Texas heat what can I do?

What can I do to keep my plant cool or not so how in the outside sun???

3 Likes

Man I cant even imagine…I’m having issues in texas with indoor…

6 Likes

You could throw up some shade cloth to help a bit. Even the 20% would help some. I plan to try some heat resistant strains next year. It is always a good start to go with genetics that are proven to help.

11 Likes

Best thing to do is mulch, deep watering in the AM (pm as well) and if feasible a shade cloth.

Good luck!

11 Likes

I think if I actually watered twice a day, it may be too much for my plants. I always give mine a few days between.

5 Likes

Idk about watering that much… I water ever 3rd day and my soil will still be moist when I do :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

I think it would be too much for mine as well… it does dry as much

2 Likes

Even indoor you are having problems… :pensive:how long you been at it??? This is my first year attempting

2 Likes

I feel for you!

Here…Chilly 102f inside. :joy:

7 Likes

This is my second grow. I harvested a few weeks ago and I started these two. It’s just been really hot. I’ve had some slime on my roots and I keep hitting it with h2o2 and water. But yeah it has been a little rough. They are doing okay and so far I’ve been able to manage the slime but cant say I’m not a bit worried. I mean we have a good solid two more months of these temperatures here

3 Likes

Man I’m just hoping my first grow don’t get ruined like this

2 Likes

That’s crazy man global warming :hugs:

1 Like

As long as you water when needed, it should just stall growth out. It can stress them for a bit, but they should pull through. Cannabis has grown in some very hot places.

2 Likes

🤷 it hits upper 90s here in Denver regularly and I usually need to water 2x a day by this time of year, perhaps I’m in the minority.

I still stick by mulch and shade :+1:

4 Likes

The thing to do in extreme heat/dry is dig a hole…use lots of aeration in the mix that will allow you to water everyday and mulch…woodchips worked like a charm
I grew super healthy plants in the shasta summer that is like hell more or less…average 110 all the summer…not full sun doh…about 7 hours of direct and the rest shaded by sorrounding oaks…
I got lucky, but there is the risk that some genetic will not like all that heat in the late flowring if it doesent chill a bit during september as far as bud density and stress that overall slow the things down…
Good luck!! :zap:

2 Likes

Gardener trick here, toss some hay or straw on any bare soil you have near the base to retain moisture and keep anything crawling protected.

3 Likes

As far a digging hole… that’s out of the question fiancé not going for that… I’m going to try the pot inside of another pot and see if that can keep my roots cooler

1 Like

I have grass clippings as mulch it holds the moisture pretty well… my concerns the sun baking my roots

4 Likes

maybe something to circulate some rain water into that pot inside a pot idea?

2 Likes

Pile the mulch around it like a pile and put the pot in there. That should shade it and keep it a little cooler.

Your double bag idea has worked well for others also!

Best of luck!

1 Like