Starting Again...... with new hemp seeds

Okay, first day in the Solo cups and I can report…

Absolutely nothing!

I have 5 of the other strains coming out from their long slumber, but these here varmints are lazy.

BTW - Sorry for the rotated pic. took it with the phone, long ways to fit and don’t have an editor to rotate that I can post the output of (just gimp)

3 Likes

Well, the Freedom Dream has been in the cups for 5 days…

And so far… NADA!!!

2 Likes

So…an update

Needless to say, absolutely none of them came up. So I ditched them and stuck seeds I got from seeds I got from @ReikoX, the imfamous Lowryder x La Diva (sorry, can’t remember what you settled on for a name).

Will have to get some Cherry Wine or BaOX when I can.

The results of the experiment…

Freedom Dream… NO, Freedom NIGHTMARE!!!

3 Likes

Divyder, you wont be disappointed​:+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to try it on my other run as I killed off all but 1 male and 1 female. What little I got from the seeded female I mixed up with some VG and it should be ready next month. but I shouldn’t have to wait too long as I already have 6 of 9 up and showing their smiling little faces.

3 Likes

I have tried the Freedom Dream as well. Out of say 40-50 seeds I only had 4 or 5 that germinated and lived passed seedling stage. That being said I did not find any keepers and found they were not worth my time. I started them indoors and had them out in my backyard with alot of sun. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Okay…

The Freedom Dream debacle is OVER!!!

I took finally got some hemp seeds, Colorado Cherry, which is the Daddy of Charlotte’s Cherry (supposedly)

Now, I pose this question to the group, Should I sprout in RW or direct?

I have a bunch of 1-1/2" cubes that I was going to use for hydro (on hold - Indefinitely) and I have 6"wide x 9" deep Fabric bags I am going to actually grow them in… (ignore the plant, it is one of @ReikoX’s LxLD)

Is it better to start in the cubes and transfer to the pots, or just put the seeds in the pot and let it rip?

3 Likes

Just a tip that I found has really helped my germination rate: keep the bag that the paper towel is in vertical, not horizontal. It prevents the seeds from drowning because the water only wicks up from the bottom of the bag and gives them plenty of moisture and oxygen.

Let me know if you don’t know what I’m talking about so I can put up a pic. Oh and also just my 2c.

4 Likes

Okay, so once again this grow was a bust. I started 6 of the Cherries They grew to be about 8 inches tall with only one set of leaves and then died.

The one Duvyder I grew out grew to 12 inches and started flowering. Would have been great if it ended up being one of @ReikoX’s 12 inch colas, but alas it has turned into a Charlie Brown Divyder. I will get some from it but not much. Of the Old Skool I had (2) only one grew and it has turned out to me a male. No where to keep it so, chop…chop…chop.

So, I am going to try again…again. have 5 more cherry and have put them into Coco, along with 5 of the RCB x Remedy CBD. As of today, all 5 of the cherry have come up and 3 of the RCB. I will post pictures of them, tomorrow.

Will also post all my details with the pictures so y’all can tell me what is going wrong.

5 Likes

Morning fellow grower. Got a few questions for you. What kinda of soil are you using? What is the light source? What are your high/low temps? And do you have a fan blowing on your plants to help them grow strong?

3 Likes

Okay… the fun begins… AGAIN!

So after the Freedom Dream debacle, I picked up som Colorado Cherry seeds and tried to get them started. I decided to start them in RW and transplant to my fabric pots. All seemed to be going well, they stated growing and started getting some roots showing out of the bottom. They also started stretching. Then the fell over. Unfortunately I was off my feet for two weeks so they died.

Being that I am not a quitter, and I am tired of buying isolate, I am going again. This time they went right into the pots. So I took the last 5 seeds I had, as well as some of those FINE RCB x Remedy CBD seeds I recieved from a WONDERFUL human being.

Here is a quick outline of what I have and what I am using:
Space - Just under 9 sqft
Lighting - CFL 200W (1-2700K and 1-6000K) Until I can finish my LED fixture (more on that later
Media - Coco and Perlite
Nutrient - GH Flora (3 part)

@hewhocoruptz at the moment, no fan but will be putting it back in.

