Favorite "Zen like/Relaxing" Strains?

Sup guys,

I was wondering what some your favorite/recommended strains were for a relaxing, mellow, zen-like high?

Lately I have been dealing with some hardships relating to a family loss and I am in search of more of a spiritual high. I know sometimes we tend to get caught up in the numbers but I am looking for something other than just a high THC strain.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers.

5 Likes

I tend to sativas generally but for a mellow zen-high I keep circling back to Pineapple Chunk.
I suspect that any hybrid in the pineapple or cheese lines may have similar effects for me. PC is ‘up there’ on the THC scale though, I like it but it makes my kid puke (he has zero tolerance).
Sorry to hear about your family troubles.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thats funny you mention that because I was JUST looking at more of Barney’s genetics and kept seeing their Pineapple Chunk.

I already have my next grow on deck (gonna try my hand at some Autos for the first time) but I may have to try to source some of those seeds now because I have passed up the Chunk a few times now.

I must say that the LSD I am growing from Barneys has been a super easy grower. Very pest resistant just overall solid so I am sure that would be a nice grow as well. No worries about the THC #s whether they are high or low I am just looking for that special high.

And thank you for that. Losing a loved one is always tough, but with everything going on, and not being able to travel/be in the hospital at all… It has been crazy.

3 Likes

If you are suffering from some anxiety, I suggest some CBD as well. I have a sativa dominant 1:1 cultivar called Juanita la Lagrimosa. She is my most medicinal plant.
:+1::seedling:

8 Likes

Apollo 11 “genius” pheno is my all time fav for relaxing with functional clear thoughts.

4 Likes

I have been enjoying dispensary Mother’s Milk for this. Look forward to smoking my grow in a couple of months.

4 Likes

That is a great suggestion. I might even have to try my hand at growing some CBD as I never have.
When CBD was first emerging I had some real nice CBD flower up in Oregon.

I currently have some CBD extract/oils that I never got the same effects off of compared to smoking the flower.

How long have you had your Juanita? Sounds real nice.

1 Like

I just did some reading up on that strain after your suggestion and I am impressed.

That sounds like something I would love to try out.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I have never had Mother’s Milk myself but I have had it recommended to me recently.

I am in the same boat as you as I just started back up growing again after nearly a decade. Really looking forward to producing all of my own and enjoying the grows.

Cheers.

3 Likes

I have had Juanita for about 5 years now

5 Likes

I just tried Super Critical CBD for the first time and is now one of my favorites nice and relaxing. I have high tolerance but this works for me. it the first time trying a cbd strain. I got her from here (https://onlineclones.ca/product/super-critical-cbd-bud-clones/)
Here she is day 52 with just a few more days to go!

How you feel well soon!

btw people are usually shocked to find out i’m a bad electrician :mage:

4 Likes

I generally need at least 50:50 CBD:THC to avoid THC-induced anxiety, however Sensi Star’s ability to put me into a mellow, calm, zen-like state was very surprising to me. This was some fairly potent (THC) stuff I got from the dispensary and I found it pretty dreamy and introspective without feeling “wasted”.

I found a lone seed in that batch but have not grown it out yet.

6 Likes

I will sugest two mild strains. Mandala#1 and Rishi kush from Mandala. Im not hardcore smoker and this is strains which allways gave me easy going, relaxed hours.
Heavy smokers around me didnt accept them well(esspecially Rishi kush). But some people with PTSD and with some other disorders realy enjoyed and appreciated that melow high.
Mandala#1 is more potent and just slightly on sativa side. Rishi on indica.
Chek Mandala site descriptions, they are pretty accurate

4 Likes

I had some weed not long ago that was called Dream Queen (Blue Dream x Space Queen).

A few hits kept me stoned and relaxed for a couple of hours. My tolerance is through the roof and this weed kept me feeling high and happy for a good long time! I was seriously impressed.

2 Likes

The only BAD electrician is a dead electrician :dizzy_face:
The rest are… a work in progress :innocent:

Like plane landings you walk away from… :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I’ll throw my hat 8n the ring and 2nd the sativa cbd but I like 2 to 1 ratio better myself

2 Likes

Any of the hash making countries around the Mediterranean are my go to for that. Lebanese, Turkey, Morocco, Syria and Sinai from RSC. Got some going right now. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Interestingly, most of these hash producing countries do not select for high THC only, so you get up to 25% of the plants with some CBD in them. They also, generally, let the plants get seeded which, IMO, changes the cannabinoid profile further.

5 Likes

Exactly!
I was noting that today while cruising through Ace Seeds reg. THC in the 7s, wild Terp profiles and a few other interesting anomalies. Interesting cross section of strains there.

Cheers
G

1 Like

That looks amazing!

1 Like