Testing some autos outside

Im far up north. So far you cant plant photoperiod plants outside. So im stuck with trying autos outside. Here i have a fraggle skunk, and a white yoda by philosopher seeds. They were bred in europe so they are more ready for their weather conditions. We get wind. A lot of wind. And strong wind at that. Im hoping i can pull this offXD so i have these guys potted up and it costed me about 20 bucks for everything including seeds. I used promix and perlite😂 amended with kelp, neem, malted barley, glacial rock dust, crab meal, oyster shell, gypsum, and some worms. Cover crop is red clover and fenugreek. Mulch is timothy hay and fresh alfalfa. Gonna be feeding natural farming inputs. Oh… and this is out at my work siteXD fraggle skunk

white yodagot them in the shade and will slowly introduce them to full sun. First time ever having cannabis outside. Im expecting animals or wind to take itXD

8 Likes

Hi lotus 710,

Looks interesting, got my front row seat :wink:

Outdoors its a good idea to surround the plant with a cage of chicken mesh to prevent wild animals (rabbits) etc from eating the young plants, if you build a small wire mesh cage around the plant and dig it into the ground a little bit supported with some old branches or canes it helps protect them from the pesky wabbits and also a little from wind once they start to put some size on.

5 Likes

Good idea. I just got some chicken wire from my dad. Gonna rig that up forsure.

3 Likes

How long are they supposed to go for? Super nice to see them out and growing. And what a mix for soil, impressive.

3 Likes

Its the mix i use for everything. But if i were to do it proper it would be top quality vermi compost amended with the above ingredients mixed with peat moss and lava rock. I didnt have any vermi compost… the most important part. So this will suffer for that. But i have worms in there making vermicompost as we speak :wink:

3 Likes

What @MadTruka said. If you’ve never grown outside, get ready to adjust your attitude towards nature… Everything eats cannabis. I’ve had birds rip 12 inch plants out by their roots just to get to the worms in the moist dirt underneath…

Those babies look like a slug’s feast right now. Cut the top and bottom out of a plastic bottle and fence those youngin’s off.

-b420

3 Likes

How do you rate this then @lotus710?

INGREDIENTS
Peat Moss, Composted Forest Material, Perlite, Coco Fiber, Pumice, Worm Castings, Bat Guano, Soybean Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Kelp Meal. And i can add red lava rocks too… Would this be something you use?

1 Like

Fuck noXD if its in a bag and says composted forest material, aged bark fines, etc. Stay away. They fill their shit up with fillers from the horrible deforestation thats going on around the world. Just go get a bale of peat moss. A few bags of lava rocks and some good thermal or vermi compost. Itll cost you like 50 bucks or something. Some youll have like 20cuft of soil thatll be much much better then roots. Especially if you made the thermal compost yourself then ran it through a worm bin!

2 Likes

Thanks dude. Im expecting these to get eatin. Ive thrown several carrots around to keep the rabbits away. Im gonna feed my dog some chicken and pig then get her to take a poop around so them damn vegans stay away;)

1 Like

Thanks Lotus, you are very nice, i’m gonna try to use lava rocks in it and also organic teas, i got the recipes from you, just wondering now, what infusions to use for veg and which one for flower… Need to read more. Thanks again.

1 Like

Personally. I dont do veg and flower. Well not really. Ill add a little extra ffj in flower. Horsetail ferments are basicly flower only and need 1/4 strength of any other fpj. Master chos korean natural farming handbook is the place to start. One straw revolution by masanobu fukuoka will make you never use chemicals or really any farming techniques of today. All the teaming with… books by jeff lowenfels are top notch. Basicly. Stay away from cannabis growing books. Jorge cervantes, ed rosenthal, all of em. Go to the pros.

2 Likes

I always thought Ed Rosenthal was a photographer and writer, not an actual grower himself. He just writes about other peoples grows and their info, and takes good photo’s.

I’m 99% certain of that, he may have grown something himself but I would never class Ed as a grower, a tryer may be but not a grower. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi lotus710

Try hooking some wires up to a car battery like an electric cattle fence, that should keep the pesky wabbits off, slug pellets for the slimey ones, and as Baudelaire has suggested a 5 litre bottle with top and bottom cut off pushed into the ground a bit just while they get going.

Or you could take some psychedelics and sit up all night each and every night in a hide close by with a 12 bore shotgun. Wabbit stew is nice.

3 Likes

I like the second idea. But instead ill try to friend the animals and ask them not to eat my plants😂

I have to laugh trippin with bunnies :joy:

3 Likes

I do hhave coyotes around just incase the rabbits get outta hand;) but if they trippin they be chill too

You have to be carefull, them wabbits get big after eating good genetic canabis, they start out looking like this;

And after stealing your plants if you go near them they turn into this;

3 Likes

Holy fuck look at the size of those rabbitsXD

they will eat a big sativa or a big indica hehehe, then start trippin and turn yellow and eat the coyotes, better use electric fence :joy:

1 Like

I just have to disagree with Ed Rosenthal not being a grower. All the shit he has done, and the amount of time he has spent doing it, that just seems a bit hateful. I learned a lot from his books and Ask Ed when i was young.