The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

I had problems finding Klimatecharts for the Montain next to Oaxacn wich is ruffly 11 000 Feet., but google told me i can calculate ruffly 3 Farenheit away per 1000feet raise in Altitude, so i calculated it away from Oaxacans Charts, and found Nov / December nighttemperatus to be at:

53 Farenheit (12 Celsius)

Thats ruffly like Egypt Temperatures.

So, the winter Temperatures are quiet cool. Not cold but cool

5 Likes

High Times 1975

15 Likes

Now I want to play that geo-locator with that pic!
That’s within 2,000 feet or so of the treeline, so it wouldn’t has be a much competition

3 Likes

do we know where the fabulous Oaxacan often came from? I mean oaxacan is much hotter, But for this Climate The leavesize and Floweringtime matches ruffly i would speculate … (with Cryptic Labs Oax)

And do we know if the good Oaxacan came from Farmers, or Indigene Culture Folks ?

3 Likes

That’s a picture worth 3000 words…

Look @ that smile!!!

Marijuana 1975!!!

4 Likes

That three degrees per thousand feet is pretty accurate in the tropics. It was dead on accurate in hawaii. For some reason it doesn’t work where I live.

4 Likes

Good golly that’s a beautiful picture
Eleven thousand feet!? That’s almost a thousand feet higher than malana village in india. No wonder it’s so cold tolerant

6 Likes

Sounds familiar… :smile: : :grin: :joy:

4 Likes

I was thinking it looks like Mangobiche, but that’s only going off one other picture of one plant… could indeed be Mexi.
Look at those pretty colors on it. Very nice.

2 Likes

Red Snake is Oaxacan x Punta Rojo but I am not sure if it is the same Oaxacan they crossed to the Oaxacan79. Elchichas can confirm what was used however he told me it was a Pure Oaxacan they crossed to the O79 in an attempt to capture the O79 qualities in regular seed form. It is a winner and the sample female I grew last year had a crystal clear cociane effect that lasts for hours. Still smoking this one which was immature, not stored in any air tight jars, so potency should be oxidizing, yet it rings the Bell everytime no tolerance build up after a year.

Saludos

RC_Colas

12 Likes

Another Oaxaca was crossed to the 79? Just making sure I have this right. What’s the scoop on this other Oaxaca? Any idea?
Is “Eldorado” this same 79 Oaxaca cutting?

And No tolerance build up too. Thats my huckleberry right there. I love weed that motivates and does the trick every time. Sounds like a winner. Any pics you can share?

5 Likes

Wow man great job those are some might pretty gals you have grown. Is that yellowing of the leaves genetics cause they look healthy leaves.

@upstate agreed the no tolerance build up is becoming one of the biggest factors I’m looking for to grow.

2 Likes

Check this out. This is the climate of the capital city of Oaxaca, also called Oaxaca. The city is at 5,500 feet, and can get below 41 degrees in winter at night. 11,000 feet is about 18 degrees colder( 5 500 feet higher @ 1 degree colder every 300 feet 18×3 =54)
Certainly explains the cold tolerance, purple colors on leaves or even light purple flowers sometimes, the short height, and the faster flowering time.

6 Likes

Yes there was a Pure Oaxacan crossed to O79, that is the repro of the cross made by kaiki and Elchichas that I sighted w the photos above of the pollinated female w heavy buds at just 4 weeks of flower. I can not comment on what cut “Eldorado” has but the original O79 cut came from Kushyman here in Canada to my understanding. The only thing that matters now is the Oaxacan representation here now and this one is special just like my Copalita🤙

Saludos

RC_Colas

6 Likes

Awesome! Nice to see another Oaxaca line pop back up. I’ve only tried Cryptic Labs Oaxaca, so im no expert, but there’s no doubt Oaxaca produces special landraces.

3 Likes

I think 11,000 ft is usually above treeline. At last around here it is.

8 Likes

It is a very special place it also has some special landrace psilocybin mushrooms different in anywhere else in the world a very special place indeed!

2 Likes

Yeah that is correct here, but in that region it’s more like 13,000… according to Google

4 Likes

Don’t look to the temperatures.The UV index is very high.Oaxaca de Juarez is at 1560m above sea level.

About Eldorado, years ago I got from a guy who grew this variety a few buds.

11 Likes

i dont really understand the calculation you make, but anyway. i think your Graph shows even lower numbers than mine so im anyway good…

So yeah, i think you agreed its roundbaout like Egypt Temperatures…
So, a 13 weeker Mexican could exist actually! wohoo. Thanks for the pics, thanks for listening.

3 Likes