Testing some autos outside

No its not hatefull at all I think you missunderstand me.

To me Grower as described is some one like a farmer who grows for a living and Eds a writer / photographer and a good one at that. I have a book by him too and learned from it.

What I was trying to say was he writes a lot about other peoples grows and uses photos of their plants. Thats all, sorry if I sounded disrespectfull as he has done a lot for the industry and teaching through his writings.

3 Likes

Yeah ed isnt a grower. Just a writer. Sure he has some good tips. Buuuut he also tells you to use bottled nutrients and to put your seeds on papertowelsXD

May be I spent too long living in Holland where a grower is a farmer who makes his living from growing crops. A breeder is someone who makes his living from breeding his stock to sell seeds.
A hobbyist is a keen gardener.
A writer makes his money from writing books or articles for papers and magazines, a photographer makes money from selling his photos :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you on this one @MadTruka, everybody claims one thing and in the end nobody really knows who did whatā€¦!?

1 Like

I got to work just now after having thursday off to see that the babies survived a day without me. Gotta give em a good neem oil spray down tomorrow before i have the weekend off. They lookin a bit sad but i expected that since they just got moved from a little room to the great outdoors. One year ill grow a big photoperiod outside just for the leaves, stalks and roots. Make some fermentsā€¦ that reminds me i gotta strain some ferments. Im gonna be using ferments i collected and fermented at work for nutrients.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna do my first FPJ this weekend, gonna try it using spinach. Has to work rightā€¦ Also wanted to do a little LAB. Have a couple of lemon trees that could use it on the outside of the property, wonā€™t go to waste, but i need to practice before doing anything serious. Iā€™ll post pics on the Korean THread if thatā€™s ok with you @lotus710, i mean goes along with the subject of the threadā€¦ LOL

1 Like

Why is this so important. You are using terminology to seperate out people who arenā€™t deserving of your title. The only reason to do that is to make one group look better and another unworthy. It seems pointless and useless to me. All it does is cause division and inflate egoā€™s.

You can make a fpj with anything:) and certainly. Id love to see others doing this.

1 Like

Weā€™ll you;re gonna see me, Iā€™m ā€œotherā€ after allā€¦

1 Like

Do you put any water in the mix, iā€™ve seen people that do and people that donā€™t, how about you?

1 Like

The people that do that arnt doing knf. Knf is without water.

2 Likes

Thanks @lotus710 will follow your advice and not put any water next timeā€¦

1 Like

I

Iā€™d have to say Ed has more or less done it all at one time or another. Certainly, heā€™s a formidable writer and photographer. But that career was built on his experiences as a grower and breeder. In the late 90s he offered a full menu of indoor and outdoor varieties, several of which preserved and advanced some classics of early Californian cannaculture, such as Ortega Indica and J1, sold through Legends Seeds.

Later, he became the first US grower to get an official license from a local government (city of Oakland, CA) to grow cannabis for the cityā€™s dispensaries. That led to his arrest, trial and incarceration by US Attorney Haag, which successfully argued that Rosenthal could not even mention his official licensee status with Oakland in his defense - a fact that several jurors said would have led them to acquit.

His prosecution was instrumental in the Obama admin releasing the Holder memo, which basically ordered the US attorneys to stand down from prosecuting folks who were otherwise obeying state laws. It remains the legal umbrella under which all the legal states operate to this day. Thanks Ed.

Edā€™s done a lot more than write a column and take pictures of buds, although he does those things very well. And I can attest from personal experience, he grows the dankest of the dankā€¦:+1:

-b420

2 Likes

Hi @Baudelaire,

Some great historical info there, I think where I have been missunderstood is due to different people speaking / commenting /posting of things in context to different times, as in the past and the present. Heres to the future :wink:

I am certainly not trying to suggest Ed has not done a lot for the cause, the industry etc. Unfortuneatley for me I have never had the chance of meeting him personally which is a shame, only reading some of his books and articles in magazines etc along with books written by Jorge Cervantes and Jack Herer and more with out writing my reading lists.

Some of the european breeders without going into names etc I have had the opportunity of meeting and they have a different stance on the matter, but I beleive with out taking into context the matter of time, they all have a different perspective. I feel thats a shame as they all have a common goal they share.

My self personally am not into taking sides, arguing who did what and when, or created what and crossed what to end up at where we are today, there are topics within topics etc. Some times I get drawn in with out realising, I appologise for that.

I think where people have confused my comments is because I was speaking of the present day, and took a comment literally and by that myself probably missunderstood a quote or question I have replied to, by stating what I beleive his job is/was that of an author/photographer. As I meant in my mind a grower is some one making his living from growing bla bla bla etc weather it be corn, rice, potaotes or cannabis.

