Tens machine(Dr. Ho's)

I am wondering if anyone here uses one of these machine’s? Dr. Ho’s is quite pricey but I’m seeing some cheaper units on Amazon with excellent reviews, it’s mostly for my neck and shoulders, I work in a heavy truck shop and do alot of suspension work in a pit so I am lifting heavy leaf springs over my head daily I suspect this is why my neck and shoulders is sore and some tension quite often which is a big part of the reason I consume cannabis daily (plus it’s just enjoyable :grin:) just looking to here what people think.

7 Likes

My chiro uses one on me. They make a big difference. I got a small unit for home. Wife helps me with it. Not as good as his unit but helps some when she massages my shoulders.

5 Likes

I hear ya dude, i served my apprenticeship in an HGV workshop, did my back in a few times. I borrowed a tens machine once but it didn’t seem to do much good. If it’s strained muscles a good rub will probably do more good and if it’s nerve related i doubt a tems machine would be any good at all. I had a quack stick pins in my back once, he attached wires from a type of tens machine and pulsed a current through them. It was interesting, felt like a woman’s hair brushing my back :laughing: helped at first but i was sore again by the time i got home.

5 Likes

I own one and yes they work really well

4 Likes

I have on that your step on , you can use pads for areas like the neck should and back I like it probably should use it more than I do I can only operate it in like 3 max and it goes to level 5 it’s a pretty good jolt!

4 Likes

If you watch ebay for a Medcolator, that is a lot better than any Tens unit I’ve ever tried. Chiropractors use them. I found a couple of them on there for around $100 each.

6 Likes

Truthfully only thing I ever knew about tens machines was the ridiculous ones used for bdsm…forgot they had actual medical use too :rofl:

12 Likes

Normally it doesn’t do much for me, but when my back locks up and is spasming it helps alot. Yoga is huge, I would have laughed at the suggestion a year ago but shit is crazy. I have pretty much 0 back pain when I’m doing it regularly.

5 Likes

I’m glad you’ve mention yoga @beacher I’ve heard this many times and want to try it out and keep forgetting! Now that it’s on my mind I’m gonna do some research.

5 Likes

Try yoga with Adrienne on youtube. She has a thing called 30 days of yoga that starts easy and works up every day. By the end you’ll know what you like and don’t…she’s kind of a babe too haha

4 Likes

Nice! I’m gonna check it out thanks! I gotta start doing something before it gets worst. Seems doctors these days only want to give pills as a solution I refuse many better ways in my opinion.

4 Likes

If you’re looking for health benefits (relaxation, passive muscle stimulation) a 10s unit will help. If you are looking for freaky electro-torture, Violet Wand is a more versatile tool.

6 Likes

Indeed, lol i haven’t heard about the wands in forever either. Damn my life has gotten boring in all the wrong ways

5 Likes

Most of my back and knee pain comes from being on my feet 10 plus hours on a regular basis at work, and this 105lb spinner I’ve been dating :rofl::rofl:

That said I am a huge advocate of the good old Epsom salt soak in as hot of water you can stand. Helps with loosening up and rebuilding sore muscles, and subjectively at least, I’d say it helps in other departments too!

5 Likes

Covid has had a serious dampening effect on the public kink scene. At least in Portland. In private we still do WIIWD.

6 Likes

It has hurt it on the east coast too. Except for a few close friends. :wink:

4 Likes

My last one got stolen by a hotel maid. They work great for me and nerve pain. Do yourself a favor and make sure it’s turned all the way down before you flick that on switch trust me! Mine got put on 10 and I didn’t notice it, hooked up the leads to my lower back and turned it on. Omfg! The jolt made me jerk so hard I dropped the box and the muscle spasms had me to where I couldn’t get the thing to turn it off. My wife and kids stood there laughing their collective asses off at me until I could manage to knock one of the leads off flopping in the floor.

7 Likes

The description of that is funny as shit. I have mine cranked up. Guess I am use to pain, been married a few times…lol

5 Likes

I usually ran mine about 3/4 just a shock literally and figuratively when it hits you wide open lol

2 Likes

I wonder if my old Cattle Prod will be good after looking at the info for that medcolator.

3 Likes