STINK or BUST

I have Some of the Sk18 Hoodoo going right now.It’s going to be absolutely Disgusting

3 Likes

Glad to have you all for the ride :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Did you start it already?! I remember the name but maybe it was just you talking about it somewhere on here. You can count me in! I miss foul weed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Houu yess, and if I only find sweet stuff(doubtful), I have 4 cuts of skunk1 to fall back on :slightly_smiling_face: btw I’m really annoyed that my “keeper” cut of skunk was numbered “1”… like skunk#1 the strain… I have to find another name.

That’s something I read all the time… breeder describes x strain as super secret nuclear cut skunk of legend and it smells like a random fruit heh… I have to try it for myself though, if it doesn’t fit the bill, there’s plenty of room in my cemetery hahaha

Yes!! I’m watching with great interest, show me the way lol

4 Likes

A few people have suggested unconventional methods for germinating old seeds and I’m gathering supplies to try as many different ways as I can.

There must be something out there that works :muscle:

5 Likes

I assume you’ve seen the Johnny Potseed germ method, yes?
And the extra steps he does with older seed stock?

3 Likes

He’s putting seeds on top of worm castings I think? I’d have to read his tech again, definitely worth a try

3 Likes

Here’s what he says about older stock specifically
But yeah, it’s the worm castings germination method. Never tried it, but I know better than to second guess somebody with JP’s chops

3 Likes

My eyes are glued to this thread like a bag of skunk from '04 :eyes:

8 Likes

Buddy! Best of luck on your journey! This will be a true test of the stank. Godspeed!

3 Likes

I’m definitely down to watch this. Certainly there is some stank in there. :grin::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

@Mithridate DO IT! Looks like everyone is interested in this journey! :christmas_tree::green_heart:

5 Likes

I have 170 good skunk seeds and ~100 less mature ones to experiment with.

Here’s a list of the things I’ll be trying

Germ in aloe chunk a la Astrodude

take apart an old alarm clock. The type that runs on 9V batteries. Take the battery connector out of the clock, cut the wires 4 inches past the connector. Get some wire splitters and shears back the wire casing to reveal the postive and negative leads. Place a seed in a wooden or ceramic bowl. Connect a 9V battery to the connector, make the positive and negative leads touch right on the top of the seed. THAT low voltage charge will also jumpstart the seeds vigor. There was a study done at the University of Iowa in the 1960’s, about applying low voltage to seeds to increase vigor.
Suggested by Rory Borealis

Seed casings stripped, embryos laid on sponge or top of wormcastings, in dome

Current in soak water, 6-9v for 10 or 30mins

JohnnyPotSeed tech (curious about that carbonated water)

I also found an agricultural product containing Gibberellins (A3, GA, and GA3),Alpha Amylase, Abscisic Acid, Brassinosteroids, Ethylene, Cytokinins, and Vitamins touted as a secret formula to jumpstart old and stubborn seeds.

I read that it’s used by commercial farmers but not available publicly… and found this grower who MacGyver’d the formula with the help of a chemist… he sells a tiny bottle with a dropper for 25usd. I’ll grab one when his shop reopens after the holidays…

Important to note that whenever I play with old seeds I follow the protocol outlined by Chimera(well I think it was him anyway haha) a while back. Ie thoroughly wash seeds with peroxide and rince with r.o water x3

I’ll be starting the first batches tomorrow and if anyone has a method they swear by and want to share it, please do :pray:

:santa:

23 Likes

Water + few drops of Hydrogen peroxide let beans soak a few days till sprouted.

3 Likes

Yeaaah!

I want to mention that since I keep my seeds in a fridge I left them at room temperature for a few days before experimenting.

Also, for old seeds I wash them real good in peroxide and rinse them with water, repeat 3x

My redneck lab at the back of my van
(not really lol)

Electric chair - wooden spoon in lieu of a bowl

This

Left overs(for now)

I started 30 for each method :slightly_smiling_face:

Method1: electrocuted with 9v. Then into paper towels.

Method2: Soaked for 12-18 hrs in aspirin water. To be sowed in chunks of aloe.

Method3: soaked in low ppm veg nutes, then stripped of their shells and laid on a sponge to germ(might spray kelp to help them)

Method4 would be on top of worm castings, again couldn’t find that… what’s going on lol

Method5 would be using commercial farms seed boosters, I talked with the guy that sells it on the low lol… my main concern is the stretch since the formula contains a bunch of GA… we’ll see

12 Likes

We’ll be hearing screams from the back of the van IT’S Alive it’s alive . Electrocution of seeds sounds pretty 1960’s but hey worth trying .

5 Likes

This is great! From one mad scientist to another: Keep it up.
I’m really curious about seeing these methods side by side.

5 Likes

Electoculture is something that’s been haunting me for a while now… there is something to it for sure. Problem is there are so many variables that every uni that studied it stopped after a very short trial…
ie every plant is different, well there’s groups I guess, for volts used, duration of exposure, rh, temps, soil composition etc 60hertz will increase vigor for x but kill z

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Yessss. Not very scientific but as long as one gives me better germ rates I’m happy.

20+% germ rates and I’ll be dancing in my kitchen or something

7 Likes

Time to see some results! I like it. :heart:

3 Likes

Ok ok okayyy

I talked with the guy with the MacGyver germination booster liquid, and… he offered a bottle to test with the skunks! Woooo!

Amaaaazing!

Let me catch a smoke break and I’ll check on the seeds

Be right back :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I cleared my tent of PM with Captain Jacks Copper spray and bleached everything and was reading this the other day and I wonder does Electoculture Repel or kill PM if applied ground to soil cathode to tip of plant maybe?Thoughts?

1 Like