Jack the Ripper open pollination?

Howdy yall. I’m tossing it out there to see what kind of interest there is. I have 14 JTR beans. I personally would have to hunt them a few at a time and a big open pollination with most or all is out of the question.

I know there are trusted people here that the conmunity will vouch for. If there is interest, I will send them out under the pretense the f2s get spread as wide as possible. I’d like a cut too if there is a worthy pheno maybe but thats less important.

24 Likes

Hey my post is waiting to get approved on the topic but I have 14 jack the ripper beans id like to send out to a trusted member to open pollinate and spread the f2s far and wide amungst us

thats assuming there is interest!

15 Likes

Theres always interest @middiesman , someone will take you up on that I’m sure!

7 Likes

that’s be awesome :slight_smile: im in VA so id have to pop a few at a time and a big open pollination is pretty much out of the question.

4 Likes

Hey @middiesman , hope all is well. You could try making a thread in the breeder lab category or something of the sort for better a better response.
Looks like Calyxander hooked you up. You should be able to work something out though here.

6 Likes

There’s a good thread called strain donation and breeder match ups. You put what you have on the list and when someone is available or interested they sign up for it.
It’s a pretty cool spot with lots of awesome genetics that should be kept around

7 Likes

The best place to post that would be in the donated strains and breeder match up thread

5 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I found a grower for my sssdh line there

Try @Enjoi802. He has my c99 growing in his princess and the pauper grow. And jtr too

9 Likes

Lol that really confused me for a minute when they moved those posts here

1 Like

I would say yes but between my facility trying to get out of my dreams and into real life, kids, the other preservations I’m doing and what I have lined up from the vault to go next it may be a while until I have the space or time to do so. One site is being watched by family as there were matters to attended to else where. Then the master Thai beans fell into my lap causing a reschedule of other runs, I’m always down to do so. I also know of folks Miranda farms out of MA. They were the last vendor sub put on before his passing. They will have mjjillybean at their both in August. I could reach out to them and see if perhaps we could collaborate and make this work. If that’s something you see as a viable idea let me know.

6 Likes

Sub’s genetics are in sore need of preservation!!

Really hope you find a home for them

6 Likes

I’m sure they will. And hopefully when they do I will get on that list! I hear this is one of the few high THCV strains out there…
…or maybe that was a different “jack” strain.

3 Likes

its the one, thats why i got the packs.

i also have 5x grape inferno, 5x jack skellington, 5x pandoras box, and 5 jacks cleaner 2. the jc2 have had poor germ rates , and the only jtr ive ever grown out was a male.

1 Like

It’s no rush at all on my end, I’m certainly open to what you suggest.

I am positive that either pollen or seed from the jtr would interest many on here. I don’t think i have seen any thcv stuff reach a conclusion yet, the freakers have a project going but i think they lack a male so that might take a while.

1 Like

I took this pic of the male I culled. It got a lot bigger but this is the only pic. He was very vigorous, medium sized broad leaves with tight internodal spacing , but not too tight, and very apically dominant.

8 Likes

i could run them in around after October, so that’s an option but if your in a hurry there are others im sure

1 Like

I’ve got Jesus og in house if you gotta a spare dap of pollen.

1 Like

Its no rush on my end at all. October is right around the corner too.

I did not save pollen @corgiton, I culled that guy as soon as I saw balls.

1 Like

let me look at my stuff, ive got a lot going on and dont want to lock into it just yet, i would love to grow them make seed ect but on my end i may be behind schedule ect.
its hard right now to know 100%

1 Like