The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

They look like different plants grown in proper containers under the sun. Nice plants!

8 Likes

Thanks…ye they have had no problems…a wee bit of leaves dropping, but that’s pretty common with some Sativas.

I did keep the best male…I’ve just quarantined it away from the females…and few days ago trimmed the forming male flowers, while I decide what to do…I’m sure you will agree it’s totally different from the females…

13 Likes

Nice wide Male. Looks like a good one!
I will help you decide what to do with him😁
Notice how the plant filled out to the edge of the container perfectly.

6 Likes

Ye….and that’s the one,that was two weeks behind the other plants…so was flipped at around five and a half weeks.
It’s growing outside now …loving the sun
be interesting to see how it turns out. Ye I know we can arrive at something.

Thanks

5 Likes

Looks just like one of the females i had. Intoxicating smell on that lady. Perfectly round.

6 Likes

Yes very attractive plants! I can imagine one in my office. :joy:

5 Likes

Early 2018 I grew Ace-seeds Panama here…

It was grown outside after veg under lights…I’m seeing similar traits…but to be honest…not comprehensive.

But was a great smoke.

This Project I have been interested in since then…maybe teturn Panama red to Panama …(or Punta roja to Central y South America
,it’s.is maybe a fantasy…but I can only report on my experiences here.

But will say @lefthandseeds BX haze and ace Panama …we’re absolutely the smoke and Buzz I’m looking for.

15 Likes

Thank you.

5 Likes

If one man can contaminate an entire gene pool then one man is enough to help fix it. Make seeds and spread them far and wide over your country. Give them out freely. Tell the locals they will get top dollar from tourists having a historically local product for sale.

10 Likes

Wouldja look at that beauty…

15 Likes

Old Silver Thai x5 in flower not sure yet but think I got 2 males for breeding.

Also same age plant Lefty’s Panama haze going out of control!

17 Likes

Could be a male…i can’t tell yet, but seems early…how many days flowering? Mite problem solved?

5 Likes

Copper canyon, Chihuahua. 2nd day at 11/13

17 Likes

Neat! Keep the updates coming! They look like sativas…are they potentially pure? Never saw genetics from North Mexico.

5 Likes

Yes the mites are dead I did a spray another grower gave me. 2 times in a week. They seem to be gone. The plants took a hit with it tho got some yellowing and tip burn /curl action but they seem to be bouncing back well. They are being fed dragonfly earth medicine brews and water. The tops of 2 of the plants have that poofy male flower look to them but yes too early to tell. I will check the dates on flower but I am guessing 2 weeks in flower.

5 Likes

The seeds come from stock from 1990. The plants are looking more NLD day to day. Not sure if the strain is pure landrace or heirloom… very little info around about this cultivar. The flowering pictures that ive seen look pretty sativas to me. Ill be posting updates

9 Likes

I had to do the same thing my first time growing the oaxacan. In the beginning of this thread I talked about how I had to use neem oil to get rid of mites. Spider mites seem to be the only Critters that go after Oaxaca. They bounce back quickly like you said.

6 Likes

Look what I found today. I usually keep original packaging

Says its pure @romanoweed…you had asked a few weeks ago.

22 Likes

A big thank you again @Upstate for gifting these to me. I consider them some of the most valuable genetics in my collection.

8 Likes

Really neat to see!

4 Likes