The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

After growing it. I will veg these OsT beans out as long as possible before flowering next run.

2 Likes

What are we talking here? 4 weeks; 6 weeks?

1 Like

Upstate would be the expert opinion to ask but I vegged mine only a few weeks and got 5 foot tall bean poles with no side shoots

3 Likes

If you veg for two weeks just bear in mind they may grow out of your space. I’m pretty sure they will yield more though.

5 Likes

Tripple checking here before I do something silly and spend a lot of money for a seed run I’m determined to do in the next year +:

Does anyone have JALISCO seeds willing to trade/sell/etc?

It’s 90 Euros + shipping (I think 10 Euro) for 10x Jalisco seeds from The Landrace Team.
My gut is trusting this outfit after reading TLT referenced around OG and on Strainly but I have no idea about freebies/extras and no idea about guarantees as it’s all landrace :man_shrugging:

THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN! I’m now OBSESSED. :rofl: :worried:

9 Likes

this was another thought about going with 1gallon pots + 12/12 from seed. Keep em small as the first run is to get as many seeds as possible for future runs (like what I’m doing now with my GG4 RIL’s)

Any worries about either topping or LST? I LST most all my plants like an LSTing bastard.

2 Likes

If you want to get a look at the frame of the plant without a greenhouse that’s the only way I think. I did that but they still got away from me. lol

Next time I top them. lol I think they’ll respond well to lst, very flexible at this size.

I would not expect a budcicle from a 1gal pot necessarily iykwim…

4 Likes

Thanks @GREANDAL ! I AM NOT COOL ENOUGH TO TOP MY TENT FOR THE PLANTS :rofl:

Sounds like my best math so far for success would be:

1. 1 gallon pots
  2. top them after 4 nodes show
  3. LST after topping
  4. 12/12 from seed

:hugs:

5 Likes

You spelled ignorant wrong. :joy: I had no idea what was coming.

3 Likes

Scrolling down and then seeing that topped tent made me LAUGH SO FUCKING HARD that to this day my parter is still disturbed.

2 Likes

Holy! They were 5 feet! How wide is the container?
For best yield its recommended to plant single cola type plants close together. If only growing one or two, topping, tying over or folding is recommended.
So, what I read is that these sativas are more potent when older, which I knew…but what I didn’t know was this next bit…I thought a tropical plant hot its genetic peak at around 6 months of age… Apparently an 8 month veg will produce more potent plants than a six month veg, and a 6 month veg is more potent than a 4 month veg etc. Sounds like this holds true out to a full year veg cycle for long flowering plants like Colombian.
So, for ABSOLUTE Sativs potency, grow a sativa alllll summer, take cuttings as late as possible and flower the cuttings indoors after a further veg cycle. Not sure this is feasable in many instances… and its an old book that also says 1/2 inch sprouts will die lol. I like mine at least that long before planting…so you can’t take all of the info as gospel. ( its possible, due to adaption to modern methods of germination, that sprouts today remain healthier longer. Any old timers carr to chime in about this? )
@Pigeonman sadly no extra seeds, no freebies from TLT. Most likely legit though.

7 Likes

Here’s the momma Thai, topped, slightly trained. Yielded 1 1/2 gallons of bud.

Final height with pot around 48 inches. Plant is maybe 3 feet. 18 weeks flowering.
" Upstate" method of frequent transplanting.

15 Likes

Moving day

The two red stalks in the back are now chilling elsewhere

I know to look out for these in the future and they might go on for a while but they’re full of seed that’s finished by now and I want room for this

This one is reminiscent of the shaggy Mexican from back in the day. Sweeter, balsam/pine odor.

The green one is a monster. These buds are enormous.

21 Likes

Ostfront shifting around

21 Likes

Awesome job my friend

5 Likes

Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

Again… Lovely job… Beautiful

3 Likes

Looking good. How’s the resin coming on in the later OST phenos? Seeing any yet? The early one is looking very nice.! Are those resiny bud photos of the same early plant or is a second one producing nice buds like the early one?Hard to tell if the photos are from different parts of the same plant or different plants…wish i could smoke that with you!

4 Likes

Yes only the one plant in front has any resin to speak of.

The third pic down is a comparison, three buds one from each plant

14 Likes

Huixtepec. Best nine.

17 Likes