In no way was I trying to detract anything from what Ed has done. But as many users as there are on the many forums world wide, I think its only a small percentage that I would class as growers in a litteral commercial sense, even though that is what we all have in common and I may stand to be corrected happily. But I think the majority of us GROWERS / HOBBYISTS / gardeners / self sufficient farmers dont earn our living and pay our bills from growing or producing marijuana / cannabis.

As you say he had a licence but still was arrested and prosocuted. :sob:

It is such a grey area and also very confusing to people including myself, both states side inc Canada and on the European continent. As I understand it (I might be wrong, and love to learn) it is legal under certain state law, but still illegal under federal law in the USA, which us europeans have a hard time getting our heads around, or at least I do any way.

One of my neighbours next door but 1 emmigrated to Canada, Saskatchewan to be precise, he tried expalining the hassle he has with it the laws change from state to state, as he had to drive trucks only going to the USA from Canada and not permitted to work deliver domestically with in the canadian borders for the first 2 years then they got residency. (cabbatage) we called it In europe before they changed the laws permitting a foreign truck to collect and deliver a domestic load with in a foreign country EU european politics.

In europe most certainly the UK for example most people think it is legal to both grow, possess, and smoke in Holland, which at the current time of writing it isnā€™t, it is decriminalised, and very illegal to grow if using lights. Depending which county/state/area you are in also depends on the stance the Law enforcement will take with you if you have plants outdoors for personal use in your garden in Holland to date.

Recently in Holland they have been closing not just coffee shops, but also grow shops any where near the borders in an attempt to stop cannabis tourism, I have had 2 freinds loose thier businessā€™s and lively hood due to that change of stance from the Dutch authorities, 1 coffee shop owner and 1 grow shop owner, they had to make several people redundant also :astonished:. Years ago you could legally breed seeds in Holland but not at the moment, there is talk of the goverment looking into changing that and the laws on growing, but I dont always beleive what I see during election campaigns.

Switzerland was another country that had very differeing opinions depending on which part area/county/state you are in at the time. So confusing in fact that if there was an election for the mayor whilst you were in mid flight of outdoor grows in Switzerland (which obviously take longer) you could start off been on the right side of the law, then find out a new mayor has been elected and WHAM your now on the wrong side of the law and sat in a prison cell.

I have had my fair share of run ins with the law becuase of growing/producing in a few different european countries and to say its a headache is an under statement.

Keeping an eye on Spain at the moment becuase they are seemingly more tolerant.

May be there should be more books wrote, films or factual documentaries made about this, because I beleive it is only through education and scientific research (always under license) that we can make progressive head way. There is a lot more to cannabis plant than meets the eye, and in most eyes of non users they just consider it a drug, and users of said drugs addicts or junkies.

I have given up responding to non users trying to explain if they have a glass of wine or other alcoholic beverage at the weekend are they alcoholics, addicts etc This could also be compared with anti depressants, and anti inflamatory drugs etc

Its a shame the title for the movie ā€œFifty shades of greyā€ has all ready been taken lol

So to that end, I raise a glass of red wine and light up a joint and say Cheers / Proost and Thanks to Ed for all the hard work you have done, wether it be growing, breeding, writing or taking photos, and many many thanks and respect for getting your writings published.

I hope one day that the law makers world wide change their stance and I can possibly get my convictions over turned or quashed, as they have recently done in the UK for people who were convicted for been homosexual in long past convictions, then I may be able to visit places like the USA and Canada, but until then I am classed as a criminal with drug convictions :sob:

Peace and good will to you Baudelaire, and thank you for your post, it was enlightening and an informative enjoyable read. :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Wink, wink, nudge nudge, to all those authors out there;

Fifty shades of green.

Fifty shades of green indeed. All I can say about the US laws is that they are evolving quickly. In this regard, itā€™s probably easier to think about the US as more of a confederation of states like Europe, each with its own local laws, but typically bound within a range by national law (like European Parliament). Only in this instance, state laws are claiming authority that challenges the boundaries set by national law, so there is a conflict, but the national government has decided not to fight it, and not to endorse it either. Hard to wrap my head around it too.

We are a long way from autos outdoors. So @lotus710 howā€™s the slug munch coming?

-b420

3 Likes

Dude. I havnt been here since friday. I did a good watering and ipm friday before i left work. Today they are super happy. No slugs. No bugs. Well a few ants but thats nothin. No yellowing, no stress at all!

fraggle skunkwhite yoda

If you use copper tape around your pots the slugs and snails canā€™t cross it to get to the plant.

1 Like

Woah. Really, thanks dude. i got copper wire from wire wrapping think i could put a ring of that around the box?

2 Likes