The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Liebig’s law comes into play. It states growth is regulated not by overall resources, but by which resources are available in the least amount.

1 Like

My thoughts about it, the soaring true trippy weed leads to expression, freer thinking and more open perception. All things useful in a lush environment. In the jungle you have no hope of seeing everything there, you have to move through it with the grace of what lives there or they won’t even find your bones.

In that harsh blasted Afghan landscape where everything beats you down, the weather, the shit flavored dirt you eat all day, the sob local warlord coming for his vigorish you have to learn to submit with grace or at least not show your teeth. The warm embrace of a pain relieving couchlocker looks good to you. Imagine the suppressed resentment. I wouldn’t give an Afghan a Malawi bud on a bet.

Edit: I’m not at all suggesting the plants are influencing people’s behavior deliberately only that the use (purpose) drives the selection.

4 Likes

In one of my pipe dreams, I envision whole fields of cannabis that doesn’t look like cannabis, growing right out in plain sight. I’d love to go out and play “Johnny Potseed” and establish entire acres’ worth of feral plants that the cops don’t even recognize as cannabis. If they were to ever figure it out, either cannabis would be legal or it would be so widespread they could never get rid of it by the time they did.

3 Likes

Having lived in many part of the United States, I’ve noticed that people tend to resemble the conditions of their regions. For example, people who live in Portland, Oregon tend to have dour and gloomy, but gentle dispositions. Meanwhile, the people who live in rural Texas, a hot, dry environment where everything has teeth, claws and venom, tend to behave like the flora and fauna there.
These observations are all completely anecdotal and subjective, though.

1 Like

Don’t worry about that too much. They haven’t yet have they? It’s everywhere. Weed has done what it does in our culture like much older ones. It’s in. It has long had the evolutionary advantage of the chicken. :joy:

What is disconcerting to an “old” man like me is that in the quest to make money people are coming up with show chickens and never meeting Quetzalcoatl.

5 Likes

Nice. Giant fan leaves are always fascinating for some reason.

1 Like

Amen brother! My thoughts exactly, except put more eloquently and with less profanity. :smile::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Yup. Bring up the idea of an antediluvian civilization to any academic and you’ll be met with scorn. These people with their fancy degrees are no closer to figuring out how many of the monuments in South America were built than the rest of us. None have given anything resembling a definitive answer to how Neolithic people in the Andes could cut granite with laser precision. Nor have they explained how the Sphinx has water erosion in a place that’s had next to no rainfall for millennia.
Please don’t misunderstand, science is a very good thing. The problem is that scientists can be as dogmatic as religious fundies.

4 Likes

The acquisition of a degree beyond a master’s is an exercise in politik as much as learning if not more depending on the subject. It’s hard for me not to poke a Phd with the sharpest available words but that’s my pathology. :joy:

3 Likes

There are a few multi-purpose landraces in Nepal, if I’m not mistaken.

Same here. When I talk to academics, I lead with the fact that I have no formal education. And it’s true; I’ve never been inside of a college classroom in any capacity other than janitor. Technically, I’m a high school dropout from Arkansas. That all being said, correcting a college graduate (who vastly underestimated me) is amusing and very satisfying.

5 Likes

One issue I’ve had with dispensary bud is that even sativa-dom strains have a body high that can be a little much for my taste. Pure sativas are about as rare as hen’s teeth, in my experience.

1 Like

A mullah, rabbi or preacher it could be argued are leveraging Liebig yes.

1 Like

That matches very neatly with the Inca god Virachocha and some of the deities of the Mesoamerican Indians. The Incas described Virachocha as wearing a long robe, having a beard and light skin and being an mariner. The Mesoamericans said the same of their gods, and that they “walked across water as easily as others walk across land.”
Our species being some 250,000 years old, I have a hard time believing we spent 244,000 of them as simple hunter/gatherers. We’re talking about full-on modern humans, anatomically identical to us, with the same mental horsepower (for lack of better terms).

Not related to the immediate conversation…

Anyone else re-watch “Up In Smoke” excited about the Oaxaca? :rofl:

7 Likes

I have some trim and a herm plant to turn into hash. It should be epic.

Need to get some ABC seeds. They are neat plants.
@GREANDAL we shall meet Quezlecoatl if I have anything to do with it😁

3 Likes

Police officer…" what’s your name?"
Cheech…" isn’t it written on the license man?"
Classic.

No need for school to learn. Just lots of books and a desire to know more. An open mind is often the missing ingredient of formal education imo.

6 Likes

Mark Twain said: “I never let my schooling interfere with my education.”

3 Likes

“My dog ate my stash. I had to follow him around with a little baggie to get it back. You should have seen the dog, man. It really blew his mind.”

4 Likes

Ancient high technology. Imo a pic of melted stone. Perhaps a giant Archimedes style lens was left unattended and this mistake resulted. Looks like it was hitting one spot at the top, and then got bumped and slowly sank towards the ground, melting as it moved.Screenshot_20220208-124928_Gallery|230x500

Anyone thats tried masonry knows how crazy these cuts are in the last photo. Andesite stone. Incredibly hard stuff. How on earth was this done?

5 Likes