Tga's chernobyl or crosses

Grab the real deal from genetics supply. And it’s bogo. Don’t have to get the same pack can mix and match badgers batch.

3 Likes

Badger still has JTR too, wish I wasn’t broke

3 Likes

I picked that up about 3 months ago!

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard of this before what makes it special ?

I grew TGA JTR in 2007 its :fire: :100:

1 Like

I have a ten pack of Chernobyl that I bought in 2013. That means the seeds were produced before Subcool/TGA relocated to California. So there is no question they were made using the original parents. (I’ve heard the mother was lost at some point, but that could be internet bs.)

I just recently popped my last three TGA Timewreck seeds that were purchased at the same time and all three sprouted.

I want to get the Chernobyl seeds to a good home because I have a lot projects going, not much space, and who knows for how much longer the seeds will be good.

I’m open to trading them, but my preference would be for them to go to someone who will make F2s and share the seeds. If someone is willing to do that, I’ll donate the seeds.

11 Likes

I came across a site today with five 5packs of fem chernobyl, 75pounds each

3 Likes

I ordered jilly bean lime chernobyl golden ticket x jilly bean but I’m looking to f2 right away could do pure chernobyl

2 Likes

Msg me and we can work something out.

2 Likes

I got them too. Plus some Querkle and Plushberry. Sounded too good to pass up and they were on sale.

Very OG of you :wink:

4 Likes

Took the words right outta my Keyboard!!! Whenever there’s a Sign Up, I’ll be right there. Way to keep the OG Sprit surviving!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Change of plans. A trade with Redribbonultra is not going to work out. So instead, I’m going to make either F2s or S1s myself. When my current crop finishes in January, I’ll open a grow journal for it. We can see if I get any keeper moms and go from there.

6 Likes

My flower tent is mid-way thru week 5, so I popped my Chernobyl seeds today. Turns out that I only had eight seeds left. All eight popped after 24 hours soaking in 1% hydrogen peroxide. My plan is to see if I get a keeper female and go from there. IF I do, I’ll either make S1 fems or pollinate with the best male. I don’t view this as a preservation project, because I don’t have very many seeds. Also, a Chernobyl preservation should probably use a clone of the famous Slymer cut (which someone is already selling as S1s).

3 Likes

8/8 nice making f2s should get you a few hundred seeds. theirs like 3 phenos I know of the basic cut most common then the golden ticket cut or slimer cut. should be very interesting though selecting a male and female if it would be me I’d pollinate all of em. Keeping good old tga alive

1 Like

You mean just flower all eight at once to make the F2s? That is an interesting thought because it would save me a lot of time vs making selections. If I don’t make selections, won’t people have to pop a lot more seeds to find the best phenos?

2 Likes

Just flowering all 8 will save the largest amount of genetic material. People will be able to sort through what you produce afterwards

3 Likes

That is true, but will anyone actually sort thru a large number of these seeds to find the keepers? I don’t think I would due to the cost and amount of space it would take. I’d rather start with seeds where I 1:5 or 1:10 is likely to be really good. If a lot of you want F2s made with an open pollination, I’ll consider it, but I don’t want to make seeds just for people to collect and store.

3 Likes

If anyone is interested, I created a topic for my little Chernobyl project: BCC's Chernobyl F2 Project

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.