The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Kind of sad it took me so long to find this thread, simply awesome! Everyone on here. Thank you for everything you do towards preserving these genetics. I’m here now and not going anywhere. In the near future I’ll pop some that I have and contribute myself, just need to finish my much bigger, better bloom room.

9 Likes

A few more pics of my beautiful Zacateca Tribute I have going outside. Resin smells of cedar and spice and everything nice!

20 Likes

The little foxtaily budlets are so cute.

27 Likes

:eyes: Oh my… :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Have you smoked any of this? What’s it like?

2 Likes

No not yet… its still needs another week or so I think. I expect it to be very good smoke though.

4 Likes

Wasn’t sure it was the only one you had going. It looks wonderful!

3 Likes

very nice looks to be a very nice plant, i think you will be happy with the out come,
yummy looking for sure

4 Likes

Looks awesome! Wow

2 Likes

I got a few photos back of some different phenos of Zacatecas Tribute I gave to a local grower and friend. Thought I would share.

30 Likes

Your buddy did a great job! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Huge trade in the Roman Empire. Also Egyptian opium was super popular in Rome. Didn’t need Hannibal. Infact drug use in ancient times was the equivalent of coffee drinking today. Egypt’s economy was based on export of opium and cannabis resin.

7 Likes

:eyes::rainbow:

22 Likes

Nice fade , what strain is she

4 Likes

That’s interesting that Egypt traded hash resin… I thought they must have imported it. Archaeologists have found pre-columbian Inca mummies that were buried with hash in their systems, and egyptian mummies with cocaine in their bones, hair and lungs. Seems to imply a Pre Colombian drug trade. The hash was found to be Asian in origin, and the mummies spanned around 900 years of time. Egypt must have been trading with somebody themselves and forwarding it to the Inca… or perhaps there was some other Middleman…
It’s also possible that the plants Egypt used to make hash were Asian in origin originally, and that they were the ones making and distributing the hash.

10 Likes

If there was contact with Incas it would not have been the Egyptians. My best guess would be the Phoenicians. They were the ancient worlds best ship builders and sailors.

5 Likes

Hi @Donnie :wave:

It is Zacatecas Tribute (Big Sur Hollyweed x Oaxacan 79’skull) by Vermontman of Green Mountain seeds.

I think I sent you some pollen from my males.

22 Likes

It just keeps getting better!

4 Likes

Yes you did , now to find the seeds for it to be used on

2 Likes

I found a nice Wikipedia page detailing theories surrounding pre-Colombian contact with the America’s. I’m sure it is not exhaustive, but an interesting intro for sure.

5 Likes