Tejas’s Microscope Tek

I recently purchased a wireless microscope so that I could take close ups of my current grow. What was frustrating me was not having something to attach the cradle and clamp to as the magnification increases, it is nearly impossible to hold the scope steady. So I looked at my adjustable tripod camera stand a had a “ah ha” moment. With $5 in parts I was able to retrofit my stand to work with the scope holder.

Edit: This will allow you to photograph your buds without removing them.

The camera and tripod stand purchased from amazon. Scope was approximately $36 and the camera tripod $16. The tripod was a neat little blue tooth remote.

Here is the microscope stand and tripod

This is the piece that will be modified. The screw holds the cradle for the cellphone or camera.

This is the hardware that I picked up at my local Ace hardware. The 8/32 screw is 3/4” long, the nylon bushing is 1/2”.

The inside diameter of the nylon bushing is slightly smaller than the #8 screw, so I used a 5/32” drill bit to enlarge the hole. I used a screwdriver to thread the screw through the bushing, almost works like another nut to keep the assembly tight. Next I cut the bushing to 5/16”, to leave room for a washer and the brass ball.

Screw the brass ball on and tighten. Attach the scope cradle and you are ready to go. I found after tightening the wing nut, the wing nut tightens the clamp holding the scope holder and base, was just a hair loose. I corrected that with a piece of masking tape.

This took me 15 minutes to do and I hope you find this useful as I have. :v:

40 Likes

Excellent Refit! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

I’ve got a similar one but wired. Your modification would definitely be handy for the awkward closeups!

WOW!!! what a great idea :slight_smile: thanks for sharing it

all the best my friend nice photos

make seeds and share them

Dequilo

1 Like

I have the wired one and did something similar. I was using a zip tie, but it was not too sturdy. Changed to a rubber band and have been using it for about 4 months, no issues. Got the tripod at the thrift store for $5.

5 Likes

Smart move using the entire base on the stand!

2 Likes

Oh snap, dude. This is the first time I’m seeing this thread.

Definitely biting this idea. Good looking out @Tejas

2 Likes

Sure makes it a lot easier to take pictures. :grin:

4 Likes