The 1970s. Please explain

It all makes sense when you consider it’s right on the heels of the acid trips of the 60s.

That’s how I explain bell bottoms too :rofl:

Edit and John travolta

6 Likes

How about the ruffled shirts down the front like Tom Jones wore…lol

The 70’s were strange because you had a lot of crazy shit happening. The war protests of the late 60’s and early 70’s. President caught doing wrong. Racial issues.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Not the same style. Ruffles along the buttons and button holes.

2 Likes

hey it was the 70’s lol what they got now Tide pods?

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=tom+jones+ruffle+shirt&oq=tom&aqs=chrome.2.69i59j46j69i59j69i57j46.2320j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon-sscr&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=K7QH9ne205eJYM

going spastic
3 Likes

That was him. Remember my mom watch him on TV. Do not forget Engelbert Humperdinck…:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

yeah the women liked him, and engelbert just kinda fell by the wayside

That was the 70’s lots of flash in the pan artist. Lots of variety shows with which artist or group that was popular right then.

actually i was young but remember i liked “she’s a lady”

2 Likes

when I was a kid I heard adults saying that Tom Jones “painted his pants on” and being a kid, and taking everything literally, I thought that his pants were actual paint for many years lol

10 Likes

saw a pic once of a naked girl,but you didnt see her naked,they had painted her like she had clothes on. you had to look like 3 times lol think maybe it was in a old hightimes or easyrider mag

1 Like

That Faygo commercial is so cringeworthy.

Koegel’s hot dogs probably go well w a Faygo

2 Likes

hey living in ND now dare yah to eat these red things Vienna’s rule! @newb2.0

1 Like

The worst thing about the 70’s?

Disco!! :face_vomiting:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

The 1970s were good times for me.

Bra burning, which began in 1968, carried on into the early ’70s…what a remarkable gift to young Bucks on the prowl.

There were no cell phones in the ‘70s, only walkie-talkies which had limited range, CBs were sorta like precursors to cell phones. I never had one, but several good friends did, lots of fun to toke up and jibber jabber with the truckers.

The 70’s also introduced me to Colombian Gold, Thai Sticks, Hawaiian and sinsemilla.

Vans were better for cruising and smoking joints. Couldn’t hang posters in a car and lounge on bean bag chairs passing a bong.

And I certainly loved my dirt bikes…they helped me search for prospective guerrilla grow plots, providing fun along the way.

And keep in mind that fashion always ebbs and flows. To me now looking back, the 80’s were even more cringe worthy.

I graduated from college in 1971, and the world was my big, slimy oyster. Halcyon days, my friends.

21 Likes

What gets me is he actually picked that name!
after being advised not to by his psychiatrist Dr. Liddledick :rofl:

4 Likes

His manager recommended that he change his name from George Dorsey to the name of a 19th century German composer.
This manager also worked with Tom Jones.
Somehow, this apparently helped his career.

2 Likes

“but i don’t wannnnaaa be a pirate.” - jerry seinfeld

3 Likes