Sunshine Daydream f1 open pollination

So far, #4, #10 and #11 of the females are the ones standing out to me. Those are the 3 most vigorous growers.

#9 (female) seems slower growing and it doesn’t drink nearly as much as the more vigorous females.
My old keeper was a slow drinker like that, though. So, who knows! lol

The #5 male started flowering in veg. So I am not going to use that one.

11 Likes

I had a SSDD BX1 keeper from a pack I bought to help pay for a P Funk bass player’s funeral. @HolyAngel made and donated the beans. It’s kind of a crazy plant that kept existing due to its resilience, the same goes for my dream axis keeper, but it might be the most resilient plant I’ve ever grown. Clones of it will root in a cup of water easier than any plant I own. I’d wager it’d be the last plant standing in most gardens.

I bought a pack of SSDD in one of Shoe’s auctions, along with a bunch of other seed stuff, with intentions to go to work. Well, it just wasn’t happening and I kept popping other things. I saw @Tykal post and thought, I should probably get these if for nothing else to learn the plants before I pop my expensive pack.

What was going to be a quick preservation turned into elaborate stress testing of multiple planet in multiple environments. All I’ll say is, in my eyes, SSDD lives up to the hype.

Don’t want to hijack the thread, but here’s a pic o snapped last night of the bottom side of a leaf from a lower bud of my dream axis… She’s a frosty one. If you’d like a clone of her to get in the mix let me know. :v:

41 Likes

Nice! That’s a frosty leaf underside! I may take you up on that offer eventually. What is Dream Axis? I’m not familiar with that bodhi strain. I remember dream beaver and dream lotus.

I think I remember that shoe auction (if it’s the same one I’m thinking of). I thought about bidding but the price got too high for me. lol Glad a member of this community scored them!

9 Likes

Beautiful plants! You picked a great medical strain to make more seeds of. Exciting this is!

4 Likes

I have as many as 5 plants of each going :roll_eyes:

I agree, those are all nice girls. I gotta admit, I’m kinda relieved I can just do my own thing with this. I felt obligated to do an OP, but was wanting to be selective. Not I can just don whatever feel like.

I went two clones to a 1 gallon and then a variety of options for the duplicates.

!m

16 Likes

Always a hard choice whether to try and retain an open gene pool or follow personal preferences.

What’s your preference with seeds that are old or rare?

1 Like

Had a few SSDD packs, I think they went for 250-350 per iirc. Which as far as I’m concerned is a bargain now that I’ve seen what a pack looks like.

Let’s keep talking and maybe we can coordinate and piggyback on some things. I’m pretty strong in my belief that #4 is special. #6 might be a special boy. But, by my estimation there are only two questionable plants in unadulterated packs through veg and test flip. I’m really tempted to reverse #4 on the rest if the girls. I might let you flip and see whats what through most of flower and then let it rip with fems and a BX fem or two. I’m also halfway done with a SSDD auto, but don’t tell anyone :unamused::joy::crazy_face:

14 Likes

Awesome preservation project! I never did get to try out Bodhi’s original SSDD but always heard amazing things about it and her hybrids…can’t wait to see what comes from the open pollination.

Happy to be along for the ride! :sunglasses: Appreciate your efforts.

Alaskagrown

11 Likes

Have only read about SSDD, would love a chance to grow some.

3 Likes

I’m even more excited to pass out the seeds when they are done now that I am reading how many people haven’t got to grow this strain yet!

I am hoping to get a good amount of seeds too with how big most of the female plants are.

25 Likes

Very cool preservation. I’ve heard a lot about this cultivar. Glad to pull up a seat and watch your grow. Hope it’s nice and smooth.

3 Likes

Great preservation I’ll be hanging around for this one!

Sending good vibes ~~~~ your way :seedling:

:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Man, I hope you can do it. I’ve tried STS 3x times. Got great flowers, but no pollen or none that was fertile. @DJSF tried reversing the same cut 2x, and maybe a 3rd, with no luck. This cut can also be hard to clone.

It would be so nice for times when I really need a female, but don’t have the space to run multiple seeds, and wait and see. I don’t like keeping mothers :rofl:

Nice to see you involved in this, too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You know I’d say that I have no place to say because the only old and rare seeds that I have are Hawaiian heirlooms that have been gifted to me by old growers, my plan for them is to do open pollination until I find a very specific plant that I like and then I’ll have that selection and work that. I think with SSDD, personally, if I had the room to make a selection because someone else is doing an open pollination, I’d do that. It would be a great opportunity, to me, to have a selection of phenos and then the chance to broaden them again using separate genetic stock. That all rides on another OG’er successfully open pollinating though.

4 Likes

What auto did you get to use for the conversion ?
TBH I’m planning on using a berry leaning(if possible) Blue Microverse auto regs from Night Owl. I believe mine are at F6.

3 Likes

Huh, interesting…. I sprayed a dream Dream Axis branch a few times when I reversed SLH and original diesel, and it just threw more stigma on that branch… :joy::unamused:

Quite the project, awesome you were able to gather up such a great selection for it!
This seems to be one of peoples favorites by Bodhi both itself and in crosses, looking forward to watching the grow! Best of luck :raised_hands:

1 Like

I used a fast photo girl that was mango smile x LRUV (Ultraviolet /UWHP x Low Ryder #2) x blueberry crossed to silver sunshine then to SSDD :crazy_face: I was going to then BX, but not yet, I’ll see how it goes after worked for a couple gen

3 Likes

@TeddyNuggets Very Exciting! Looking great! :grinning:

2 Likes

You are gonna get a lot of followers to stare at the SunShine :sunglasses:
IMG_1378
:sunny: :deciduous_tree::eyes: :thought_balloon:

5 Likes