Starting Again...... with new hemp seeds

Yellow sticky strips are the only thing that work for me. I ordered them from the giant river place or wally’s store online, don’t remember which one? Which ever I was ordering other items from at the same time probably. They where in 8" x 10" sheets - 10 to a package, you can cut to the size you want.

regards,

mike28086

2 Likes

They are looking good, I would keep it at 1/2 or even a touch higher. They look like they could take it.

2 Likes

Okay, It is Day 36 and everything seems well. I fed them on day 34. The only thing I can see is a little bit of droop on one of the RCB plants.

Hopefully going to put the CO2 generator together over the weekend (need to finish the cranberry juice today). Is there any way to detect how much CO2 it is putting out?

3 Likes

Well, Didn’t get the co2 generator put together so this is but another project left to do.

Anyway…

It’s Day 41

I added a yardstick to show the growth. The yardstick is down to the bottom of the pots, which are 9in tall (top of the medium is at about 7in up). Looks like the taller ones are about a foot tall. Fed them yesterday, and with @ReikoX’s advise I left it at 50%. (Thanks)

Well now, here is the dilemma. It has been just about 6 weeks from seed. When should I switch over to flower? I know they will grow quite a bit in the flower stage, but I was thinking I would like to get some more height on them especially the smaller ones. I have the room for tall plants so I thought I would let them get at least another foot. Input?

Would also really love to get more light in there and don’t think I will get the new fixture ready in a while. Anyone know where I can get (2) E26 CFL’s that are over 105W each?

3 Likes

It is now Day 48. Another cloudy, miserable day. It’s supposed to rain, starting in about an hour or so, so no working outside (feeling lazy, so no inside either).

Fed the little monsters yesterday. Many of them are anywhere from 15" to 20" (3 of the RCB and 3 of the Cherry). Still a few, while bushy, are still real short. One of them, I may pull, as it is still too “spindly” I’ll give it a few days.

And the newest addition… Sebring’s Revenge… Thanks again @Sebring!!!

Just put them in the pots yesterday. Can’t wait to get these going.

I am thinking of switching to flower, on the tall ones in about a week to ten days.

4 Likes

It is Day 57.

Fed them on Tuesday, so will try to stretch out their next, so it won’t be all “drippy” when I move the few. I will probably switch most of them over in a few days, just waiting for some pitiful CBD Hash to finish, so it wasn’t a total waste, and I can move the few I still want to veg to see if they grow a bit more. One of the RCB is getting tossed. It’s a Charlie Brown Christmas Weed. Three of the Cherry and three of the RCB will switch to flower.

It is also Day 10 for the SR1.

Except for the “bendy” one, they are looking pretty good. Will move them over to the small cabinet with the others. Been keeping the coco moist, with filtered water, but when should I start feeding them?

1 Like

Day 59

Had to feed today, but am giving the lousy CBD Hash 24 hours of darkness, before harvesting, so hopefully they will be less sloppy for the move tomorrow.

But i did pull one of the RCB’s

My Charlie Brown Christmas Weed

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay in posting. Was flat on my back for a few days and had SD Card difficulties.

Anyway, I finally switched most of the plants to 12/12, though I decided, rather than pull them, switch two (one of each) to the wardrobe and continue vegging them (no height to them). Figure I would give them a little more time before they got dumped.

So it would be… Day 5F

There are three of the Cherry (left) and four of the RCB X Remedy CBD. Going to feed them in a bit and it looks as though they are needing to be fed twice a week from now on.

As of now, haven’t taken a close look as to sex, but tomorrow I will be doing that.

This will be Day 68 for the other two…

and Day 21 on the SR-1

Fortunately I haven’t killed those off yet, though I did lose one. Have to figure something to put under them to get them closer to the light.

3 Likes

Will give an update tomorrow, but had a question that hopefully can get to those in the know.

Had anyone grown out the RCB x Remedy CBD from @cannabissequoia yet? Any idea how the THC/CBD levels came out? I would guess that combining a High THC (Red Cherry Berry)with a High CBD (Remedy CBD) would develop a cross which is balanced THC/CBD?

