The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

She’s a beauty! Nice grow. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Thanks for the good vibes and following along my new friends. Ill do a smoke report when the time is right.

Big thanks to Vermontman for preserving the Oaxacan… it’s very special I think. An even bigger thanks to everyone to here who threw those positive vibrations my way. :pray:

Stay tuned… I have a very exciting event planned. :shushing_face:

13 Likes

Oh just going to leave us in suspense lol

6 Likes

I’ve seen his Oaxacan on icmag. Really amazing looking! I actually ordered some of his purple satellite through ace, but they got snagged in customs. I was pretty salty about that :joy:

12 Likes

I’d love it if he released his Oaxaca pure. Don’t think its going to happen though☹

10 Likes

:eyes::star_struck:

20 Likes

I hope you run this again where you will have a few seeds available, pretty plant with an awesome fade

7 Likes

engr

13 Likes

This is from Summerians:

hahah

8 Likes

yup medicine used for centuries, no proabortion, no one going to jail, ect. good stuff, thanks for the sare

2 Likes

the first Engraving is egyptian i guess. 5000 b.C.?

It lets me understand upstates suspicion about Pollen-analysis, probably

4 Likes

I also find that some of hybrid’s hybrid’s are getting more difficult to clone. I remember when a bunch of Hawaiian came in the mid 70’s and everyone was blown away. It may have been a sativa because it was a very speedy up high. After a while though you built up a resistance and the incredible Hawaiian wasn’t so special. That’s when we realized that the Mexican we had been smoking was better in the long run because you really didn’t build up resistance, it always got you very high. Besides the awesome Oaxacan, which I believe was light green in color then, there was Michoacán, Acapulco gold, and others I think.

10 Likes

Many of the states on the West Coast of Mexico were well known for cannabis back in the 60s and 70s but you hear nothing about them today. Only the few you mentioned and Guerrero are talked about today.

I agree. It is better in the long run for exactly the reason you stated. It does the trick every time. I’ll usually take four or five puffs off of a pipe and I’m good for a couple hours. If I smoke more I get higher and the effects last longer. I’m really looking forward to trying some of the other Mexican varieties.

7 Likes

so what type of Mexican varieties are sought after, i know ive puffed on a few and i agree it last longer, and is much more clear headed. i just wish i kept all the seed from when i was younger. that is one reason im here in this thread. looking for those strains i love, not to mention i learn a ton, and love seeing post with pictures, planning my future grows and what not.
do you guys think it was possible say the aztecs or inca used cannabis?
i would guess yes, as it seems it has been apart or with humans for a long time. how i wonder of way back then

3 Likes

I’m sure cannabis has been a great ally to humankind over the years. Cooperation is the key to Homo sapiens success and cannabis promotes cooperation. Mexican herb was great but so was highland and lowland Colombian and Lambsbread Jamaican. And, let’s not forget Panama red and I’m sure many more equatorial varieties, which are all kick ass.
Homo sapiens moved around the planet and evolved differently depended on their location and culture. Cannabis did the same.

5 Likes

Lets move this discussion over to " how did cannabis reach the new world" thread…

5 Likes

I forgot to mention but maybe it’s obvious that none of those varieties I mentioned smoking in the 60’s were sinsemilla, they all had seeds in the bag. That’s why so many of us in northern areas were planting those beans in places where they would never flower before the freeze. The Afghani and other seeds from colder regions made it happen for us. I’ve often heard that landrace strains are disappearing because everyone is making hybrids. Are there enough of the old genetics being stored or reproduced to maintain them?

3 Likes

The Freaker’s Ball is working on that man. :grinning:
:guitar:

9 Likes

Being from the east coast, The Freakers Ball was an album by Dr. Hook and Shel Silverstein?

3 Likes

Well, it’s a song By Dr. Hook and The Medicine Show that was written by Shel Silvestein. It’s from their 2nd, and IMO their best, album, Sloppy Seconds.

I always loved that song. They have one called, “Makin’ It Natural”, that’s pretty good too. Those guys were good, and Silverstein was an incredibly talented guy. He wrote award-winning children’s books, and songs like Freaker’s Ball. Interesting bookends. :v:
:guitar:

9 Likes