THAT ONE is going to seed MINE and YOUR crop

I was kidding (a little), but in the end, you need to make him understand the potential mess that this pollen flying out of his house all day could cause to other people, you specially. Maybe he needs someone to teach him the ways, he could be your “padawan”… And then do some real good!

2 Likes

Had a similar issue at a clients place,he had the exact same problem but did not know which neighbour, I ended up installing hepa filters on his intake for him. Stripping his room down and washing the walls ceilings and all equipment with microbial RTU. Both Microbial rtu and hepa filters are used in hospitals and operating theatres to prevent contamination.

You could try asking him to put it in a sealed room with aircon if possible or may be he just doesnt understand how easy females get polinated and how much pollen is released from a male.

If he wasn’t getting with it, its either lack of knowledge or total ignorance and inconsideration. I’m afraid I would be putting my ninja outfit on, or commanding my dog to knock the fence down and dig it up. Hey boy theres a bone under there for you, go fetch it. :wink:

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

The problems with legality are mounting. Ha! Ha! We wanted everyone to be able to grow so here we go! I think if you have outdoor then plastic up, add a hepa and hope for the best. Indoor you probably already have filters to keep out powdery mildew since you are in California. Sorry for your issues but it will probably get worse as more people grow so practice patience now for sanity later.

3 Likes

Talking him into having you help him ensure he has killer seeds for next year is out of the question?

If it isn’t help him isolate a branch of healthy male flowers into a water vase, take down the rest of the male, bloom out the male near a window or in a clone cabinet, keep a paper plate under the opening pollen sacs, scoop into baggie, use paint brush on select ladies lower branches, done, backyard harmonies intact.

Otherwise, some direct action may be required. Water kills pollen on contact, so it might be as easy as a strong spray of a hose every night. Or a well-placed 2 oz of RoundUp.

This and hemp is why I’m wondering if pure commercial outdoor production will ever take off. I can see homegrowers being legally liable for contaminating commercial operations in the near future.

-b420

5 Likes

Cali did put us in a good ol “sticky” mess for sure. Education is going to be my first option. However, a greater portion of my youth was spent pushing the boundaries of borderline malicious activities, so a ninja suit is still a viable plan b.

Shooting for the education. I’d like to be part of the community that has a positive influence. In other words it seems more damaging to resort to actions that have the potential to paint poor or bad pictures of us. I feel like most backyard/casual growers will give up and loose interest when it’s time to put the work in and also so easily available to try so many different strains.

Thanks all. It’s a momentary conundrum for me. Probably like the rest, just avoid conflict and roll one up.

I’ll post the outcome. Good or bad.

2 Likes

You can’t ninja after talking to him, because he will know…

1 Like

Hell if he has a good strain and a it’s good male then if nature decides to pollinate some of your bud then so be it, maybe you’ll get some bomb seeds from it and if you give some bud away or sell it you can tell the people if they find seeds their worth keeping!

I made some white widow f2 seeds once and of course some pollen got a little away from the intended branches but I told my friends and they were all cool with it when they knew the seeds were worth keeping and growing. Just my 2 cents lol.

However, if you get overly pollinated then you can show your neighbor the “evidence” and maybe work out some kind of other arrangement for the future…

5 Likes

That is a very nice positive spin you have put on the situation Pazzo, I like your attitude. Education is the way forward.

Kalgrae, have you thought of inviting your neighbour to OG? You / we may have to edit this thread first lol :laughing:

3 Likes

Specially the ninja parts… Or the guy will end up filing restrcitions against ya! LOL

4 Likes

Came across this thread. I love this site. (https://overgrow.com/t/how-can-i-hold-clones-in-stasis-the-fridge-method).

Step 1. Print link above.
Step 2. Visit neighbor with printout.
Step 3. Help neighbor properly take clones from both male and females, save until after outdoor harvest. KILL MALE PLANT!!!. (Very important step)
Step 4. Regrow a couple male & female clones in separate space, harvest pollen, make seeds, harvest seeds.
Step 5. Plant seeds March/April, grow until sex is known.
Step 6. Weed out males and give neighbor healthy, FEMALE babies for his backyard grow.

In theory this should work. If not, I’m linking up some PVC pipe together, stretching it over the fence and into the root system in the middle of the night, pouring something strong down the pipe to kill it by morning. In theory, this will work too! :imp: LOL

1 Like

Ninja style, with a little of KGB methods… LOL

1 Like

How close to the fence is it, some times its easier to go under rather than over, or a small drill hole or 2, one to look though and then put some timber over the drill holes 13-15mm hand drills are silent :wink:

Took a bit but finally schooled him enough to let me take a couple clones. Sad part is it has been dropping pollen for at least a week.

Only keeping one of the male clones to mix with one of my lil ladies. The one I’m mixing is a bag seed, short and definitely indica heavy. This F’N male is def a sativa. Don’t know that I really feel like tending to it, but should be interesting.

2 Likes

Here is what is left. I was able to collect a small amount this morning and over the next couple days a little more. Always nervous around these little guys. Probably a good thing.

The seeds sprouting are a Fruity Juice (F1 supposedly) + OG Kush cross and FJ + SilverHaze/PowerPlant. This is my fourth try with these seeds. I’m about 100% sure I didn’t save them correctly. Just sharing since this little creep in the first photo is sharing their real estate. Cheers.

3 Likes

Took some pollen. Probably .5g worth. Even less really. It’s in my fridge in a film canister full of rice. There are five small pouches each from a separate shaking. The small packs are aluminum foil. Using the shinny side.

No process pics. Neighbor was reluctant but in the end we are both going to win, at least to some degree. Unsure of his male and my lady was a random bag seed.

Peace.

1 Like

Nice to see a happy ending, at least for you. LOL

1 Like

Having a hard time controlling my emotions right now. Just peered over the fence randomly and clearly see my neighbor has decided to let his male turn into a fucking flocked Christmas tree. Not how I like to enjoy my morning joe!!! Looks like I’m jumping the fence tonight.

I’m trembling with anger right now. My children look scared as though they know I’m upset.

GOING TO GO MAINLINE SOME THC!!!

3 Likes

I know the feeling… HAHAHAHA

I guess you tried the good way first, but the time has come… :sunglasses:

1 Like

LOL you should have dug it up right after you took the clone!! what a POS !!! don’t give him any of the seeds you make tell him “i’m sure you have some!”

Howdy all.

Didn’t take the time to read back through this, but just wanted to update real quick.

Never jumped the fence. Had a couple conversations. Actually three, but two where I was unreasonable and acted like a complete asshole. Took my first world problem far too seriously. Spoke like an entitled teenager. You get the point.

Third conversation was an apology conversation. I’m not entitled nor do I think I am and my neighbors a cool dude so I felt like shit and apologized. Been good since, no hard feelings.

Then today we talk and trade some herb. Whoooooohoooooo!!! Wait what the hell did you do to that? Lol. It tastes great. Recently had some Decent J1 from a dispensary and it has real strong tone of that and from memory some Fruity Juice flavor. A little peppery too.

The white and darker ones are from that pile of grass he gave me. The six others are from the plants I harvested that I was worried were going to be seeded. Lol. See, what a dick huh!? the lighter ones are premies for sure, but they are going to be my first testers.

I’m stoked on the seeds and flavor. All four of my neighbors plants where from the same strain, had one main cola and some decent, not big, side branching. From memory they were about 6 maybe 7 feet tall. He said he’d ask the lady he got them from what they were but didn’t know.

I happen to have four NL seeds beings to ornaments compared to the rest, so these are their replacements.
Sexy little legos!

Cheers

4 Likes