The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Are those from Elchischas? Is that what they’re called?

1 Like

Got 3 fruity juice seeds I will be popping soon hopefully one is a female :kissing_smiling_eyes: :dash: :dash:

2 Likes

very nice, i have my fingers crossed for you

1 Like

OST x RIL SOWAH got 2 going now.

10 Likes

Yes they are from near Huixtepec.

5 Likes

What is the OST?

3 Likes

It’s Cryptic Labs Oaxaca crossed with a secret Thai. My favorite Oaxaca plant was old silversides, and @SkunkHunt101 came up with the idea to start calling the new hybrid Old Silver Thai.

10 Likes

Im going to name this strain All CAPITAL LETTERS to make it easier. Should be a stretcher.
Already seeing the maroon on the stalk!

9 Likes

Ost week 16 coming to an end

20 Likes

Nice buddy. Looking forward to a smoke report😁

16 Likes

So I finished out the last of the OST I had in the jar. My buddy and I smoked a half a blunt of it. Thats all we could handle at once. He looked at the bud and did not want to smoke it because it looks like leafy larf. I assured him it was worth it. We smoked it and I started lauging within the first 2 puffs it was so strong. He enjoyed it as well he said " it aint bad" that means its good. It ended up curing into the cookie
Dough smell and smoke was very smooth and mature level top shelf pot for sure. Grow this plant.

15 Likes

@SkunkHunt101 thanks for the smoke report. I’ll be making more of this one for sure. How would you describe the high? Long lasting?
@GREANDAL any oaxaca or (remaining) OST pics?

7 Likes

It lasted hours and I was in a good mood. We did about 10 puffs on that blunt that was it. No more was needed. It had a very high ceiling but it was instant there. I also never let the plants mature properly as my whole room was full of seeds out the ass they had to go early. The final one was still too early but done enough. An inexperience smoker would be overwhelmed for sure. The buzz was like the Silver Haze I grow from TnF but OST had more of a wild cannabis buzz and effect. The smoke was awesome thanks again.

11 Likes

My sweet as fuck Male Mexican Death Sativa:

I’m gonna pull the trigger on the Jalisco’s from TLT tonight. :seedling:

19 Likes

They look super happy. what do you like best about him?

2 Likes

He smelleth of Grapefruit with after notes of gas, and his leaves are rather charming ;D

6 Likes

@Pigeonman I’d like to see some Jalisco grown out. Never seen any Northern Mexi strains grown, aside from Copper Canyon… @gmike that’s you growing that one yes? Any updates?
Here’s the Huixtepec. Best nine (and incidentally the only nine. I killed three of the original 12 by damp off due to the dense soil I’m using. These don’t like excess water when young.) They seem to be taking off now. Can’t wait til they are bigger!

14 Likes

Those look superb bud!

2 Likes

That Oaxacan looks fantastic. :slight_smile:

I just took down two heavily seeded Red Snakes, and one early Punto Rojo. All were dusted with Red Snake males, open pollinated in the room. I still have 3 more Red Snakes which are slower ripening as well as one more Punto Rojo. I’m thinking if making a nice batch of hash with this stuff once they have dried and been deseeded.

7 Likes

Punto Rojo…this girl is a week or two ahead of the sister. Flowers were airier and have a delicious scent of wood, incense, sweet floral and musk. I didn’t get take as good of care as I usually do because of distractions this winter, and I knew I was growing for seed more than smoke. Still, I’m really looking forward to this one.

22 Likes