STS Recipe/ How do you make femmes

A lot of breeders make fems with sts but online I have seen lots of different recipes for STS. How do you make your Feminized seed?

7 Likes

Haven’t made any , but I do have STS part A part B on standby when I`m ready to make fem or reverse males . I purchased from Tenty20Mendocino.

3 Likes

Might check out this video:

19 Likes

I was hoping to see the difference in how people do it. Is this the go to video on OG? I was looking for differences in technique

3 Likes

That was the recipe I have used, have no idea about any “go to video on OG”. There are a couple of threads here on making STS, which is what I thought you were asking for.

3 Likes

I really love how Soul from Brothers Grimm explains female seed creation. Here’s one of his videos.

Hope it helps :facepunch:

4 Likes

Just silver nitrate.

1 Like

Hey, im trying Selfing first Time, but it didnt work!

Me and my College bought this product right here

ddd

did spray it on the joint of the stems. Where are the limbs come off the main trunk everyday for 2-3 weeks. But it didnt work.
And yeah this process is fairly new to us. We have been doing a lot of reading , but could always use the help or advice

6 Likes

from what i am understanding sts is more reliable. I haven’t done a fem run yet myself

2 Likes

(They are 20 Week flower Sativas!)

1 Like

Don’t want to hijack this thread, but I’m curious about how late you can spray a female plant and still get male flowers from it.

Let’s say I have 4 plants, but I have no idea which are female (if any). I don’t really have time or space to take cuttings and flower them to determine which are which. And the pre-flowers just aren’t showing. Can I just switch the 4 to flower and as soon as I see pistils spray that plant? Or is it too late at that point? Not looking to get more than a handful of seeds, so I wouldn’t need many male flowers, but also not sure if the other female(s) would already be too far along to produce viable seed.

Anyway, thanks for any info.

2 Likes

It would be an experiment IMO
Normally you want to spray the pollen donor 2weeks or so in advance of flipping the pollen receiver to get the best chance of pollination and proper seed development.

That being said,
If you’re ok with not having any usable bud to smoke then sure, spray them , pollinate whatever white pistils may be still be sprouting. Then, if they get pollinated successfully, let them go a few weeks longer than normal to give them the best chance to develop properly.

Also for what it’s worth, I’ve never sprayed but I have everything to make Sts so I’ve done plenty of reading.

1 Like

What did you end up doing?

After spraying it takes about 4 weeks before pollen drop. You could flip and wait to see pistills to flower and will still probably get seed with all but the shortest flowering strains.

1 Like

theres so many to follow, i have one that i used and was successful reversing a super skunk fem. it does work but also does take the time, also some strains may not produce anything or much at all, some strains take longer to reverse, always use fresh made sts. the spray mixed is good for a month, the two separate chemical water mixes last only around 4 months and gets weak, i read it last 6 months but not true, 5 at most, but ill look and post later today after i find it. im sure all the mixes work.

1 Like

i made my own col. silver spray, real easy to make, i tried using the col spray but for me it seems to stress the plants out, i use the sts and i will be going again soon. ill post recipe later

4 Likes

sorry i fell off the plant but here you go::

STS SPray

use as follows:
you will need these chemicals, i will include the chemical name as well as the sceince name.
silver nitrate ( AgNO3)
Sodium Thisoulfate (Na2S203) or Sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate (Na2S203-5H20)-

start by pouring two 500ml( 16.9 oz) of distilled wated in to a glass containers, jars ect.
but the two waters must be in glass.
next grab a scale and cover anything metal, use a paper to cover any metal
use a plastic spoon and messure out 1.7 grams of AgNO3 pour into first container and label A

next use a new paper and messure out 2.5 grams of Na2S2O3 or meassure 3.9 grams of Na25O203-5H2O
pour into second jar of water label B

Now use a different glass or plastic container anther 500ml (16.9 oz) of
water next step
start with mix B and messure out 20ML (1.69 oz) (3.38140228 tea spoons)
pour into big container of water

next use mix A messure out 5ML (
SILVER THISOLATE SPRAY

use as follows:
you will need these chemicals, i will include the chemical name as well as the sceince name.
silver nitrate ( AgNO3)

start by pouring two 500ml( 16.9 oz) of distilled wated in to a glass containers, jars ect.
use a plastic spoon and messure out 1.7 grams of AgNO3 pour into first container and label A

next use a new paper and messure out 2.5 grams of Na2S2O3 or meassure 3.9 grams of Na25O203-5H2O

water next step

next use mix A messure out 5ML (
SILVER THISOLATE SPRAY

use as follows:
silver nitrate ( AgNO3)

water next step

next use mix A messure out 5ML
SILVER THISOLATE SPRAY

use as follows:
silver nitrate ( AgNO3)

water next step

next use mix A messure out 5ML (0.33814023 table spoons) (1.01442068 tea spoons)
pour in to big container.
mix. use a plastic gallon and shake ect
pour in spray bottle add soap, 10 drops, i use dawn
shake before using, the soap helps the sts stay on the plant.

how to use, spray the stalk of the branch you want to reverse starting 5 days before flip.
spray branch, put plant in dark.
put plant back into veg.
in 5 days you will spray agin and the plant will go in to flower.
sppray at lights out every 5 days,
you will contuine to spray every 5 days, you will start seeing sacks, keep spraying untill you see them sacks get big

2 Likes

Hammerhead swears by his recipe. 0.5g silver, 2.5g sodium thiosulfate diluted 1:7

4 Likes

yes ive tried this one too, there is another i tried as well, they all work just differently

1 Like

im getting ready to try making some fem seeds with sts. should i flip the male a few days before the females? im just going to do an open pollination with the male in the same room

also does the spraying 5 days before flower, and every 5 days until pollen work well for everyone?

1 Like

This is what I use to make my feminized seeds and you have to spray the whole branch I find and it works great just slow the STS is supposed to be way faster a lot less work and less chance of Hermes

1 Like