Testing your male plants

How do you choose to test your males ? Topping, defoliation , or what is it you do ? Do you treat you inbred different from out ? I myself treat male like the females to test them out

2 Likes

I have some visual pre-reqs and I’ll flower it out, but I’ve found the easiest way to see what it passes along is to cross it to a few clonlies, pretty easy to see what it brings to things you’ve grown a few billion times first :smiley:

3 Likes

Lol I don’t trust my self enuff yet to out breed / cross breed. I’m going to do inbreeding. I’ve debated in my own head about cloning like you where saying. In order to keep same male around to breed into it later. Also saving as much pollen as possible.

2 Likes

Well, if you take all the technical jargon out…you’re just getting some biological beings to do what we do…bumping uglies and overpopulating/overgrowing the world! (See how I snuck that OG shout out in there!)

2 Likes

Nicely put lol yeah I been making see to have the mind set of it’s like human breeding. Sounds off tho talking about plant inbreeding, then relating it to humans

Well yeah we’re from the north! Jokes aside, like anything in life it is all pretty dependent on the goal…a million ways to skin a cat, scientifically and passed on experience are pretty good guides. Out of curiosity what are you wanting to achieve? I’m all curious and stuff now :smiley:

1 Like

Do to my age an all the out breeding aka cross breeding. i missed out on a lot of the originals so to say. I’m wanting to get some strains back to the basics so to say. Maui wui is one I’ve debeated on inbreeding to insure it’s a truly sativa. Landraces are are to come by. Like Durban is on I also plan to in breed. To me it’s a standard sativa. But most place you can get seeds have messed with it to a point. Like 10 percent isn’t Sativa. What got me to want to do this, is I made a seed order an looked at parents of them. An what I found is I have a thing for Hindu Kush , Durban , Malawi. So after seeing that it got me wondering what if. Like the list of Indica seeds I made all when right to Hindu Kush. Not everything I picked was kus. So I’m wanting to find the parents an ibl them to have as a staple in my garden. Sorry so long worded

1 Like