Strains with little to no trippiness

We all know the awesome feeling when you start to really ponder deeply on things, whether you are staring at a wall or watching something interesting. However, sometimes it can be too much or overwhelming and not fun anymore.

This is especially true for those with anxiety, so my question is. Are there any strains out there that basically turn your brain off and just provide sleep, pain relief, relaxation, etc. without the mental weirdness?

If there are any seed lines you could recommend for these purposes I am all ears. Searching for a mother for medicine, no trippiness or any of that. The more consistent the line the better I guess.

6 Likes

Sounds like you’re looking for type II or type III cannabis. Mixed ratio with varying levels of THC, CBD, CBG, THCV etc. I’m really loving what Hoku Seed Co are doing these days. They have many lines of all of these combos and Type III types with high levels of CBD, CBG or other non THC Cannabinoids. They have really great customer service too and post their number on their website. You can literally text them and they will answer so many questions. Great company IMO

10 Likes

Some strains I found for sleep and turning the mind off are Purple Urkle, Purple Punch, Bubba Kush, Mendo Breath and Granddaddy Purple.

1 Like

About to harvest some Nurple:

Letting it go extra long in hopes for added CBN.

It has Blackberry Kush and Bubba in its lineage so there could be some promise here.

I guess I’ll be looking into these Type II and III strains tonight during research hour lol

19 Likes

Looks tasty!

2 Likes

CBD can be a massive help for things like this. Honestly now a days I only consume cannabis in ratios of 2:1 CBD:THC and up. I extract everything into rosin and then dose it out like that. But just to try, you could always get your hands on some high cbd or hemp flower and try mixing it together in various ratios to see how it does for you. I am a big advocate of CBD and other cannabinoids for a more full and balanced experience.

9 Likes

@bassman5420
Me to, i recently mixed some bubba that i tested and found was high cbd, mixed with dancehall cbd plant into one blunt. I felt very good but no mental or cerebral component. Its very relaxing and you feel great the next day as well. The bubba is actullay a bubba hash from ACE. It is high in alpha pinene too…

3 Likes

Speed Devil #2 (auto)

Very sedative but clear headed medicinal type effect. Utter relaxation but still able to do things.

I grew a couple more strains from Sweet Seeds but wasn’t overly impressed.
This was my favorite, very indica dominant effect.

You’d probably like Mr. Nice NL5 x Afghan too. Mellow, smooth, clearheaded.

Both very good at dissolving anxiety when eaten after it’s been decarboxylated for 3 hours at 100 degr. Celsius.

Sensi Seeds Afghan#1 auto was a very tough strong plant, and a gentle sedative effect as well.

2 Likes

you just have to taste a bunch and see what works for you.

I think herijuana is a great medicinal indica dominant strain that turns off your brain without any anxiety.

4 Likes

I agree. It’s just physically strong, really strong…

1 Like

the problem is I have to grow my own, no dispensaries or anything here. so each new strain i try will be like 4-5 months of waiting lol. Herijuana does sound like it would be worth trying.

I like stuff with Afghani lineage for resting my mind.

3 Likes

definitely liking what Im seeing here. I have a feeling this will be the direction I’ll be going in in the future. lots of strains to sift through and read about though. thanks for the tip!

1 Like

My pleasure. Ya definitely a lot to sift through. Since it seems like your time is a bit more valuable I would suggest shooting them an email or a text asking them about suggestions on their seed lines. They’re very responsive in my experience. Also, they sell flower! So if you’re in the states you could probably sample a few of the strains before you buy the seeds. I’m not sure they would ship out the flower cross boarder if you don’t live there but I wouldn’t put it passed them to try! They have a lot of future breeding projects I’m excited about and I like their strain descriptions and details.

My personal experience with them has been great. They hook up the freebies really well and the seed counts in the packs are way above what’s advertised. Keep in mind though that some of their seed lines are meant to be pheno hunted and sifted through, so pay attention to the write ups.

Anyway, another company to look for would be Seattle Chronic Seeds. They seem to be affiliated and you will notice that they breed with each others stuff.

CBD or CBG strains are what your looking for, they have litle to no trippyness and give you the full benafits of cannabis. i only smoke cbd or cbg straions nowerdays apart from the odd purple strain. love the colour

1 Like

Anything weak like under 15% thc with a taste you like that makes you relax.
Licorice and kushy flowery tasting weed does that for me. If it’s not weak like an autoflower then i will get the affects you don’t want it seem.

So impotent weed with a taste that works for you.
Personally coffee and a cig does the trick for what you want but i quit smoking nicotine.

Sincerely think coffee and cigs will not do it for me. Have a neurological condition that causes my skin to hurt like carpet burn and the muscles a dull pain. As the description is given, “Putting on a shirt or a gentle breeze hitting the skin hurts.” So I want to be able to do normal things (for me) like working with powered woodworking tools and driving. Holding a woman in my arms might be nice also. Haven’t been able to for the last decade. CBD limits the pain, THC with it is better but that is only a late night thing. I basically need CBD morning to night and if I want to add THC every once in a while I can just take a toke or two.

There are more strains high in CBD and CBN being bred all the time, Weedseedsexpress.com have a few but I havent tried them, although the seed bank is really good to deal with.