The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

I didn’t try a Pocket Fisherman until the late 70s, I was surprised it wasn’t actually junk but well built.

4 Likes

I kept one in my car for years and landed some decent fish with it. Wish I had one these days just for the memories.

4 Likes

We played hard on them but got nowhere like the commercial lol

2 Likes

There’s quite a few on eBay.

2 Likes

I’ve got one of these in my “junk” closet!..lol…will have to dig it out.

2 Likes

With the “Pigeonman Pocket Fisherman” you don’t need anything really special!

Just tear a hole in your dominant hand’s side front pants pocket and you’re done!

So simple! One tear, endless hours of “fishing” for trouser trout!

6 Likes

Baahahahaaahaaaa!!!
:laughing::sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Not worthy of its own thread but I’m happy Christmas is only once a year. My water left me, even coffee and fruits is dry

4 Likes
1 Like

am looking myself there is a 320w Hydofe it is a bar style 1351 umols at 12 inches. 169 bucks

1 Like

Yeah, I was looking at that one too…am skeptical though.

1 Like

VFD to solve the 3 phase thing …

Anyone know what’s involved in converting these lights back down to 230 volts . Any electrical people out there?

Looks like they come in 2 different voltages. Low and a high. They are Probly just running 2 hot legs from the 3 phase.

If so single phase 220 stepped up with a transformer to 277-480 would work.

VFDs are more for electric motors. Doubt it would work for lights.

3 Likes

Thanks the price is definitely reasonable wonder what a transformer per light costs . Any one have any experience with this brand of lights from what I read there for a large ware or green house location.

I’m half tempted to buy one and take it apart to see if it could be run with a different led driver .

2 Likes

If your around industrial electrical surplus you may be able to find a used step up transformer fairly reasonable. Price sounds right. I don’t really like the pink or burple lights for plant gazing. Hard on the head.

1 Like

Has anyone been to the Cannaexpo here in Toronto?

4 Likes

No but I’m in!

5 Likes

Rofl. @TopShelfTrees1 :canada: OG meetup!!

5 Likes