The black Lebanese x black afghani testers

Needs more time if it is taking up water like that let it go I say. It will stop taking up so much when it is done. And just get fatter.

The Afghan leaner was a bit more harsh until it was jarred and cured for at least 2 weeks. But is smoothing out nicely.

Both pheno’s I had get those nice crystals on the paper as you smoke them and nice potency too. Took a long time to get dry.

5 Likes

Well today makes her 10 weeks;

Flushed last night: took a few pics… buds have fattened up nicely. Lots of foxtails though. Could be my fault- heat stress. Sometimes temps reach 35 C during the day while I’m at work. Trying to keep cabinet open with a big oscillating fan in front.

15 Likes

That’s quite beautiful. Such unexpected sativa characteristics. Foxtails can go on a while before the hairs turn orange. So if you have a loupe, that’s a better judge IMO.

8 Likes

Very interesting plant man ! Still smellin so delicious.
I don’t have a microscope If that’s what ur meaning. Should probly invest in one…

I was hoping she would be ready by Saturday on my days off, so I could harvest :slight_smile:
Do you think I should run er longer ?? @lefthandseeds

Edit : genetic foxtailing or my fault for heat stress ??

5 Likes

I use something like this and hold it up to my camera lens on my phone.

But I think I’m gonna try one of these

I also have a USB microscope, but it’s hard to use in the tent. There’s too much to hold and the working distance is more narrow. It’s too much effort to get a decent picture. Now I only use it if I want a picture of a bud or something I can keep fixed on a table.

4 Likes

Hey :wave: @Leaf I’ve had this happen with a different strain. I believe it was due to stress. Once it starts it’s very tuff to get it to stop. The longer I left mine the looser and More airy the buds went.

I had one after that and I chopped it right away. Tighter nugs. Unfinished. It’s a pick your poison type situation. :v:

5 Likes

Thanks mongo ! Appreciate the info

Yeah I’m thinking it’s my fault. it’s my temp, plus my light is only 8” from my bigger colas. Ran out of space on the stretch with this one.

Then battling thrips so I vegged her longer than I wanted to … oops! :grimacing:

6 Likes

It’s your call. It looks like the white hairs are all coming from the foxtails, so I wouldn’t wait for those to turn. The hairs below look like they’re mostly orange as far as I can tell. If you don’t see a lot of change by the weekend, I’d say go for it.

7 Likes

Thanks @lefthandseeds , just by looking at the trichomes with my eye they have changed to a lot cloudier looking. Buds have definitely fattened up quite a bit so I’m gonna stick to my Saturday harvest.

Just hope the buds don’t dry too fast. Having some RH problems. Only 25% humidity outside my grow area :expressionless:

5 Likes

I know Bodhi has talked about sativa strains that will push new white pistils basically forever Which can make a grower think it needs more time.
As others mentioned, best to get a scope or loupe.
Lookin killer!!

7 Likes

Of the 3 pheno’s I flowered the last was a bit harsh until it had about a months cure. The smell and flavors changed as they dried and cured. The taste on my #5 plant was awesome and yield was good on all 3 girls.

5 Likes

Thx craigson. It was looking super nice until the foxtails came; but either way she’s beautiful and love the smell! Buds got a lot fatter then I ever thought they would so might as well harvest her soon before the foxtails get worse.

Still kickin that berry / hashy smell :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Good to know man;

I’ll try not to smoke too many test buds heh. Let er cure longer and hope for the best :slight_smile:

Your buds looked awesome bud; way fatter than mine. Great work!

3 Likes

They were single stem cuts in gallon bags…it surprised me too :slight_smile: Yours is/was a full on plant. And just as fat most places. Lots more yield there

4 Likes

Chop chop.

Gonna be in trim jail for a bit with this one :point_up:

Edit ; next ones for the flower Chamber - 2 lowland afghani x dakini kush. 1 black domina x jungle spice.

12 Likes

Really nice grow. Thanks for sharing all the pics. You and @Olbrannon have definitely inspired me to dive into this line for my next grow. Can’t wait to see how your LowDak’s do. I really like that strain. I’m a few weeks behind you, but am growing some LowDak x Cherry Queen.

7 Likes

Thanks @lefthandseeds for giving me the opportunity to grow these out. Will be planting more, hoping to have more females this time though.

My bad for foxtailing her. Doh! :laughing:

On the next ones I will try and run one main cola. Keep er smaller and that way I don’t have to worry about being too close to the light.

But daaamn do these ones stretch in flower haha! Could be a good one for outdoors next summer :wink:

Do you have a journal on your lowdak x CQ??

7 Likes

You talking about the stretch on the LowDak? It can get to a good chunk mid-size. It won’t get as big as most pure sativas, but for an indica it’s on the larger size but with good yields to match. It grows really easily – a very hearty plant.

I’ll be documenting my grow here:

I’m almost finished collecting pollen off of the males for the project. The LDxCQ’s are just babies right now, but I’ll snap some shots in a few days.

4 Likes

Nope, the stretch on the black lebanese x Black afghani.

Gonna keep the lowdak smaller this time heh. Just in case; don’t want to stress them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those things stretch a lot. Growing in a short cabinet is a trip. Some of those reached a good 24" above the level of a one gallon container and went from cut, to 2 weeks rooting, to flowering.

Depends how high your cabinet will let you go.

7 Likes