Sunshine Daydream f1 open pollination

Sounds like a nice project, good luck! :seedling:

5 Likes

Woa that’s great to see a sort of OG collab to repro that one. Adds up quite a lot of plants in the pool.

Taking a sit, heard a lot about SSDD. Thanks for the trip!

7 Likes

Should be interesting. Im in.

2 Likes

@TeddyNuggets wow thanks for doing this as i have always wanted get this strain but never did, ill be watching and hanging out.

3 Likes

Ssdd is a great one!!

3 Likes

Sunshine daydream
Walking through the tall trees
Going where the wind goes
Blooming like a red rose
Breathing more freely
Light out singing
I’ll walk you in the morning sunshine
Sunshine daydream
Walk you in the sunshine

Great strain.

Will be following. Thanks for sharing.

22 Likes

Very exciting :beers:

4 Likes

I’ll definitely be following along here :sunglasses:!!!

8FCD6120-F12A-475D-A74B-9B93D758F9C9

:metal:t3:

6 Likes

Looking great so far!! Following along

4 Likes

Nice one getting this off the ground @TeddyNuggets . Great you didn’t rush into it :rofl: I’m glad you tossed the auto flower male, too. Never seen that before, and hope to never see it again, at least with this strain!

I just hit the keeper with some dust from @Knifeman 's BX2. Hoping to see more consistency in the pain relief department, and do a little crossing with your OP :slight_smile:

Pretty work, buddy!

10 Likes

Glad to see this moving along, looking great!

6 Likes

Should be the same numbers, yes.

7 Likes

Yeah it took longer than I originally planned but things are finally moving along! lol

Thanks again to the both of you for making this project possible! I am beyond excited to be working with this strain again!

@HorseBadorites let me know if you want me to collect any pollen for you from any/all the males.
So far it looks like @syzygy ’s male is the most vigorous and stinky. But 3 of the males from Tykal also look really nice. 2 in particular have caught my eye so far. Really like the growth structure and initial stem rubs.

I can even try to collect pollen from each strong male separate for you if you’d like. You can decide after you see more pics of them growing + flowering out.

13 Likes

I’ve got no experience with this strain so I will be quite content to sit over in the corner and watch this thing go! :crossed_fingers: And good luck!

5 Likes

I have some F2s that I got as a freebie from JBC I believe, could have been Headie… can’t remember.
Anyway, is it couch lock type, or water your garden and cut the grass type high? I have them on my “short list” to try out.

6 Likes

Nice! Tykal hooked it up!

It’s your call on how you want to proceed. If you want to do an open pollination, go for it! The more SSDD seeds around, the better IMO! Or if you want to do more selective breeding, then do that.

I do plan to do some selective breeding eventually too. I want to get the two open pollinations done first though.
I still have a whole 12 pack of sunshine daydream seeds to sprout. Hoping to get those going within the next few weeks.

I am more than willing to collaborate too. If you want cuts from the male and female I have that you don’t, I can send them to you. Were you able to get at least one each of all 12 (from Tykal) to root? Or do you need any of those?

9 Likes

Very cool, and thanks again for doing this. I’ve really enjoyed sorting through these plants and getting to know SSDD a little better.

I pop a lot of packs, and I’d say this pack ranks up there with the best of them. I believe there are no worse than 10 good/nice plants in the mix, perhaps 11, barring herms. The #4 girl seems to be the standout and the #6 boy gets frosty pretty quick. But, I’ve identified at least two other outstanding girls. Should I make fems? Is that blasphemous? :exploding_head::joy:

12 Likes

I think it probably depends on the pheno.

My old keeper cut wasn’t couchlock. But it was definitely a mellow, relaxing indica type high. It was amazing for my anxiety. It always gave me this feeling of peace and tranquility. It also tended to make me more talkative in social situations. And the taste was incredible! It was this buttery kush muffins type taste. So good!

The other females I grew out from those packs that I didn’t keep didn’t have the same type of high or taste/smell. I don’t really remember what the high was like anymore since I only ran the other females once (or twice for a couple of them). I just remember I didn’t like it as much as my keeper plant.

11 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’ll follow along to see what happens!

2 Likes

Very cool to see this grow happening.
One of my all time favorites.

Thank you @TeddyNuggets @Tykal @syzygy and @HorseBadorites

8 Likes