If this is the case, would a cross with a balanced THC/CBD female (RCB x Remedy CBD) and a hemp male (high CBD and <1% THC) produce a High CBD/moderate THC strain?

Found one male in my Colorado Cherries, so was going to pollinate the small CC female and thought I would also pollinate the small RCB x Remedy CBD with it as well. Any ide what the outcome would be?

3 Likes

Coincidentally yes! :smile: Apparently CBD is hard to pass on, a very recessive trait?

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

So do you think the cross of RCB x Remedy and the hemp would still give a balanced THC/CBD? Was hoping it would raise the CBD and keep a moderate THC level.

2 Likes

I’d be out of my league to really answer this :blush:, but it sounds logically probable. It’d be good to ask the Elders here.

1 Like

Okay, I know it’s been a while, but I finally took some pics.

Day 20 of Flower (I guess)

The two on the left (The Jolly Green Giant) and the one in front of it are the last remaining Cherries. One was Male and got pulled to the cabinet and the other, which I thought was a female, was one of the short ones I moved and figure I would leave with the male for seeds. The other four are the Remedy. All are looking good and should be decent producers, as long as I can keep “Jolly” from bursting through the ceiling.

These are the Remedy

And this is “Jolly”

In the Cabinet, I have a Male Cherry in the center, which I had a bit of a “boo boo” with, A Remedy Female on the right, and you know that runt Cherry, I thought was a girl… SURPRISE… It’s a Boy.

The file name is appropriate as there is no way in Hell I am going to remember what day it is, but it’s all for seed anyway, and if I can actually collect some pollen, I am going to pollinate one of the buds on the smaller cherry, in the other room.

5 Likes

I got 2/2 males on some seeds recently so I’m getting some pollen before they hit the composter. No real planned used but it’s some DurbanThaiHighFlyer x Cindy99 from Cobra50 so it won’t go to waste. :wink:

Maybe to my DurbanP X RedCherryBerry. :thinking:

2 Likes

Well,
after building a ramp,

building 2 gates (double gate for the same opening),

fixing another gate,

cutting down trees,

Repairing all the really nice trenches that the guy who ground the stumps left in the yard,

Digging out the Sewer Clean Out that the above mentioned stump guy buried, and putting a vault around it, SO IT DOESN’T GET BURIED AGAIN!

Trying to put back together a block wall that almost fell (Note to cranky old fart… if there are vines holding a wall together… DON"T HAVE YOUR SON-IN-LAW CUT THEM!!!)

All at about an hour at a time (just about how long I can go before having to get supine)

Blah, Blah, Blah…

I was finally able to do more to my plants than just feed them and sure enough it was time to chop them down. Was happy with the Cherry Hemp, though I almost lost the largest as the cola was so large and the stem, not thick enough, bent and almost broke. Caught it just in time to put a stake in there to keep the top alive. As to the RCB x Remedy, was not real happy with what I got. Two of the four had a small but decent cola, but the others and first two were nothing but little buds. I would say the fault lies with me. I did nothing but put them in pots and fed them. Next grow will be all fems so I know what I am getting.

Some Pics:

The cherry… Put the scissors in for some scale

And the RCB/Remedy. Lots of small buds but that’s okay. If I like it, I will make some fem seeds and grow them out.

Will post the total weight for each when they dry out and am ready to cure.

2 Likes

C’mon smoke test! :blush: :v:

Can ya smoke it when it’s still wet???

No-- :smile: I’m just sayin’ cmon weed don’t be a complete fail! (fingers crossed). If you try it green it will DEFINITELY suck. :joy:

1 Like

Okay, after a disappointing weigh in…

Colorado Cherry - 6.5 grams (from 2 plants)
RCB x Remedy CBD - 6.5 grams (from 4 plants)

Looks like I will be buying a few more grams of isolate, at least for the near future.

But, something good did come from this…

SEEDS!!! (sorry for the blur. The looked in focus when I took it. Guess it’s time for new glasses) :smile:

2 Likes

Can you run some outdoors? :thinking: