The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

It was Snowhigh’s Panama Black. Here are the details from Seedfinder.eu

Panama Black is a combination of 2 different BCO Black Haze mothers which genetics consist of Purple Haze x Colombian Black. One Black Haze pheno was the Purple Haze pheno with striking purple old school floral clusters that smell of burgundy/port wine and taste of grape candy which translates to the palate while smoking. The other Black Haze pheno was more Purple Colombian dominate but with some green mixed with the purple colors. The high is a connoisseur smoke unlike almost anything on the market.

The combination with a BCO Panama Red male which has traits of red but not full on red traits was used in the Panama Black. The Panama Red line grows large and long with many buds sites of densely packed resinous full sativa floral clusters. The Panama Black which produces phenos from both sides of the spectrum from the Purple Haze phenos which yield large purple diamond shaped plants with loads of moderately large floral clusters of the highest quality to the more racy and trippy Panama Red phenos which should produce some recessive red phenos that live up to the legends of Panama Red from the 60’s and 70’s. This line is for lovers of exotic sativas and for those who want to experience a true sativa experience. A balanced organic soil and repotting should be used to control height and use of normal hybrid fertilizing and feeding programs should be refrained from while growing this line or yields or other fussy expressions can produce unwanted outcomes and poor yields. Patience is needed while growing any pure sativa, allowing the flowers to grow to full potential with good amounts of light and root space should be considered before growing this strain. Those who are inexperienced with growing longer flowering strains should research growing them beforehand so you’re better prepared to finish the strain. Those who decide to grow Panama Black will be rewarded with exotic highs and an enhancement high type which is a rarity in most todays strains.

7 Likes

26 weeks from seed! Damn!

4 Likes

Good grief! That’s a long time to hold your breath. :joy:

3 Likes

well BHO Black Haze… its from breeders choice organisation , consisting of a Columbain Black X Purple Haze.
Looking at the pics of Purple Haze it looks very much like the oldtimers Haze, i think its that one.
And oldtimers haze tests as pure Landrace on phylos. (multicross of different Middleamericans)

4 Likes

OST starting to make yellow brown husks and drop seeds off the plant. DING! TINK! i never saw a plant have finished seeds fall out of the buds! See it sitting there pretty.
![image|375x500](upload://kAu

wOqGq3wF5QZKX3XHpHL5HpZa.jpeg)

10 Likes

@Upstate thank you again, just got my Oaxaca seeds in today’s mail:

17 Likes

:drooling_face:

4 Likes

I know Todd Mccormick mentioned Sam the Skunkman said the purple pheno would come out in the original 3 way colombian haze cross that was grown and bred in the SC mountains by “G”

Said it was a cross of colombian gold, colombian punto rojo and one other colombian sativa. Perhaps the 3rd colombian was colombian black and that’s where the purple pheno comes from?

3 Likes

nice statement, i cant say if the Line from ACE is exactly what you mean (a pheno showing) , but it may be also different line, history of Haze very unclear and sometimes contradictionary

2 Likes

I think she likes it…

12 Likes

Anybody used this seedbank before?

I been kinda browsing…looks like some nice genetics.

They bring in a other Panama red. https://www.zomiacannabisco.com/product-page/tropical-red?currency=USD

https://www.zomiacannabisco.com/landrace-strains?currency=USD

4 Likes

I came across them a little while ago. The pictures seem legit but the descriptions are iffy to me, especially for such a luxe looking website.

3 Likes

That’s a sativa trait called shattering. The husk shatters, allowing the seed to fall out of wet foliage. Indicas “hold” their seeds to protect them until the heat has passed in places like Afghanistan.

15 Likes

That is really cool info thank you Upstate! Love these plants they do have a really nice smell to them if I get them at the right time of day. Very unique and makes me want to grow more.Not sure why but I seem to have the fastest flowering room in the known Universe. So if anyone needs some 20 week plants finished in 45 days let me know :joy:

7 Likes

Wait, 45 days? From seed to now? Surely I’m misunderstanding

2 Likes

I have to look back thru the notes but I started mine less than 50 days for sure. Upstate I think said the Thai may be the cause of fast flowering.

4 Likes

The same shit’s currently happening with my AGs. When I reuse the soil, I imagine there’s going to be so many random sprouts lol

8 Likes

Acapulco gold clones from straggly mothers I swore I’d never run again. These clones have been kept warmer and under 1000w hps instead of 600w. The mothers were tall viney with little buds full of seed. These clones are actually stacking. Only like 4weeks and already looking better than the mothers. Just an observation.

They still seem to stay yellowish n look like they’re dying. But they get fed and eat it up. Hard to do indoor but after looking at this I wonder what clones flipped immediately under 1000w would do. Sea of colas maybe. Obviously the wide leaf plant is not an ag.

10 Likes

The plants aren’t done( are they?!!), it’s just they got pollinated so early they concentrated on seed production rather than flower production. Those 10-hour days certainly had something to do with it. @GREANDAL has the same exact seed off the same exact plant.
Long flowering sativas lose resin production when the flowering cycle is dropped too low. I always read that 10 and a half hours was minimum, but that’s at the end of the flowering cycle, not at the beginning. Good way to make quick seed though.
@SkunkHunt101 I would be interested to see what happens if you reveg the plants and grow them normally.
There was one Thai plant that made very respectable buds by week 11. I would say they were ripe. Somewhere around week 9 or 10 that particular plant switched sex completely and started growing new branches that were entirely male. If it was only one plant that had ripened so quickly, I would say it was genetics from this particular phenotype. But not with all of them ripening so quickly.
Sorry about all the misprints there. fixed now

9 Likes

Ok that makes sense to me, it generally takes 4-5 weeks for a seed to mature from what I understand so that tracks.

I started at 12/12 and went to 11.5/12.5 at the repot. Figure to stay there a week or ten days then 11/13 etc.

4 Likes