Texas heat what can I do?

You could also wrap the pots with couple layers of cardboard too… :thinking:

2 Likes

I have bunch laying around

Thanks… I wrapped a towel around it one pot them out it inside another… later that even it was still hot to the touch

If you are prohibited from digging holes for your containers… white styrofoam type wrapping sheets wrapped around your containers will help insulate from and reflect the radiant heat of the burning sun. Wrap them to about 1 inch thickness.
Good luck!

2 Likes

That’s great did not this of styrofoam… great insulator… thanks looking for some now

2 Likes

Indoor texas grow. Letting tbem get some fresh air, and enjoy the breese this morning.

5 Likes

Looks great what size are you pots

1 Like

Cannabis can grow just fine in Texas. Dry hot west Texas or wet hot Brownsville.

Mulch, shade cloth if you can for the hottest days, plenty of water. Cannabis is tough and will grow just about anywhere. Use the absolute biggest pots you can, larger mass stays cool longer. Keep sun off the pots or paint them white. A hole really is better than pots when it’s 105 outside. Ground always stays cooler, 3ft down it’s 65 degrees.

7 Likes

Ok cool bigger pots paint them white… :+1:t5:

1 Like

5 gallon and 3 gallon

1 Like

I feel your pain brother. 104 in the Hill Country today!

Blessings…
:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Boy I know it it was up around that here in big d today too

3 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

:rofl: seriously tho

1 Like

It’s already been said but mulch, mulch, and more mulch shade cloths was a great mention also ! Water deeply also!

2 Likes

Excellent advice here Iv actually covered my black fabric pots top to bottom with tight fitting cardboard also.

2 Likes

What part you in, I’m east in forney

3 Likes

I’ll be in Liberty Hill in sunday for about 3 weeks with work. Leaving the wife to care for my babies. She’s been shadowing me the last week to get the routine down lol

3 Likes

I’m up in the denton area

4 Likes

If you draw a line northwest across dallas all the way to 35w there I am lol. I’m closer to ft worth than dallas

4 Likes