The 1970s. Please explain

I never had a van but drove a 66 VW bus camper and I was long haired trucker with a CB the doses from the 60s are still causing flash backs lol .

10 Likes

This is a cool thread. Interesting topic. I would love to build a custom van for road trips. “Van Dwellers” on Reddit is pretty cool.

4 Likes

I have a dream to buy a cruddy old van and renovate it into my bug out vehicle :heart:

4 Likes

@Motaco @nefrella The 70s did have at least one cool thing, scooby snacks anyone? :rofl:

15 Likes

My current covered wagon.
Ready for a Mystery Machine wrap. Lol

17 Likes

Cool project dude, you going for an appropriate interior fit out too? :grin:

12 Likes

These days, only in my dreams. Lol

Good times. A decade ago…was still a wip in pic.

13 Likes

Not sure the year maybe 68/70 one of the vans we owned

15 Likes

Far out! Fur hahahahaha! I remember the first time I saw a :blush: I had no idea what it was. Yeah closer to 80s I think. Some stuff from my 70s in Austin…

(upload://xqb6Lz0TvBtlmDTJgR1raS01RPr.jpeg)

image image
image image

18 Likes

Robert Crump’s work permeated the 70s. Wacky dude but some crazy cool art. There’s a great doc about him.

8 Likes

You just ODed me! :joy: :+1:

I think I want a van now. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

you want to keep the blind spot minimal in those things. you need to be able to look over your shoulder and out the passenger doors thru a window to keep down the collisions. Or maybe driver assist with some of the newer stuff. lotta miles in a service van here.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Awwww yeah, I loved watching that cartoon as a kid. Classic good times!

2 Likes

Oh I can use my Engelbert Humperdinck joke now! Feel free to use it (with attribution)

Did you hear Engelbert Humperdinck came out as gay? He goes by Engelbert Humphisdinck now.

:drum: :man_dancing:

4 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

And the moustaches to catch the bits that fell out your shnozz

1 Like

kinda funny just saw my daughters friends halloweenm party pics one of them was bob ross lol there only in ther late twenties and early 30’s, sorta impressedme that they all knew who he was.

5 Likes

@Who Jesus Christ Risen?

2 Likes

lol yup that kinda thing

3 Likes