Template for asking for help

Hey amigos! I was reading another thread from someone asking for help, and I noticed a common mistake made by new growers asking for help online. It is hard for growers to help without knowing some basic information about your grow. So, I figured we should make a template that can be used for new growers when posting a thread asking for help. (if there isn’t one already) for the sake of getting everyone involved, I will only list one variable so others can contribute.

my suggestion for the first variable is;

What is your plants medium?
Are you feeding? If so what and how much?
What is the temp and humidity range?
What light are you using and how close is it?
Do you have any pictures?
Have you inspected the plant for bugs?

11 Likes

Good idea.

Secondly,
What type of lighting?

2 Likes

Keep this thread. Its a great idea for noobs!

What’s with the animosity guys? This is a good idea for a thread and is something the community would benefit from greatly.

Let’s see if we can turn this thread around before canning it… No need for attacks or belittling someone for having a different perspective or opinion, and let’s keep things relevant.

I’m closing the topic until @LemonadeJoe can take a look and decide what to do with it
Stay hazed
Jake

3 Likes

That is good idea for thread I think, let’s gather our own DIY list :slight_smile: that suits OG needs best… So we can link to this topic when there is some newbie requesting help but missing needed facts…

Do you measure temperature and humidity in your grow room?

1 Like

A picture of the whole plant as well as a close up of the particular problem.

3 Likes

Great idea!
Temp and humidity would be useful

We should be able to update the OPs topic with the other things they need to post.

1 Like

:thumbsup: First post is wikified now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

also please take pictures under natural/normal lighting, it’s hard to diagnose under blurple or yellow hps (can use your camera flash or color correcting glasses as a lense for your camera)

4 Likes

Maybe a section where grower with the problem can explain what they have done, are already doing and what has or hasn’t helped.

600w
12/16
Nattys dirt…

…I already tried, blah and blah and blah, but blah wasn’t working…

Something to that effect. If only the keyboard were a pencil.

Fantastic idea.

4 Likes

Covering what should be the basics:
Have they even looked at grow FAQS
What strain if known
Soil medium or hydro
pH of medium
NPK test of Soil medium
Age of plant
What nutrients are being added?
How much nutrients added
How much water/ water pH
Indoor/outdoor
Type of lighting and length of time lightning on cycle
Bugs present
A picture posted of the plant/problem
What has been done in terms of self help

3 Likes

These are all really great ideas, and plan on utilizing all of them the best i can. Ty all so far.

2 Likes