1973 Durban sativa (poison) "The Green Pheno"- a collective history of a South African sativa

Hello fellow og folks. Here I have started a diary here instead of the other place.

I will try to update every week but i will do my best.
The seed on this grow was gifted to me in hopes of preserving the strain. Durban (poison) 1973 green pheno @TestOfOath had some and we will see the green pheno if all goes right.
Now we have seen the red pheno, and info on the green is hard to find or does anyone know?

here is the thing, the seed were old, i am not sure how old but from what i understand these were run for seed, i dont know when. the seeds themselves popped in around 17 days, i was worried they would not pop.
i soaked root riot cubes using clonex and water, but i kept the cubes in mini domes, id exchange the air out every few days. soaking the cube. By the 15th day i was a worried parent. i cracked the cubes and found small sprouts. i moved these up closer to the surface so that the tap root was back in the cube and the seeds themselves were sticking out on the surface.
These are 1973 Durban poison. Meaning the strain came through the port of Durban and since everything was poison including bud. I am sure this is la African landrace sativa that has been
touched with other genetics, but should produce a real energetic type high, and i should get some stretch.
I have three seedlings up that are very uniform in growth. All are very happy to soak the artificial light rays up, enjoying life.
well, my plan is to try for seed with the 3 seedlings as i had a limited number of seed to start with. The 3 i have i will attempt to get cuts, wish for a male and two females or even 2 males one female.
i want to save this line of the green pheno.
so, if all goes right there will be seeds to share here and there.
Ill try to veg. them for 5 weeks as im inside and dont have tons of height i can work with.
so ill do my best to see the green pheno and hope to puff on some too, good times but you all will see where this circus will go.
since i started this on almost Christmas, Well, Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year!!!

88 Likes

Anyone with more history on Durban Poison???

6 Likes

Wow, I’ll be following along. Really cool project. Love a well done durban. They tend to be terpinolene forward faster finishers than you might expect. Up high with some THCV possibilities in some I’ve seen. Not very similar to the south american sativas in effect imo.

5 Likes

Have a Durban poison growing at the minute but not from old seeds

2 Likes

this one has a good flowering time, i think these ones if female will go 16 weeks.
fingers crossed we get to see the “the Green Pheno”
it kinda sounds like a cartoon that way.

6 Likes

wow 17days? A worried parent, I’m sure! Glad they eventually came out to say hello and enjoy life! Hope your triplets are a mix of female and male, like you hope. Can’t wait to see them grow and flourish.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Awesome :ok_hand: I’ll be watching :eyes:

I’ve successfully sprouted Jew Gold seeds from 1974 about 3 ish years ago, so I understand your excitement… I ended up crossing it with GDP to Make Kosher Daddy :wink:

Your doing a seed run? Or just a handful of Seeds and budz ?

At any point when your project is wrapping up, I’ll gladly trade with you for some 1973 Durban Poison F2 seeds… I’ve got a strain that a friend and I have collaborated on Kosher Daddy X Durban Poison, we called it Posion Daddy & I’d love to cross my strain with your 1973 Durban Poison F2s :wink:

16 Likes

well if this goes right a seed run. but theres so much in between here and then. yes i am very excited.
i plan on getting cuts of each just for the purpose of making sum seed, with my fingers crossed i embark a journey. keep your eyes peeled cause the show has begun and no telling just yet the outcome

14 Likes

I’m in there, like Swimwear! (think about that one!)
I’ll try to behave.

2 Likes

@blendmedmedman how old is that pack bro?

would also to understand more about the Green pheno

1 Like

i do not know how old but the strain is 1973 not sure if these seeds are that old or not. if they are though it is really cool. and “Green Pheno” is we shall find out,

I tried reaching out to Ed Rosenthal on IG to ask him about the Green yet no response with that just yet.
I read that @anon98660487 i appreciate the link and think it will help with some modern Durban poison,
time will tell on these.

@BigMike55 im sure there will be some misbehaving going on, and i welcome you to join in on the fun from time to time, because that is what makes this fun.

4 Likes

I’ll be following along
Good luck with the grow

2 Likes

here for the show

2 Likes

Awesome good luck with the grow!!

1 Like

Had a good mate from Durban we used to run about together in San Francisco we did painting together he used to make GHB lol he was funny use to tell me horror stories about South Africa growing
Up

He passed away having to much fun,he mom couldn’t afford to fly his body back home ,took his she’s instead,
They have that crazy accent as well

1 Like

Fan of Durban Poison and following along to see how these turn out.

2 Likes

Im here for the journey and the vibes. Good luck man, always exciting to see people work old beans

5 Likes

Great fuckin job man.

Thanks for running these. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

7 Likes

hope it goes the way i want @Guitarzan , time will tell

3 Likes