile ground by mulching and covercrops.
It’s very simple and easy, Geoff Lawton shows us how to do just that.

Although in my opinion he still uses too much effort starting seeds in pots instead of sowing straight into the soil and letting natural selection happen.

And leaving half of the harvest for the soil is also something I haven’t seen from him.
I’m very grateful for his inspiration though, but really I gotta thank irrazinig for showing us how the Afghan farmers do it, that’s where I got the idea for the Rogue Method, I only put it to words in my own way, as simple as I could.

The Afghan farmers still don’t know about covercrops and nitrogen fixing plants though, but that’ll change as they gain more and more access to the internet.
I can see that incorporated into their fields eventually.

6 Likes

Hey @Rogue do you have a link to the info your referencing from irrazing? Very curious to read how they do things there

2 Likes

Every farmer does it differently, but this particular post struck a chord in me:

Panch-Dhara, Urgam Valley
(Chamoli, Uttrakhand)
Late September 2021

We visited the Urgam Valley during the 2021 season just around the end of the September when farmers begin their harvest by Handrubbing the resin off of the live plants.

What we have learnt from previous many visits here in the valley is that farmers do not harvest or attempt to collect the seeds but instead let them fall on the earth to be burried under snow for the winters. The local farmers also mulch back all of the remaining stems, roots, and plants still left on the ground before the winters by covering it with layers of cow dung manure untill the springs, when snow clears.

The Cannabis populations in the valley more or less grows in a regenerative manner each year, since the farmers do not collect the seeds, instead rely on a natural cycle of regeneration, wherein the Cannabis seeds sprout up every year during the springs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZR-qfJBAmO/

This is in India, not Afghanistan, they travel all over the middle east though.

4 Likes

Thank you! Must’ve skimmed that post, that’s super interesting though, makes a lot of sense

3 Likes

^ Flash made it look bit funky.

^ Cherry Festival sprouts still standing and growing!
The one in the other pot said “fuck this” and is returning to the soil.
Natural selection.

4 Likes

6 Likes