BjFool's Garden

My new plant plan on growing in dr earth/bone meal/garden lime during veg

I have her in garden lime and organic soul right now 1 gallon pot… thoughts/suggestions

6 Likes

check @ your local farm and ranch store check into hi yield products like bone meal blood meal i bet it will cost less than dr earth products. they should have dolomite lime @ the farm and ranch store also peace.

4 Likes

So are you say I can just use bonemeal blood meal and garden lime through the whole grow?

Starting my seeds today… what extra do you put in your organic soil?

Something simple but effective :bulb:

1 Like

I’m sure it would grow just but if you want bigger better buds your going to need to feed them more. Especially once you hit the flowering stage.

Also I haven’t used blood or bone meal in a very long time but I’m pretty sure it works best if you let it cook of a bit.

1 Like

no this what i would do after you have choosen plots in the ground break up ground good test ph then adjust add bone meal and blood meal then add cow manure then add potting soil with sand mix all up let age a while if you got some old age forest compost add it to to get microbes. going strong. look up tree dawg outdoors fence it works great to keep varmits away from plant they like the smell of bone and blood meal. add azomite for trace minerals kelp would be good to add cover soil with native compost.when plots get some age on them you will stop growing bushes and start growing trees. i use bloom bat guano during flower. all i told you i learn by my self .if any question please ask will be willing to share what i know peace

2 Likes

Starting my seeds today… what extra do you put in your organic soil?

Something simple but effective

1 Like

First we need to know what exactly you are calling organic soil. It could be coco, peat or some other medium. Also it might already have nutrients added to it. If so are they time release?

There is no one simple thing to add that will cover all the bases and plants need different nutrients depending on the stage of growth.

Just need more info before we can steer you in the right direction :ok_hand:

3 Likes

It just cheap organic Walmart brand soil… it’s a peat/coco mix with compost… with no perlite

1 Like

Well that would be a good place to start, add some perlite. Cannabis likes a well aerated soil. I would add 1 part perlite to two parts of that soil. That and some Alaskan Fish fertilizer should get you through the veg cycle.

6 Likes

What ReikoX said,espeially about aeration. Maybe some worm castings along with the perlite, and some bone meal, and good compost is always welcome.

5 Likes

This is all I use along with cal mag and great results.

1 Like

OK, there’s a couple soil camps (and we are all friendly) here. You need to research and decide what ‘feels right’. Everybody has ‘their own thing’…

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Great thread! I’m definitely following along I’m almost 5 weeks into flowering of my 1st indoor grow and I’m not using crap soil for number 2 so i look forward to all the recommendations.

1 Like

Growing in the south it’s hot

When should I remove my seedling from the window seal and put the :baby: outside?

2 Likes

Tomorrow. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Okay, that’s not helpful haha. How old is your little one? They get stronger once they hit the first set of 3 leafs. I’m assuming because it’s hot and down South you will need to be careful and harden off because the sun is intense.

3 Likes

I’d wait until the main stem has toughened up a little.
The first lot I ever grew outside, the slugs killed them all, didn’t eat them but had one bite on the stem, which was enough to fell the plants.
After that I always wanted till it had barked up a bit and never had slug problems again.
Rabbits were a different matter

4 Likes

in my opinion if you want to grow outside you should have started them outside now you have to harden them off slowly to get use to the harsh southern sun and humidity…

3 Likes

Yes my plant reached about ground May 7 it’s a photoperiod … it has 3 sets of leaves(2sets of true leaves).

Question… what is hardening off?

3 Likes