The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

I agree fabric bags are the best
The roots like the air circulation

I up potted rooted clones to 5 x 5 x7 plastic pots approx 3/4 of s gallon of soil I believe then once again in to 2 gal fabric bags

How much stretch will I see ?

I am thinking of flipping soon
Maybe 1 more week

7 Likes

Was a bit worried but I know you’re a perfect gentleman oldtimer, will try out those patacones, easy to make and should be indeed delicious :yum:, at our age we also need Potassium … labrat

2 Likes

How high is your tent? Mine is 2 meter and my lady is already 1.05 meters from stem, I seem to be much more ambitious than you, audaces fortuna juvat … frech|nullxnull

8 Likes

My tent is 1.5 meters so I am a bit worried lol
But I like to fill the tent anyway lol so I’ll give them a little time
I can always top them

2 Likes

You should be, you should be :sweat_smile:, I must admit you’re much more audacious, be sure I will follow your endeavour, best of fortunes … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

A few buds of the Colombian Gold. Took her down at 22 weeks.

21 Likes

Bahia BR Landrace

A week later after a horrendous spell of weather ( rainy season) the Brazilian chica has performed well considering…She too k on a nice purple colour as the temps dropped at night…a few days of sunshine and she seems to be changing again.

Ye strong , growing well…a few fans leaves yellowing …so I gave her a small manicure.

Ye tall slender.and still stretching…I like it …it’s kinda different the side shoots are real tender and slim…quite a lot of bud sites…I’m still sure she be a long time flowerer .ye coming on fine.

22 Likes

Looking great Ron…

2 Likes

18 Likes

@Old-Ron sweet! Great job getting the gold color!. Did you sweat cure to achieve that or is she naturally golden upon drying? I hope it smokes as good as it looks.
@Panamajock that’s looking like a legit landrace. Sweet! How many weeks into flower? 6 now?

4 Likes

Vegged for six weeks

45 days since the flip …= 6 weeks three days

5 Likes

Nice results @Panamajock!! Looking forward to seeing buds from it!! Awesome!
:pray: :clap: :clap: :clap: :flushed: :hugs:

1 Gallon pot, right!? Thanks!

3 Likes

She did that all on her own. She has been hanging 3 weeks. I cut some here and some there. To me, she smokes better. Very smooth. Quick on high. Started energetic. Then the stone starts to set in. Reminds me of the late 70’s.

9 Likes

10 gallon Pots = …15 inch x 22 inch

3 Likes

@Panamajock So how tall is the plant now!? Please…! Wow!!

2 Likes

Well just for you lol

The two biggest branches are just over 3 ft.

They of course have been nipped a few times …or they would be bigger.

12 Likes

I believe this to be from the Punta Cometa Oaxacan debris I threw in the garden. It popped late April and hasn’t shown sex yet. It is 3 feet tall at the moment.

23 Likes

Gotta love those volunteers! Hope she( I hope) finishes for you! Please keep good track of what date flowering commences. Maybe, just maybe, they could finish in ny.
@Old-Ron very nice! Gotta love "Old Gold":grin:

7 Likes

On doing a bit of research…on the strain…there ain’t nothing modern info about Bahia Br Landrace.

Bahia province of Brazil is predominantly habituated by ancestors of slaves…… from Africa whose ancestors are from the Bunda tribes …which includes Angola.

I don’t know if wee on this thread can cleam anything from growing genetics from landraces or heirlooms …but history and the internet may give us clues…ye all good fun.

Anyway there are a lot of Cannabis puritans that will make a point of Brazilian landraces …origin is Africa. Via the Slavery trade.

I probably agree…

Edit…I don’t recommend the book…no way at around £20 but the sample your allowed to download …is interesting…

The African Roots of Marijuana https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RPY2WS1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_5KXPTJ80Y68GGZMNK7XZ

10 Likes

Chihuahua copper canyon 1990

24 Likes