The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Here’s the anonymous Silversides showing the infamous stem resin. I hope I find another one too. Life has been tiring without her😪

If you zoom in there is a dead fungus gnat stuck on the stem. Plant defense in action!

18 Likes

I’m ok with 14/15 weeks…+ I don’t have any pollen and my stash is nearly empty…

4 Likes

14 to 15 weeks is the flowering time I read about years ago. I know the pure 74 Panama goes much longer, but what I don’t know is if the 74 is a more unworked version or if after that time contamination occurred with the result of a shorter flowering time found in offspring of imported Panama Red. It’s also possible there is a Highland version and a lowland version. Looking forward to you having experience with both of them and helping me fill in some pieces of the puzzle.

7 Likes

14 Likes

Hi bro, how are you?
He didn’t tell me yet i need to ask him about it but now i’m just concern about that he be able to send me the seeds lol
Is really really hard get the real deal in Oaxaca,a lot of people grow there and a lot of people want to grow the modern crosses. You have yo go into the Mountains,to small villages… There’s a turístic place that really probably you can get some interesting pure Oaxaca Seeds
I can tell you on PM if You want.
Now i got two jobs over here so a lack of time free but i’m gladly can meet you and share a good meal and seeds bro,no problem :ok_hand:t5:

9 Likes

good looking Oxa silversides Pheno !

is anybody growing Panama 74?

3 Likes

My self :vulcan_salute: I have 3 females of Panama 74 from the vibes C growing “outdoor” for seeds

7 Likes

@gmike Where’s the pictures my friend!?:grin:Myself and many others are very curious to see that one with our own eyes. I’ve just seen a couple photos.
@romanoweed it is a beauty isn’t it. I think I have a couple Silversides phenotypes too. I took a picture but it’s lousy. I’ll try to get a photo up today

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: hahaha you are right! the plants are revegetating, and I’m not exactly proud of their state of health (heat mites and a bit of negligence on my part) in 10 days + - I’ll upload photos

3 Likes

Lol. @gmike Sometimes I hide my plants from other eyes for a few weeks too🤣. Everybody gets a glimpse of things only when they are running smooth😁 (which is happening more and more thankfully.) Looking forward to pictures when you have them coming along nicely.
I’ve never heard of heat mites before. Do I have them here in the Northeast? What kind of damage do they cause and how do you know what to look for?

5 Likes

Some old photos of my first rep of Panama 1974 Vibes Co line. I get this seeds from Jahgreenlabel and he got the seeds from Charlie García and then he got from my old friend Greengrocer who’s got from his dad who’s keep it since 1974

23 Likes

Oh i confused them with snowhighs panama red… anyone growing snowhighs version?

2 Likes

There’s some pics of Snowhighs Double Panama Red…which was preserved by @Upstate and the freakers.

There’s a few posts …and some info if you search the thread.

The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1) - #1511 by Panamajock

20 Likes

Wow mate you scored, any thing even close to native Sativas I’ve seen is just brick full of sticks and stems. Sometimes the Jamaican and Colombian fits a similar description to what you got.

Unfortunately Tamagringo is a bit of tourist shit hole now, too much cocaine flooding the streets

4 Likes

Hermosa… love it.

3 Likes

Hi all
Oxacana by @Upstate
One in the 3 gallon fabric bag graciously submitting to some light bondage and topping mainline style . she responded very well going for 8 mains
She’ll stay in the main room for now

The dirty dozen is down to the nasty eleven lol
Out of 12 clones 7 rooted and up potted and 4 still no roots the plan it to pic the best 6 plus 3 short flowering plants in 2 gallon fabric bags in the small tent and lollipop them

16 Likes

Whaa there looking great…your doing a sterling job

Loving the bondage LOL

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what you do with these! Looking good!

3 Likes

heat mites > I have them every summer… I think :nauseated_face:
Maybe dust mites that wake up during summer? :laughing:

2 Likes

I havnt had time to take care of the panama as they deserve. I don’t have easy access to those plants, and the automatic watering hasn’t finished them yet… Where I said “heat mites” I meant “heat, mites(broadmites)” haha My English is particularly bad these days, I think thanks to my good harvest of critical mass.
Mites, at least the ones I enjoy, broadmites, have several symptoms/ kind of damages from one plant to other, but they have a very characteristic one, ohaze seedling showing broadmite damage:

Edited: Same ohaze today

9 Likes