Switch my light to 10/14 because of temp issues only been 3days can I switch back to 12/12

Because of the temperature issues I was havin I cut my light down to 10/14 on been 3 days an some of my bud have started goin brown hairs can I switch back to 12/12 or isit best to just leave now? Thanks??

2 Likes

Did you pollenate them?

:green_heart: :seedling:

I don’t see any problem. As long as you don’t go beyond where they were before, 12/12, it shouldn’t miss a beat.

If you were to go from 12/12 to 14/10 for 3 days, and added light, you may experience a stress indicator, like a male flower, but even that 3 days of 2 extra hours of light may or may not cause a problem. If all else is tight and comfy, they may be fine. Prolonged light would give you a problem. Unstable genetics may be more sensitive to stressors, too.

One way to find out! I think you’re fine.

3 Likes

I don’t think the pistils browned because you changed the light schedule to 10/14. I’ve run all my bloomers on 10/14 for several years.

DJ Short thinks at 11/13, it produces more phenotypes, I didn’t see that, but I’m not that observant, lol! Tried 10/14 and saw negligible difference in yield or potency, but did see less heat in summer, longer bulb and ballast life, and a bit lower on power bills.

Long way of saying, I’d just leave it at 10/14 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How far into flower are you?