The black Lebanese x black afghani testers

:+1: you got it. Iā€™m going to run these to make F2s in the next couple months. I donā€™t love sending out F2s due to the high variations, but if you donā€™t want to wait for the F3s Iā€™ll send some your way.

9 Likes

They look absolutely amazing beautiful plants
I need some of these in my life where can I get @lefthandseeds Iā€™m in the USA

3 Likes

Leaf, Beautiful Job with that
Are you using Nutes or organics?

2 Likes

Hey @Papalag, Iā€™m just a hobbyist, so I donā€™t have any distribution. But Iā€™ll probably do some OG seed runs of my favorite creations once Iā€™ve stabilized them for a few generations.

I also pretty regularly try to offer up testers in my grow threads. @Olbrannon and @Leaf helping me get a preview of this one.

7 Likes

One hell of a plant Lefthand reminds me of crustyā€™s sidekick , sideshow bob

5 Likes

Ahhh ok
I assumed you were gonna sell some f1s if they tested well which They seem to be.
Or Ill trade you some seeds for some f1s??
All good either way

3 Likes

Hey @STIGGY , thanks man.

Not organic on this one, I should edit my first post to let people know. Currently using up the rest of my botanicare nutes. 2 part nutrient - one veg and one for bloom. Along with botanicare cal-mag.

4 Likes

I never really found much difference myself and the Nutes make big buds
I do a 2 week water only flush at the end , and I think that cleans it up pretty good as far as tatse and blk ash problems

5 Likes

I used Megacrop various ppm from 450 to 900 at the end (about 4-5 grams a gallon). I pHā€™d with pH down and so that added a little Phosphorus. EC was 1.2 to as high as 1.5 at the end. Grown in Royal Gold Tupur.

Edit: I did adjust down ppm at the end and start watering more instead when humidity dropped

3 Likes

Yea, I donā€™t fully seed out my plants, because I donā€™t usually need the volume. Then I give out some testers to a few people (whoever is interested). And if I hear good reports, I go back to my seeds and work on it some more.

I will probably have some F1s left over that Iā€™d be willing to part with, but donā€™t want to commit just yet. Iā€™ll hit you up after I start my run and let you know.

In the F2 generation, Iā€™m hoping to pull out the black pigment of the Leb. These testers are showing it as recessive. So if all goes well, the F3s will be jet black in color, like the moms of the F1 generation.

Also, Iā€™m not sure if @Leaf and @Olbrannon are aware of this, but each of their testers came from different mother Lebanese plants. Olbrannonā€™s were from this plant:

I donā€™t have glamor shots of the mom for Leafā€™s plant. It didnā€™t have as nice a bud structure, but it did have higher resin.

This was just a little before finish:

Both looked like they turned out well, so Iā€™m going to use one side as the mom and one as the dad when I make the F2 cross.

17 Likes

Wow thatā€™s awesome @lefthandseeds !

I had no idea. Glad you sharedā€¦ I love that colour ! Beautiful mother for @Olbrannon!

Feel free to post more pics man; have any of the dried and cured bud??

6 Likes

There are some nice terps in those genes.The color is nice but I would go after that hash on berries flavor. And I like that #5 plant more the more it cures.

7 Likes

9 weeks flower today;

Photos taken yesterday. Quite a few white pistils yet, still drinking 6 litres every 3 days. Maybe another week or so left .

17 Likes

Looking great. Fade starting, pistils turning. Time to just cruise in for the finish eh?

Amazed that yours is gonna go 10 weeks. FWIW the longer phenotypes of black afghani were better than the short ones.

7 Likes

Yup, Iā€™m excited for this one!

Do you agree with me ? Still pretty early to harvestā€¦ lots of white pistils.

I only flushed my blue god 5 days before harvest and I never noticed a difference between that and a two week flush I used to always do. Infact the blue god seemed to turn out a lot betterā€¦ idk just my experience! Might go with itā€¦ read something about the plant only takes in all the nutrients it needs ā€¦

5 Likes

Awesome looking finish. Fat! I found that some strains never stop with the white pistils and Iā€™ve gone well beyond the peak harvest time. Something to keep in mind. You should be able to judge by trichs too though. Although Iā€™ve had that not always be accurate either.

Gonna be good! making my mouth water!

8 Likes

Oh okay! Awesome info @GManā€¦ I donā€™t have a microscope so I squint my eyes real good and stare at the trichomes LMAO :laughing: watching for the cloudiness to roll in tooā€¦

Something to watch out for! As I have never really grown a strain like this :slight_smile: calyxā€™s seem to be swelling up thatā€™s for sureā€¦ but I do notice tops of buds kinda getting weird leaves and stemmy lookin tops of colas if that makes sense.

7 Likes

@Leaf Iā€™d give it another week for sure. And I think @GMan is right on for this one. I cut my black Afghani before all of the pistils turned orange, so it doesnā€™t surprise me too much that youā€™re seeing a similar finish.

@Olbrannon I think didnā€™t see the same thing, but he definitely had a different pheno too.

8 Likes

Usually when they foxtail with stems and odd leaf growth its caused by stress.

Usually too much heat or nitrogen.

Or it could be a crappy genetic trait too.

Would have to run em a few times to see exactly but probably not keeper material.

5 Likes

Okay awesome :sunglasses:

I think she could be under a little heat stressā€¦ top colas are a little close to the light :sunny:

6 Likes