The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

Did you not see; every third cow was a pervert in a cow costume!

1 Like

As long as they produce milk I don’t care.

Replace Milk with “Milk” and you got it!

Is that not called White milk rafting?

1 Like

I think it was a fat content joke that got away from me.

1 Like

Hey there fellow Canadians, the 2023 Canadian Fall box thread is live. This is where you can go for questions or to see updates on the progress of the box. :v:

9 Likes

Time for another Canadian landmark!

It’s not that big…

Just kidding!

Like my cool hat? Tour exited though the gift shop, who would have guessed?

15 Likes

Ahhh, Sudbury. My neighbor growing up.

4 Likes

Used to fish a lot up around there…at night sometimes we’d go watch them dump the molten slag out of the railcars…Sudburys version of a volcano eruption

5 Likes

That explains the picture on the postcards! Somehow they left out that detail on the tour.

Of all the times I’ve been to Sudbury this is the first time I’ve been to see the nickel up close, and the first time I haven’t been here for work.

4 Likes

When I was a kid it used to be really cool to see at night.
The entire area also looked like the moon…no trees lived because of the toxins from the nickel production. Nice to see them growing there again.

6 Likes

@lophophora.ca , ah yes, aka: “smoke stack slag dumpin’ meteor craterville”!

:rofl:

So… why did you go? Reminds me of when friends tell me “I was in Winnipeg recently” and I ask “Why?” and they tend to ignore the question because:

:rofl:

7 Likes

I always say “what, did you lose the bet?”

5 Likes

BAHAHAHAHAA!!! “Yoink!”

3 Likes

My son wanted to see a mine, just like Minecraft.

6 hour car ride, 1 hour tour.

7 Likes

That’s awesome. I grew up in a mining town an hour and a half from Sudbury and never ever once wanted to go underground in the mine. My dad was an electrician underground in the mine.

3 Likes

@lophophora.ca

10 Likes

That is a cool hat and perhaps even a new LED rig for your grow.

My wallet doesn’t hold change very well so I’m always finding nickels on the floor. But not big ones like that.

Mrs Foreigner keeps threatening me with a trip to Sudbury because she’s got family there.

Did you see the northern lights? The electromagnetic phenomenon not the weed.

6 Likes

I thought this story was over after the supreme court’s decision on the Quebec ban.

4 Likes

Sounds similar to Gillian’s island tour, at least you made it home.

3 Likes