The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

The faster Red Snake. This one is lanky with wispy buds, looks very much like the Oaxacan mother. Citrus and musk aromas, very sticky. My hands smell like bathroom cleaner after handling. The seeds are very large. This one was a cut and I have the mother in veg still. The smoke from this plant had wonderful floral flavors and the high was soaring and euphoric, of good duration. A first class cross and now I have a shitload of f2s. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Absolutely wonderful Texas Tea. Gotta tell us what she smokes like. So glad your in F2 heaven. I know you are gonna cross paths with some awesome cultivars there. Keep us in the loop fellow Texan (from Houston but live in California now)

5 Likes

I grew up in Spring, now in AZ!

3 Likes

Red Snake

19 Likes

Thanks! I grew one of these PR last year and it is a great smoke, but not the tastiest. Taste was improved when crossed with the Oaxacan to make the Red Snake f1.

8 Likes

Texas Tea is an old timey slang expression for reefer that I picked up off vintage jazz and blues records from the 1930s. I chose it as a forum name years ago to throw people off since I didn’t know if legalization would hold or if the feds were watching the boards. I’m in legal MA. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Oh man, working with Red Snake? Nicely done, haven’t run her in many years but it’s phenomenal smoke. Very cool to see :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

We trade seeds with the Alphabet boys. They love OG

5 Likes

My only experiences with northern landraces or heirlooms have been chihuahua copper canyon and big sur holy weed (zacatecas purple bx) And im waiting for some seeds of “Jarilla de Sinaloa” from a very especial from a very good friend. The rest of the places Ive smoked sativas, plus the ones I have saved sativa seeds waiting their turn, are all below the line on the map.

The north, being close to the border, has been the target of raids since the 1960s, moving the crops further and further away every season. Until today, that only a few central and southern states producing, and no longer in mega plantations, but in small gardens (but many of them) hidden in the mountains.

17 Likes

Also… i did it…

I just ordered the Jalsico seeds from The Landrace Team. :open_mouth:

16 Likes

I was lucky to score Jarilla seeds when they were available on Ace site years ago. Still in the fridge awaiting their turn along with tons of other obscure landraces. Reports are mixed for the Jarilla…I think they sound worth running though and like most Cannabiogen gear they should be very good. I think some of the grousers on ICMag wanted “Trip Weed” and they weren’t satisfied, but it looked really legit to me.

7 Likes

I’m waiting for some Jarilla de Sinaloa “Cola de borrego” seeds to arrive. The friend who gave them to me says that it is a very special herb, very visual and energetic, but it is difficult to germinate. It would be nice to be able to compare the differences between them.

7 Likes

THAT part. One of the most elusive qualities of cannabis.

4 Likes

Oh yeah I need that in my life. :fire:

4 Likes

Red Snakes drying

20 Likes

Man, those Red Snakes look bad ass.

4 Likes

Oaxaca gold getting close, maybe 3 weeks or less.

@Upstate , i took a few branches for a taste,

22 Likes

you dont have any punto rojo seed to spare? if not ill be ok.

3 Likes

I have some Oaxacan x Colombian Red from Swami you can have :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like