STS and autos

If I use STS on an auto, and pollinate a clone of same that I took pollen, will resulting seeds all be autos?

3 Likes

I could be wrong here, but I would imagine it would need to be a longer flowering auto, so it had time to get stable. Its going to flower at the same time as the mom, so I would personally just CS a branch. Should be the same result, without having to clone it. Anyone more familiar, please correct me if I am mistaken.

1 Like

Ok I probably misspoke, I would start one and use the sts and then start another and hit that with the pollen.

2 Likes

If you clone an auto, its on the same timer as the mom it came from. You can’t delay the flowering afaik

Edit, if you didn’t mean clones, and you have diff beans for each plant, then yeah, auto x auto = auto

7 Likes

^^^^ yuppers

3 Likes

I think so

aa x aa will always be aa(autoflowering)

2 Likes

will be autos of the same strain, i will be hoping you pull this off and share with us how things went. ive seen it on grow diaries where someone took a clone sprayed clone and got a few seeds, i dont know if he started another auto or what nut claimed to get seed

I’ve personally sprayed 1 branch on a single Feminized auto plant, used the pollen to seed the rest of the same plant. Resulted in Auto seeds.
So yes it works :wink:

3 Likes

have you spray the auto and trie using the pollen on a female photo strain?? how long or when did you start the spray?

No. Auto fem reversed to pollinate the same fem auto.

1 Like

when did you start the spraying on the auto and did you use the sts?

I used CS and this was years ago, so I can’t remember exactly how long I sprayed it.

2 Likes

no worries, i ll have to mess with one when i have time

I’ve been spraying CS 2-3 times a day for about a month, if’n I recall correctly.
They were 4weeks old by then.

Today,
TrainWreck auto

Lotsa work, CS is.

3 Likes

yeah even the sts is work seems like there is a better way?

1 Like

nope they are all work cs sts rodelization all work lol and don’t always work either doing some auto reversals now with sts I hope it is moe consitent than the cs also it would seem if you are trying to turn a photo to an auto using fem pollen would be more work??? you would have to reverse each generation right seems it would be easier using reg pollen but I’m not an expert

4 Likes

hey folks any info on a definitive time table or schedule regarding sts reversal and fast flowering autos when to start spraying when to germ the auto to be pollinated I’ve heard 3 weeks in start spraying and germ the recipient as wellam I close thanks everybody

2 Likes

Yes around the 3 week mark start the spraying. I’ve have left the reversed female pollinate itself and let it grow until seeds develop, the plant will look like shit in the end but it does work.

Cheers Johnny

2 Likes

thanks should I germ the second at the same time so it will be 2 or 3 weeks into flower when the pollen is ready that’s what I was thinking anyway thanks for the info

2 Likes

If you want to germ another plant, wait for another 3 weeks. If all goes well with the reversal the next plant will be in prime position to receive the fresh pollen.

Cheers Johnny

4 Likes