Subcool TGA Chernobyl Preservation Run(CarterCreek imposter SCAM)

Same here man, can count the times I’ve been scammed online since the 90s with just my fingers. Never forget them either :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m very sorry to any OGer who got ripped off by that jerk, he got me too with that fake site and the old TGA packs

Being a huge Subcool fan I grabbed the Apollo 13BX from him or so I thought so he only got $50 from me I later disputed it with CashApp and reported his account but they did nothing sadly.

6 Likes

I think that I saw that… it was very suspiciuous by the low prices.
I tried to put in contact with cartercreekslim for confirming scam with email obtained from FB, but email could not be delivered. The FB account is what links to what I suppose is the real web.

Sorry to hear some people fall in that scam.

3 Likes

He just tried to follow me a few days ago, he’s clearly stalking people who follow the big breeders like Bodhi, CSI, Dynasty or others that I follow. Dude is persistent or has some good bots/scripts

2 Likes

Probably on high thread count Egyptian cotton sheets that we helped pay for.

Why does it seem that the bulk of these scammers I see are usually from Michigan?

I saw another guy recently over at ICMag claim to be the real life & infamous “Elite Genetics” who got busted years ago. He was just fishing for suckers to send payment for non-existent “new work” that he said was supposed to be “record breaking” high level THC strains. I saw his seed list and it screamed obvious scam to me… I tried to have a conversation about Elite’s old work like their Ultimate Moondawg (that I had grown myself) and he kept changing the subject… he wasn’t familiar with his old lines. He also wanted payment via Western Union or Bitcoin… yeah sounded very scammy.

4 Likes

Been buying every pack of Subcool/TGA I can find for the last 3 years. Bit of an obsession.

18 Likes

woww now thats a killer looking stash, collection.

impressed for-sure …

4 Likes

Got any Hurkle in that stash.

Be careful guys… a reverse image search shows that photo is 7 years old and was posted to Instagram in 2017. doesn’t really sound to me like its from a collector of the past 3 years.

Reminds me a lot of when the Carter Creek poser/scammer posted up a bunch of TGA packs and then fished for suckers.

If I’m wrong… I challenge the poster to use handwriting and write his Overgrow name and the current date on a piece of paper and set it on top of those big piles of TGA packs and post another photo. I’ll wait.

It usually starts with something like this…
Capture

43 Likes

Thank you for this kind sir.

12 Likes

Good call on that, where’s the @moderators . Probably the same dude….

10 Likes

Good job @MonsterDrank .

8 Likes

Damn fast work @moderators :clap::clap::clap:
And @MonsterDrank

9 Likes

You know damn well that’s not gonna happen :laughing:

8 Likes

He’s already banned

7 Likes

Good eye @MonsterDrank. It’s a helpful and important reminder to remember not to get too overexcited with the nostalgia of rare and collectible seeds. When something seems too good to be true it usually is. First impressions are important too. That members first post was basically a carrot on a stick to hobbyists interested in TGA collectibles. It’s angering to think others would purposely use another individuals passion as a way to try and run a scheme on them under false pretenses. Your kindhearted sleuthing to shine light on that sort of darkness is part of what makes this community great, thank you. Many blessings and much love

14 Likes

Yea that was a serious collection!!

Nice call Monster

6 Likes

I want my like back !!

7 Likes

Good catch!

3 Likes

Press the heart again to take back the like

2 Likes