The black Lebanese x black afghani testers

They’re probably just hungry adolescents. I would do the same in your position, and I think they’ll come around with more food. :+1:

7 Likes

Black Lebanese x Black Afghani
Of the initial group I had 2 survived and are at about 3 weeks old. There were 2 ‘twins’ or doubles and 5 of the 6 germinated but I lost 3 in hot soil. The two survivors have a hugely different nodal distance. The solo cup sits between the two.

The 3 normal seedlings at one week old.

And then there is “Speck”

Edited- for not displaying properly…image shown multiple times and out of place. would not load from some places showing.

14 Likes

Little different shaped leaves on yours olbrannon but looking nice.

Here’s a little update of the new erbs in the big cabinet.

Just growing away. Transplanted 2 yesterday.

Uploading…

9 Likes

I have 2 of mine that are at about 26 days. They went in soil on or about the first and came up quickly. A few days ago the two began to really sprawl and push the fans out like little sails, I suspect they would like to be large.
Of the two one has closely spaced nodes and I just took the top on it today. I took one upper fan leaf to encourage some undergrowth and will take another tomorrow. Before:

After:

That single leaf:

I did that to the largest one yesterday.

I am surprised at the variation. My lights are of a mixture of led’s all screw in but sometimes the small plants sneak a bit of sunlight from a bay window. :wink:

8 Likes

These 3 are at 14 days or so above ground.

I have noticed a lot of change in the size of the leaves on the fig plants we have. When we took them outside the leaves grew in smaller in direct sunlight. In fact the sun has killed all those leaves over time and newer darker smaller leaves dominate now. There is more light there …but it is not the sun eh? :partly_sunny:

10 Likes

Looking good man! Maybe bigger then mine and they are younger ! Heh. Gotta get myself some LED :sunny:

1 Like

Black Lebanon x Black Afghani These are at about 33 days and were topped a week ago at node 6. I cleaned the bottom node from one and bottom 2 from the lanky one. They are due me taking clones. The two clones I took are doing okay so far.

The 3 in front here are at 21 days or so and for a change showing the leaf structure Leaf has above.

And last and perhaps least is Speck

14 Likes

Heh… speck. Looks like it’s pulling through, but gonna be a runt.

That one on the right is interesting. I don’t remember seeing leaves that wide in either of the parents. But I guess there must be some latent genetics in there bringing it out.

4 Likes

I was puzzled that Leaf had leaves that wide and I had none until these showed up. The runt seems to have a wide leaf structure too.

For those who did not read the other ‘testing’ thread Speck is likely a seed that did not sink when I originally floated them …as usual I squeezed the seed and it popped but it did not ooze anything and seemed okay. I shrugged and threw it in the soil anyway.

It came up with helmet head and under normal circumstances I would probably have just killed it off it was so small.

3 Likes

Got back from my camping trip and they are looking quite healthy. Other then breaking the one plants main stem. Oops!

Taped it up, it’s surviving though. A lot of growth in ten days. Transplanted all plants before I left

Sitting at 51 days from seed or so.

2 older ones :

All 4 :

14 Likes

They look very healthy and happy! Best vibes on the grow!

2 Likes

DAY 59

Few more pics of the BLxBA

15 Likes

Uh oh !

Think I have thrips. Shiiiiiit.

5 Likes

:scream: OH NO. I hate those damn bugs!

1 Like

Yeah man. First time having them… any recommendations?

I wanna try and capture some lady bugs… but of course when you need them, they aren’t around! Lol.

You don’t have developed buds yet, so spinosad is an option. That’s probably what I’d do.

They’re at a stage where they’ll spread quick, so if you can’t do that then cut heavily affected leaves. Put up yellow sticky traps too.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into it as soon as possible.

What about outside? I have leaves like that but only a few and mostly older ones. I’ve been picking them off and don’t really see anything. I was going to bring a few plants inside, but will not if that’s what I have. I have lots of predators and my plants are much more healthy than the 2 weeks I left them with someone else.

I really hate spraying anything, unless there was an infestation… I’m keeping an eye on it but it seems like I’ve seen it off and on for a while. Any preventatives for outdoors?

1 Like

Hey lefthand, would this product work?? Just searching around and I’m seeing people saying it’s banned in Canada?

Check out this link though for product:

Not familiar with that one.

Can you get this?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Monterey-Garden-Insect-Spray-with-Spinosad-Pts-LG6150/206338211?mtc=Shopping-B-FBT-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-Catchall-NA-NA&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-FBT-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-Catchall-NA-NA-71700000014585962-58700001236285396-92700010802552517&gclid=CjwKCAjw1_PqBRBIEiwA71rmtWWKjB4DNZMXBWyHt8iFrFOZ7THUHDwC7NjXUA8gXmnNc6js6xYPLhoCqMAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

2 Likes