The black Lebanese x black afghani testers

Couldn’t find it online but will check my local home
Depot tomorrow. Get ridda these little buggers. Also heard something about sulfur dust ;

Found some ladybugs as I was cutting the grass! Score!!!

Threw those ladies into the cabinet. 6 or 7 total. Should get ridda those thrips ! I’ll keep a close eye on them.

4 Likes

Seem to be doing very good. Transplanted the older ones into the 3 gal buckets. Ladybugs are taking care of the thrips.

Here’s a pic of the younger plants.

Pics of the bigger ones to come

7 Likes

As I understand it…sulfur dust if used within a few weeks of a horticultural oil (neem, mineral oil, etc) creates sulfuric acid and will burn the leaves/plant. Alone it should be great but you don’t want that on flowers you intend to smoke.

Diatomaceous Earth. sticky traps, spiders and ladybugs preferred. Captain Jacks Deadbug I know works(again not on your flowers so …). A good mulch layer is some deterrent.

All of these plants seem to have a large node spacing so far. The stem rub in general reminds me of sweet basil. (one other nose agrees)

Edit: training a flowering plant it is not the same smell. Stronger and more a sour note.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info olbrannon. Really appreciate it, decided to stick with my lady bugs for now. Continuing to monitor the problem, so far so good.

Is there a certain time you would recommend to stop bending the stems before flower?

I’m doing it only because I am running out of height in my cabinet . Used the FIM method on the 6th node of each plant. Now just tying them to keep some headroom in my cabinet

1 Like

funny you should ask…I had my wfe hold the thing still while I bent it some more and stretched it. It is fragile and I have broken the stems completely off with almost no effort so you do have to be careful. On the other hand I have one stretching now over a foot out horizontal almost…been bending it in stretch for a week.

Edit: have not broken one of these…on other plants

1 Like

So you’re bending it while it is in flower ?? Or did I misunderstand haha. Sry little stoned :slight_smile:

yeah…while it is in the first weeks of stretch. Pic here from 3 days ago.

https://overgrow.com/t/lets-have-another-round-testing-etc/19427/38
Compare with today…

8 Likes

Oh okay, awesome man… that’s my problem: not enough space I have overgrown my cabinet LOL.

1 Like

Be gentle and use a soft wire. They break easy. You were warned :wink: You might want to go back and read that post because using wire was not all I had to do to get it down under the lights.

1 Like

I’ve broken quite a few now that I have been training my plants again.almost down to a science now… definitely tricky.

Here’s a shot of my cabinet with all 4 plants in it;

Few of my older girls hopefully lol.

8 Likes

Overgrown cabinet haha… lt happens. Right ?!

Finding a few dead lady bugs… maybe hibernating ?! Idk!

Possible thripes are still present. Ugh. Carefully watching and if it comes down to it I may have to use something other than lady bugs to handle them.

Mostly affecting lower leaves.

10 Likes

Well I’m pretty sure all the thrips are gone! Grabbed 10 more ladybugs and put them in the cabinet.

Switched light to the HPS for flower. Still running out of room! One confirmed female so far.

This is probably the first time I’m hoping for a male in there because I am running out of room! Lol

11 Likes

More pictures of this beautiful flower

2 are in 1 gallon pots . 2 in 3 gallon pots

Just switched to flower Monday… #2 is a confirmed female. Of course it’s one that’s in a smaller pot so I am contemplating transplanting it into a bigger 3 gal pot… would you guys recommend doing this ?

I’m just hoping it would give the plant some bigger yields, but don’t want to shock it. Any thoughts and opinions? This week I have been running 14 on ten off… just to slowly bring it to a full 12/12 cycle. Mimicking Mother Nature if you would.

Also noticing a nice smell and beautiful purple colour to the females stem! Smelling like a lemony hash when I rub the stem a bit. Definite citrus notes to it.

7 Likes

It won’t hurt it to give it more foot space. If you use a pot the same size as the plant, put that in the new pot and pack soil in all around it. Moist soil is best. Then shimmy the pot out and you have a perfect space to slide your current plant/root ball right in. I dust the space with myco, and maybe fluff the roots a little around the edges and it makes for almost no transplant shock. peace

6 Likes

Thanks for the info man.

Never tried that with the roots before but transplanted tons. Just never transplanted while In flower almost, so wanted to make sure. Will be transplanting tomorrow, rather do it as soon as possible!

2 Likes

when I can this is the way I do it. works great and often the plant responds within a day.

3 Likes

Normally you might not want to repot during flower but I would do it at the start for sure. The plant will still be adding roots while building bud sites.

When I transplant this way I never really notice any shock at all.

Trying to do it with a full grown plant might be a little harder but maybe you could have somebody help. I think the plant will still benefit from having more root space.

4 Likes

Yeah definitely what I was thinking. If it was further in flowering I might not do it but since it’s early I think I’ll give it a try, of course one of the ones in the 3 gal bucket looks like it might be a female. Heh, chose the wrong ones for the bigger pots I guess lol.

Really appreciate the feedback man. Always helpful !

Time to roll a doobie and get ready to start tranaplanting! :slight_smile:

Puff puff pass

3 Likes

Well a little sad news this morning;

3 out of 4 plants turned out to be male. Left with one female. Guess I shouldn’t of wished for males lmao.

7 Likes