Sunshine Daydream f1 open pollination

Looking for people’s thoughts on the best way to do this open pollination. I do have another room I could stick the males in. So that opens up some options.

I want to get the best overall expression of the gene pool (not just the earliest male pollinating everything) and the most fully developed seeds.

First - I was thinking of giving the females a 10-14 day head start in flower.

I was also thinking that instead of bringing all the males into the flower room I could start flowering the males in the other room, then wait to bring them in with the females until they are all starting to dump pollen (that way hopefully every male’s pollen would be more equally distributed).

Or instead of starting them in flower in a separate room, I could wait to flower them until I bring them all into the flower room, then just cut the tops off any early males to slow them a bit from dumping pollen.

I could also collect + mix the male pollen then manually pollinate the females but it’s kind of a PITA collecting pollen and manually pollinating everything so I think I’d rather just let them naturally pollinate the females.

What are people’s thoughts?

Are there any best practices for this?
Most open pollinations I’ve done have been outdoor. Indoors I usually do more selective pollination.

15 Likes

I would keep the boys and girls separate. When the females are ready cut off a couple branches (3-4 is a southern couple) and make a bouquet, hold it over the girls with fans blasting and whack the branches several times and let that cloud do it’s job.

14 Likes

A cannabis Bukake!!! Please dont ban me!!! :laughing:

4 Likes

Snow White’s Cherry (Snow White [Black Domina x Afghan Kush x Buddha Tahoe OG] x Sunshine Daydream).

19 Likes

Is that CSI Snow White? or different Snow white?

1 Like

Diamondnugz Seed Co.

1 Like

You mean males, right?
And yes, sounds like the best idea.

1 Like

When the females are ready cut off male branches and shake them over the females.

3 Likes

Dream axis looks like one for the ages resin and possibly hash wise. She has some of the longest trichomes I’ve ever seen. Her buds are ugly and crazy dense and impossibly loaded with resin. Photos do her zero justice, at least so far. I believe a proper run in DWC will be magnificent.

A general update on my status… I just had a large tent become available thanks to some electrical issues and while bunch of nearly finished nearly dead plants :pensive:

So, let’s make some lemonade! There’s a lot I have that can take their place. 11 x SSDD Phenos being one of them. 20 x dragons blood HP being another, 10 x permanent market S1, 9 x Congo Blueberry, many other seedlings and teens, several different clone only… I thought I had some weeks to plan.

Any votes? Dream axis fems, SSDD Fems, should I select a girl or boy and hit a bunch of elites? Should I put SSDD on ice and jump into something else? I have a pack of dream axis that my neurodivergent ass needs to finalize a trade on :joy: That would be getting wet right now if I had traded for it.

6 Likes

This is what I would do.

Don’t even need to hand pollinate either. Could collect a pile of mixed pollen, get fan, open the tent, turn on the fan, and let the wind take care of it :joy:

6 Likes

Fun project @TeddyNuggets ! Wishing you the best on your pollination.

1 Like

That’s a good idea! I hadn’t thought of that.

The fan is a good idea too!

3 Likes

What elites do you have?

2 Likes

I’d love to see SSDD crossed with some super high-flying sativas. Separately, I have some Soul Axis I’d donate if there’s any interest in doing an open pol and sharing keepers.

6 Likes

Hit the elites is my vote

5 Likes

Somehow I missed this thread @TeddyNuggets. I’ll be hanging out in the back - this is gonna be fun! Best of luck to you with this undertaking! :green_heart:

3 Likes

I know of one other person who has fresh stock of SSDD f2. Nothing wrong with having another. But in light of this, I also vote for elite crosses!

2 Likes

@TeddyNuggets freshly updated

Illudium was going to get hit for sure… Just need to add some more

2 Likes

Hmmm, if I don’t get the deal done on that pack of dream axis I may hit you up. Maybe I’ll do both🤔 Kind of you to offer!

Dream Axis x SLH Franco was happening, I’ve got CBH and some other saty leaners but nothing racy. Papaya x SSDD wouldn’t suck…

@TeddyNuggets and others, would you guys prefer I do my SSDD thing in another thread and keep things less cluttered, or better to compile? I’m going back and forth, but I feel like I’ve highjacked this thread a bit… Sorry about that!

1 Like

It really doesn’t matter to me either way. Whatever everyone else thinks would be the easiest and/or least confusing is fine by me.

4 Likes