The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

http://www.internationalhempassociation.org/jiha/iha01201.html

3 Likes

nice, it writes about Temperatures influence on Cannabinoids.

and it says there is a definite decreas in Cannabinoid production at higher temps (32Celsius vs 23 Celsius)
But all i wanted to make clear, that the relatively low temps would make way for short floweringtime. Nothing else. I wasnt interested in Cannabinoid-amounts…

Further, i think many of the strongest weeds on earth come from slightly cooler Places , but with tropical Sunintensity…(tropical Belt).

I just wanted to say you kinda reframed my Statement (no biggy) that the Temperatures would make way for shortflwering Plants… thats all i wanted to say.
because its first Time i see somone Growing in the mex Mountains. Im happy, because i always told probably there are mountain Strains, and who know probably this is one…

IT overlays with someone mentioning that in the mexican Mountains is where the good Stuff is grown… (the guy who said that, heard if from someone else, and then drove around the mountains,but he himselve barely found Weed up the Mountains, and searched it along time… didnt find much, and they dont even smoke much up there…
(story from the 70s i recall).

Yes and i understand that you wanted to say in the Mountains is where the UVB hits, and its where the good stuff grows. ! Super info, have to read that definitly.

3 Likes

I know a grower who is using this UVb light for his plants.

He said that it improved the quality enormous.Only thing is he has to hang the uv light 80 cm above his plants otherwise radiation burn.

5 Likes

So, the Pictures match kinda the notion that rather few people even Smoked the Weed in the Mountain regions, Why do i say that ? Because look there is ONE guy in a whole FIELD…

It seems like there it was more a Farmers Job , to produce for others, rather than a vivid , living Cannbisculture. Not saying there was none Culture, but it was often a Farmer producing… Atleast thats what i imagine for the moment. based on sparse info…

I mean compare to Thailand, in Thailand everyone a bit familiar knows there as a Thaistick region, knows that its related to this Hmong Tribes , Khmer Tribes, or some say it was made by Farmers for export… Ok those are very unconsistent Notions… but compared to Mexico i havent heard more then that singly Story i just told, aboout “it beeing from the Mountains”.

And given how sparse that info is, i could imagine that its true… far up the mountains nobody found it really. thats why the info is so sparse…
Please guys correct me if you know that what i speculate here is wrong. it may well be wrong,

3 Likes

Pic from 1930, selling bundles of marihuana in Mexico City

10 Likes

Frida Kahlo smoking mota.She loved it.

18 Likes

Is that the shaman lady from Mexico that uses the psilocybin mushroom for healing people? I can’t remember thanks :slight_smile: or wishful thinking lol

3 Likes

That’s Maria Sabina, Frida Kahlo was the famous female Mexican painter.

7 Likes

Oh yeah :slight_smile: thanks bro

:slight_smile: That’s super cool bro! And she does look more like a painter vs a shaman :slight_smile: lol

2 Likes

I was furthering your point of view about the potential for short flowering. Showing you that the temperatures get even lower than what you had found. Probably temps dip below freezing during flowering.

3 Likes

The main clue about high elevation cannabis in Mexico is in the name. Highland Oaxaca Gold, ( the HOG, as in high on the HOG😁) Highland Guerrero…
Are there others with the word Highland attached?
If there are I’d love to find them.

6 Likes

thanks man, those were the upstate-extra bonus-degrees i gave you for free!
but if you dont want. lol

3 Likes

Dude, you ain’t lying. I’m not a
worldly mofo and probably will be hanging in the upper midwest (God’s country) for the remainder of my days, but that place looks like somewhere I could also hang and smoke the reefers for the rest of my life. If I ever disappear maybe I’ll turn up there….or Alaska. :grin:

6 Likes

@Cbizzle Unless Alaska has great cannabis at 11, 000 feet, I’ll see you in Mexico😁

5 Likes

14 Likes

Maria Sabina

14 Likes

I guarantee there’s fire in Alaska, it’s just being grown indoors by all the folks who said “fuck it” to the status quo and moved to the wilderness! :rofl:
Where do you think “baked” Alaska came from :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Frida…an Icon …@ an incredible artist.

Love that Girl so much…I got her signature on my arm.

P J

irl

10 Likes

Frida was a force of nature I think. An excellent example of force of personality overcoming physical disability and pain at least for as long as possible. It’s hard not to dislike Diego Rivera from what we “know” about how he treated her or how their relationship has been portrayed.

6 Likes

Higher in the mountains the thinner the air and not only more UV but its much more than it would be lower evelations

It must be possible toknow the right people

Yeah, its not a culture of smokers and trippers

Medicine is the way look @ the mushroom and I think Cannabis must be kept Down Low and out of sight

Many hazards in Mexico…someone needs to translate local language Spanish speakers be good but these are isolated village communities

I think bring something authentic to trade

Go further than money…

6 Likes