Seeds went into the pots on 1/31/19 after a 12 hour soak.

As of Day 5:

Cherry are on the left and RCB are on the right

These are the Cherry

These are the RCB x Remedy CBD

As of today (Day 9) 4 out of 5 of the cherry are doing fine (one decided to do a curly Q so I will probably pull it if I can’t fix it) and 3 of the RCB have come up (will replace the 2 with new seeds that are in paper towel at the moment.

Will post more pictures tonight or tomorrow.

5 Likes

Right on. Looking good so far. That fan will defiently help make those plants stronger and prevent them from collapsing. Also how far away is your light source from the pots? Having the light pretty close will help minimalize the stretch factor. Im also growing the RCB x Remedy seeds. Ill have to get an update going also.

2 Likes

About a foot off the surface. Eventhough they aren’t really hot, I didn’t want them any closer.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Id say youd be safe moving it a little closer. But thats totally up to you

1 Like

Okay, things are progressing. I replanted 3 of the RCB x Remedy CBD in the three that failsed to come up (2 RCB and 1 Cherry). All started to germinate in paper towel and were transfered to the Coco. Two have come up with the third not.

Day 13

Will be feeding again tomorrow (fed them last week and is just started to dry up). Will also be changing one of the bulbs from a 2700K to a 6000K.

3 Likes

Okay, it is Day 16 and everybody got fed. I have come to the conclusion that many of my little ones may be Fleetwood Mac fans… They have decided to “Go their own way”.

It has to be me, so what am I doing wrong here? Way too leggy and floppy and in some cases curvy.

5 Likes

It is Day 24. Been down for the last week and have barely been able to do the necessary things for my little ones so picture taking was out of the question. Fed them yesterday and the last few days they seem to want to join the Air Farce… They have been, for the most part “Straightening up and Flying right”. Even the replants are coming along just fine.

One thing I noticed, I am feeding from the bottom, a gallon at a time (when I started I figured out that they would hold about a pint [16oz] before draining) and it gets drawn up fairly quickly, but the top of the Coco always looks dry. When I put a finger in, it is always damp just below and Is holding it for just about a week (have been checking and it is always still moist unti aboutl the 6th day so far) and I’m not seeing any signs that they are wilting, although it never gets over 72 or 73 in there. This seems odd to me as everyone is always talking about having to feed about twice a week. After the last couple of failures (or not totally) I have been relying more on LITFA (thank @ReikoX) and it’s been okay so far, but I need to make sure this one does well.

Opinions???

2 Likes

Keep on target, as they get bigger they will drink more and more water.

1 Like

Okay, it is Day 30.

Everyone seems to be getting with the program. Even the three replacements are doing well.

BTW - @ReikoX, you are absolutely right. It’s now 5 days since the last watering and the coco is a bit drier, so they are sucking up a bit more. Plan to water them tomorrow.

I am actually impressed with the Cherry. I have always been told hemp is tall and lanky, but this looks like it may by a little bushy.

A question on nutrients. As stated before, I am using GH Flora. Everything I read says to mix at 1/4 strength for Coco as you are always feeding them, not just watering. Right now I am mixing at 1/2 strength, only because, in my first grow, I mixed at 1/4 ant they seemed to need more. I went to 1/2 strength and they picked up. These are doing well so far, with no signs of over feeding. Should I reduce or keep it as is?

Now, down to the “nitty-gritty” so to speak. What does everyone think about these “DIY” CO2 generator? Thinking about rigging one up but not sure it will do much. If I was still in God’s Country (TX) I would still have my kegorator, and hence, CO2 canisters to work with (that and a job and money and my sanity… but who’s complaining). I am lookingh into a method of producing with dry ice and a few other things to work with hardening refractory for a DIY foundry (I saw a video and now can’t for the life of me find it, so if anybody is familiar with the process and/or a video please let me know) but that seems too intensive for my little shower. Was just going to use fementation instead.

4 Likes

I forgot to ask, anyone have any recommendations for Gnat Traps? Went down to The Despot and trhey didn’t have any. Don’t have gnats, at the moment but I figure I should have some around, and maybe even put one in there, just to be safe.

2 Likes