Strain Recommendations for PTSD/Fibromyalgia/Pain?

who can recommend me a strain for PTSD, inflammation and eye pressure for glaucoma, also to treat chronic pain such a pain fibromyalgia and damaged nerves in the spine and peripheral damage too severe carpal tunnel and neuropathy all help is appreciated Mahalo

Do you take cannabis in different forms?

1 Like

yes tincture edible vaporizer i’m looking for my conditions but for my moms as well too i want to take her here with me she have a lot of conditions and mental problems do the PTSD i want her out and far of all old stuff plus replace a lot of medications that the psychiatrist and other doctors were giving her is too much

1 Like

For fibro and nerve related stuff, get some Cannatonic. Shown to contain up to 17% CBD!
Bonus points for being anti inflammatory, also helps with depression.

For Anxiety, PTSD, and similar conditions, you can’t really go wrong with the tried and true Northern Lights, just be sure to get it from a good breeder.

I’m by no means a doctor and my statements in this post should not be considered medical advice. These statements have not been evaluated/approved/endorsed by the FDA lol.

6 Likes

thanks a lot appreciated dude hahah well i think FDA have a lot stuff wrong but hope a lot stuff change in the future

1 Like

Also, please be careful when pulling your mom off current medications. It would be very easy to do more harm than good if you don’t go about it the correct way. If this is something she wants as well, work together with her and wean off the meds slowly, the withdraw symptoms for some of these types of medications can be pretty severe.

My wifey has had a couple adverse reactions from her doctors switching up her meds with no consideration of these potential side effects, and just trust me brother when I say it can get pretty bad. Luckily we are at the point we know what works for her finally and don’t have to be guinea pigs anymore.

4 Likes

thats what im talking about she taking some strong medications that some of them are to cover side effects of the other one is insane i worked in the medical industry was a nursing student and i have seen a lot and even i have tested a lot of medication and even for me nothing works and for her is a pain in the ass in my opinion she dont take the meds or something lose control plus her surroundings don’t help he reither

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve got it covered then! I didn’t mean to come off as a doomsday speaker with meds, i’ve just seen what switching them up can do even under medical supervision lol.

Best of luck friend. Ohana first.

2 Likes

well if i bring her from puerto rico a lot of stuff is going to change the first stuff is doctors and everything so let’s see how it works i know she have a chemo monthly for the lupus too i have to work out that too

For PTSD/anxiety, I highly recommend a strain with CBD. Look into the inactive forms as well. A tincture of 1:1 THCA:CBDA has been my “rescue medication” for panic attacks and intruding thoughts.

For pain, a heavy “indica” such as Bubba Kush does the trick for me. Unfortunately, you will have to experiment a bit with what works for you.

5 Likes

@GreenCaciqueHawaii I would test a strain with with 1:1 or nearly by, thc:cbd as brings the most benefitials in my eyes for medical patients. CBD Crew could be one adress to find what you are looking for. All the best to you.

2 Likes

cbd is an anti inflammatory but does very little for pain ime. i do believe CBD levels should be constantly maintained though, it has lots of benefits many which maybe aren’t fully understood yet. high thc indicas are my go to for pain. the first sample of my northern lights seemed to provide relief without too much mental impairment but thats pretty limited testing. pre98 bubba kush was another one i liked.

my sampling of sour diesel yesterday was also pretty enjoyable, it really made me productive and want to get up and get things done. would recommend as well. just checking wiki now shows "Described as “a cross between cannabis and caffeine” so that’s pretty cool when your experience matches the expected result! maybe it has a high CBD content because CBD on its own was kinda like caffeine to me

2 Likes

We just screwed the cap of what is possible out of this plant. I think future will reveal.

3 Likes

I have heard good things about RSO.

@Kraven just ran a little piece of a thread showing how he makes it. Very cool.

4 Likes

I got blown up in Iraq. I use Kush, it especially works good as an alternative to opiates.

4 Likes

Welcome @StaffSergeantMack, those heavy indicas like the Kush are great for not only pain, but also anxiety. You will find that they, generally, have a tiny bit of CBD in them. For me, personally, I find they help, but don’t completely take the edge off. It also does nothing to stop my racing or intrusive thoughts. My anxiety manifests as anger or a panic attack. CBD works better for me in that respect.

Welcome to Overgrow :thumbsup:

3 Likes

The psychoactive make it worse for me. If I am smoking a heavy couch lock, for the body pain, I can sit thru a Flashback and not overreact. I can ride it out and not combat it, my anxiety doesn’t get as bad, makes it a bit easier. Also I find if I don’t tell people I’m in a panic they don’t trigger me worse. People need to understand it is a condition not a choice. The choice comes when I choose what type medication I use. The established medical community in the States has to do real research to understand how to prescribe medications that don’t come from a pill factory. When I first turn to cannabis in 2011 I was on so many medications so doctors wouldn’t even fill my normal script. They did finally prescribe Marrinal for sleep. It was great but still missing something. I have smoked weed here in Colorado since 2011 as a medical patient what I have seen is all the dispensaries just republishing the strains advertisements and not using the feedback from the patients. Eventually all the weed taste the same due to the same nuitrents being used, overflushing and not using the right pheno. But then came recreational and the market allowed for outsourcing then the market let them know what people bought based on what they needed… The medical and the recreational markets need to compare findings. The strains that work you can’t always find cause they change the name of the strains to what seems trendy. The federal government, state government and local law enforcement need to relax the plant counts and start encouraging growers to teach their proper growing techniques as we prepare to export globally.

4 Likes

I have a Vietnam Vet friend who says the same thing. He likes his space.

3 Likes

It can most definitely do that to me too. I made a tincture of CBDA and THCA that is my rescue medication. There is no psychoactiveity, just a calm feeling of well being.

2 Likes

That is what I need. I have anxiety attacks all my life and didn’t even shop after T-day due to crowds. Now that my DH has gotten to the point of getting agitated and combative with Alz I need it for him.
I don’t need the psychoactiveity just a calm feeling of well being (for both of us) He has chronic pain. I used a site that had you put in symptoms and growing ability. That is how I got WW and NL. I am no longer sure what to use as like StaffSergeantMack stated. My DH was the youngest StaffSergeant at the time of Korea Mack.

3 Likes