The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Flipped today…8 weeks today…I’ve had them out in the sun most days here…taking advantage of the sun :sunny:

Into the greenhouse now…hopefully 2 girls out 4…be ok…last time was six plants and four males…so we bit of luck due.

The small wide one is intriguing …I tied it down and I hope it’s a female…it’s reaching ten nodes on the branches just now…could be a Mighty Mouse LOL

14 Likes

Interesting plant @Panamajock… that shorter octopus. It Could be a great yielder. Are the photos(3) of the bigger plants all the same short one showing the progression of its growth or are they different plants? Looking good! Congrats on your first ripe seeds too! That’s great!:+1:
@GREANDAL…hot.damn! looking knarly like I had hoped. Going to be extreme potency on a couple of those. Don’t forget to tell us what they are. What are the last 2 photos? That purple stem( Oaxaca?)is something to look at for sure. Are there 3 pictures of it or 3 killer purple stem Oaxaca plants? The last photo looks like a perfect blend of Oaxaca and Thai…am i right?

5 Likes

The plants were all sowed the same day…about 8 weeks ago…and the small pheono is interesting ….out of the first grow and round 2…there has been a difference of different plants…I love observing different plants…just like a
I love observing humans as well…

Be sexing results 7-10 days …

8 Likes

My bad, the bud photos are all Oaxacan. My favorite of the purple stems atm. The One next to it also looks good as well though I haven’t done well with it.

The bottle brushy one is one of the green ones, the one that looks like a corn broom.

This purple one just isn’t made for indoors or just can’t handle the dinky pot. It looks like it might be something though.

Here’s some of the ost

I expect they will be gnarly in their time. The most powerful dragons :dragon: lie silent.

13 Likes

Beautiful. That’s exactly what comes to mind when someone mentions sativa.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush:

I find it fascinating how the type of weed has likely influenced the philosophies of the cultures that have grown it for millennia.

Look at Angkor Wat and then Mecca. lol

1 Like

What do you mean?

1 Like

I’ve really enjoyed following your grow…and very professional.incredible photos as well.

I’m like you @GREANDAL …got to preserve, and all growers should find a corner to grow landraces…it’s certainly a education.

Regards

PJ

6 Likes

I imagine the environment that shaped the plants did so to the people of course.

Really mind expanding Sativas can free some thoughts just like staying too long in the jungle. lol It isn’t surprising to me an Afghani farmer might be dour and move with efficiency living in those conditions. Nor that religion in that part of the world is the way it is.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been watching yours too with some jealousy. I’ve only ever heard of Panama red etc. never smoked it.

Yes this is a rabbit hole that takes more thought than I think I thought. :laughing: No way I would have a basement jungle without the good hearted people here.

Thank you for the compliment on the photos too!

3 Likes

Too bad the calming effects of charas haven’t rubbed off on too many Afghans. Their disposition is the complete opposite to what cannabis tends to induce, especially Afghan strains. There’s some irony in that.

2 Likes

Well if we consider the stress of their environment and what has gone on there for so long that sort of relief would seem to drive their selections. Brutal place.

2 Likes

I have had some thoughts on the differences between “sativa” and “Indica” plant physiology that are pure conjecture but just came to mind after a discussion. It seems the more psychotropic varieties, particularly the SEA, tend to come from jungle like conditions. They transpire extremely quickly. You can almost see the water run through them it’s so fast.

1 Like

This is typical of jungle flora or all sorts and we see almost all the mineral and nutrients present are bound in the plants, not the soil as we normally think of it. So these plants are very efficient at fixing passing desired molecules which must contribute to the profile of chemicals at their disposal to generate their defense, what we’re after.

1 Like

I don’t know how to say this without offending anyone, but I’ll try. Their values being utterly contrary to my own classically liberal ones notwithstanding, their prowess in war is something to behold. The reason their history is a litany of pushing out foreign invaders is they get lots of practice. Various factions war with each other when they don’t have anything else to do. They always have; they always will. It’s a damn shame…

3 Likes

You describe the human condition I think.

Der Affe ist ein Affe, wo immer er ist… lol

2 Likes

I must agree with you though. Fearless like I have never seen. Bravery that to us looks stupid. Tough as hide. But I can’t feel much sympathy for a culture that treats their women like animals.

3 Likes

It’s passing on energy. Equatorial varieties tend to have effects that could be described as “energetic.” It converted solar energy into chemical energy, which gives your body more potential and kinetic energy (you know, you smoke sativa and you want to get up and do things). That’s likely also the reason for the biodiversity near the equator: free energy.

1 Like

I agree the abundance of energy is key. The complexity of organic chemistry achieves more, with more possibilities, when driven.

Love means never having to overwinter too. lol

1 Like

Between that and the “chai boys”…You’re absolutely right to have no sympathy.

3 Likes