TGA and Subcools The Dank genetics 🧬 ... alive in 2021

How many phenos do you have of Jesus OG?

I have one pheno we have kept for a few years but, the high isn’t stronger than some of our other kush. Our current pheno is sedative but, with a slight head high sativa effect. She also has hermie issues. The smell is a slight orange peel with astringent and diesel notes. The dried bud is small and dense.

Hoping to hunt a stable pheno in a future Jesus OG seed run to replace my current keeper with a hopeful winner. Here’s a photo of our Jesus keeper.

Thanks for sharing!
Stay Irie! :grin::desert_island:

17 Likes

Some beautiful bud shots in here! Glad to see someone rocking TGA/Subcool gear. I have 3 beans of Jack Skellington and some Jilly Bean F2s I ought to preserve the Jack if I can.

8 Likes

Hi @Soonami, welcome to OG! Enjoy! Great place to learn and have fun!

3 Likes

Plant those seeds and unleash their magic. :raised_hands:t4:

Hope you share the photos of your plants.

Stay Irie! :sunglasses::ok_hand:t4::desert_island:

Hi and welcome to OverGrow, Soonami! Enjoy the folks and fun!

Bigfoot, (BCHP X Grimm male), is one of his older strains. I couldn’t find a lot about it, but I found a thread from '08 on RIU where Sub described it. He said at that time it was sold out.

It’s a BC Hashplant by a “Grimm Mix” male. Grimm Mix was a cross between a rare clone-only poly-hybrid, and a male from the “C99 family” called “Einstein”. It was given out as freebies by Grimm back in the late “naughts”.)

Sub’s description:

Legendary for HUGE yields this BC local favorite was collected by badboy and known for large colas and a somewhat flat taste, so we have worked the new Sour fruit smelling Grimm male into her Massive genetics. I have seen soccer ball sized buds off the mother plant and was extremely excited when badboy secured the clone from friends. This makeup is from the largest female I have ever seen in DWC.

From Dairy Dank test labs:

Easy to grow, loves high nutrient levels, this plant was almost yellow while being fed 1.2 EC and needed 1.7EC to be happy, also demands nitrogen supplement during early bloom to stay green long enough to pack on the weight.

Smells really, really sweet, these above were vegged for 4 weeks under 500w CFL vegged in 6.5L profit coir and also bloomed in the same pot. I imagine these would have been larger if I’d given them more root space and auto fed them rather than hand watered, but still they have buds that measure roughly 12".

Had no pest problems with these at all, likes to dry out in between watering and slows down on feeding considerably at week 6 and starts pumping out lots of resin.

1. Phenotypes - large heavy super resinous females
  2. Height - Tall with towering colas
  3. Yield - Our largest strain when done in commercial applications
  4. Indoor/Outdoor/Greenhouse
  5. Best way to grow - topped large bushes do very well.
  6. Harvest Window - 8 weeks
  7. Sativa/Indica 30/70
  8. Hybrid - Clone only large producing plant with heavy resins.
  9. High type- Nice warm Indica buzz great for relaxing
  10. Notes - Bigfoot has proven in the test lab to be everything we hoped for and more. The addition of Dank from the Brothers Grimm male has produced a resinous beast!

I’m running some Dutch Passion Durban Poison outdoors this year, and I’m gonna do a Co-Op run with those, then I gotta do a Freaker’s run, but after that I’m gonna do a Sub Run. Bigfoot maybe a good candidate. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

15 Likes

Yes, I looked up Bigfoot once I saw your post. Definitely a long lost batch of seeds. :raised_hands:t4: Happy hunting!

Stay Irie! :sunglasses::dash::desert_island:

3 Likes

Rolling the dice on some old freebies and some new flavors. Strawberry would be nice.

Stay Irie :sunglasses::dash::desert_island:

9 Likes

Grape lime Ricky sounds nice too!

4 Likes

Hey there @Irie_islander - glad to have ya here and looking forward to following along on your journeys! You got some dankity dank rollin here! :boom::v:t3::boom:

3 Likes

The zinger sounds interesting

2 Likes

Unfortunately no activity with the Grape Lime Ricky. Maybe one popped it’s shell. Hopefully, I get another try. :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

Glad to have you and all the others along for the journey. Hope all is well with you in your neck of the woods.

2 Likes

I know BOG passed recently and, though I messaged them once during the pandemic about seeds, I never got around to ordering. Not even sure what seedbanks have his seed stock.

I am excited for some strawberry flavor. I don’t have many options on hand for those terpenes. :drooling_face:

1 Like

Quick look at one of four Qrazy Train plants in flower at the moment. This one is very short and is packing on the weight early. Let’s see how she finishes.

11 Likes

Update on the last round of seeds. 6 out of 20 are alive and kickin!

0 of the grape lime Ricky and Joshua Tree made it through germination.

1 Strawberry diesel x space dude made it to a sprout.

1 Onjelo survived out of 2 that sprouted.

4 out of 5 zingers made it to sprouts :seedling:.

6 chances for a female, and some strawberry flavor. :crossed_fingers:t4:

10 Likes

A successful Jack the Ripper reveg. This mother did not produce anything noteworthy but, I want to give her a few more runs. First time for me to reveg in aero, no issues. :sweat_smile::raised_hands:t4:

We have one more JTR in flower. Should be fun to compare phenos.

11 Likes

Here are some photos of the sprouts.

Fingers crossed for some females and fire! :fire::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:

6 Likes

Quick recap of what has been going on:

• Bud shots of Scarlet Queen (2 phenos), Jesus OG, and, a Qrazy train pheno #2.

• Reveged a mother Jack the Ripper.

• Shared the 6 of 20 sprouted seeds from last months sprouting.
    ————————————-…

More shots from the flowering room…
Have a dank day! :metal:

Qrazy train pheno #1

Qrazy train pheno #3

Jack the Ripper pheno #2

Scarlet queen pheno #3

Scarlet queen pheno #4

Cosmic glue (spot the banana :banana:, zoom in, I keep this hermie for the trichomes)

11 Likes

Tried to germinate some Asian Persuasion. 0 out of 5. Grape Lime Ricky and Asian P both 0% germ rate. :face_with_monocle: That is a bit of a bummer.

Luckily, there’s a little TGA in here somewhere. 5 out of 6 Citron cookies.

Genetics :dna:: Karma Squad
Strain: Citron Cookies
(Jilly bean x cookies) by cannarado x biker Kush (aka Hell’s Angels OG)

Let there be Dank!

Not this kind of Dank though… :no_good_man:

5 Likes