The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

They are calling me. I can hear them screaming, let us out of this refrigerator Lol. It’s killing me that I don’t have them growing now. I’m working on getting my act together.

3 Likes

Man that made me chuckle. So strange how the smells change right? I harvested one that was called simply “Fruit” so I popped a couple since the description sounded…well fruity. Harvested it and almost threw up from the stench it let off from the procedure. But damn, it yielded so much that I decided to dry and cure it. Within a couple of weeks…fruit smells! So strange

3 Likes

I’m just one of many here but thank you.

Lovely plants! :seedling:

1 Like

Some of you guys might find this interesting. It has plenty of good pics and it details the making of “Paraguayo” aka prensada. Where the US had Mexico, South America has Paraguay pumping out metric tons of brickweed.

3 Likes

Beautiful. What landrace is this?
What was this Kushayo?
@Motaco is there an English version of that article?

1 Like

@GREANDAL
Breeding towards and away…I had a conversation with my nephew once about cattle genetics…he didnt understand the way cattle behaved
I went into a long drawn out description of breeding towards marbleing weight gain and so forth with other traits not selected for such as intelligence and so forth…
So my 8 year old nephew looks at me and says ‘so what you are saying is that stupid cows taste better’

5 Likes

:rofl::sweat_smile::joy: smart kid! Or smartass LOL!

2 Likes

Beginner’s mind. Keep an eye on him. :laughing:

2 Likes

Google translate works ok.

4 Likes

Is that an app LOL? Seriously, is it?

Hot damn! lol thank you :pray:

“strong smell of ammonia that characterizes most of the pressed blocks“

Lots of mexi brick like that I remember.

3 Likes

Just go to translate.google.com and instead of entering text, copy the url in the source language window. You get a link in the target language window with that translated page.

2 Likes

I’m hovering I realize. :joy: my new barrel of Litfa was held up at the Canadian border.

I expected weirdness just not so much of it.

1 Like

I appreciate the help but you’re speaking with someone that doesn’t even know what a url is. :grin:
To me that stands for unrecognizable language LOL
Lunchtime I will try to figure it out and if I can’t I’ll have one of the guys at work show me how to do it.

3 Likes

Oh, sorry. It’s just the address of the website. Like http://www.someting.org

1 Like

It’s about time I learned how to use that Google translate anyway. Couple of the guys I work with don’t speak very good English.

2 Likes

Awesome read folks, love the plant show.

1 Like

As much as I’d prefer to say away from Google, I love Google translate!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Just legalize it and let the farmers alone…take out the cartels!

8 Likes

I’m convinced it’s ph. Haven’t changed the nutes but since I started adjusting it the new growth is coming out straighter.

2 Likes